Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lucid Dream posted:

I doubled the size of the minimap and made it draw brighter, here is a comparison of the difference:

That is much easier to see and parse quickly. Very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
I'm still not sure how we should handle the scanning exactly, since I don't want to add another, different scan function to the wrist laser, and I feel like piggybacking on the terrain scanner like this would be overpowered, but as a proof of concept this sorta works:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Would it be possible / feasible to add an indicator to crafting menu, that would mark recipes that I did not try yet? Earlier, when I finally tried to play this game :v:, I got into a situation where a wooden dowel was needed for something but there was no recipe for it and I had no idea what to try. I chopped down some tree earlier, collected materials from it, but only the recipe for wooden planks became available, so I though that I maybe need to find a different kind of tree like different types of rocks lead to different recipes or something? When I mostly by accident crafted wooden planks and thus discovered the recipe for dowels, I was like "oh right new items uncover new recipes, so maybe I should try to craft everything I can!" But at that point I had loads of recipes available and no easy way to tell what could lead to new things, so :effort:

Also when I crafted full set of bone armor (looks great!) and put on my luchador mask and found the tech blower, I felt like I achieved everything there is to achieve in videogames :black101:

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Would it be possible / feasible to add an indicator to crafting menu, that would mark recipes that I did not try yet? Earlier, when I finally tried to play this game :v:, I got into a situation where a wooden dowel was needed for something but there was no recipe for it and I had no idea what to try. I chopped down some tree earlier, collected materials from it, but only the recipe for wooden planks became available, so I though that I maybe need to find a different kind of tree like different types of rocks lead to different recipes or something? When I mostly by accident crafted wooden planks and thus discovered the recipe for dowels, I was like "oh right new items uncover new recipes, so maybe I should try to craft everything I can!" But at that point I had loads of recipes available and no easy way to tell what could lead to new things, so :effort:
Hmm, it wouldn't be out of the question. In the next update you'll be able to use the magnifying glass in the crafting window to inspect a requirement and get the recipe that way if you don't already have it, so the issue should be somewhat alleviated.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Also when I crafted full set of bone armor (looks great!) and put on my luchador mask and found the tech blower, I felt like I achieved everything there is to achieve in videogames :black101:

Ahaha awesome.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lucid Dream posted:

I'm still not sure how we should handle the scanning exactly, since I don't want to add another, different scan function to the wrist laser, and I feel like piggybacking on the terrain scanner like this would be overpowered, but as a proof of concept this sorta works:

That looks really good! Is there a way you could make it activated with a different key while the terrain scanner is equipped? Maybe have it use significantly more energy and with a more limited range than what you have set there? Maybe have a full sweep take almost half or possibly even the entire, that way it's an actual consideration whether or not to use it, but not so much that you wouldn't ever want to use it. Using up my battery isn't as bad when I'm planning on staying in one area for a short amount of time as it is when I'm moving and may need it suddenly at any moment.

-EDIT-

Or perhaps keep the power consumption the same and make it so a lower level scanner can potentially miss deposits. Say it has a 60% chance to find deposits at level 1, 70% at level 2, until 100% at level 5. Hm. I'm not sure.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 29, 2014

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Who What Now posted:

That looks really good! Is there a way you could make it activated with a different key while the terrain scanner is equipped? Maybe have it use significantly more energy and with a more limited range than what you have set there? Maybe have a full sweep take almost half or possibly even the entire, that way it's an actual consideration whether or not to use it, but not so much that you wouldn't ever want to use it. Using up my battery isn't as bad when I'm planning on staying in one area for a short amount of time as it is when I'm moving and may need it suddenly at any moment.

Technically it would be possible, but I don't like the idea of throwing in a new hot key all of a sudden for something so important. I could maybe see moving the terrain scanning on the wrist scanner gadget to the LMB and the ground penetrating mode on RMB and make it so you have to press the hotkey to activate the map rather than have the map on the LMB of the gadget as it is now. We could also just make a new gadget that you carry around rather than tying it to the wrist laser explicitly, I'll have to talk to Hayes about it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lucid Dream posted:

Technically it would be possible, but I don't like the idea of throwing in a new hot key all of a sudden for something so important. I could maybe see moving the terrain scanning on the wrist scanner gadget to the LMB and the ground penetrating mode on RMB and make it so you have to press the hotkey to activate the map rather than have the map on the LMB of the gadget as it is now. We could also just make a new gadget that you carry around rather than tying it to the wrist laser explicitly, I'll have to talk to Hayes about it.

Personally I think the LMB for terrain scanning and RMB for penetrative scanning is best, if only because haveing a wrist mounted scanner is really really cool. But having it be balanced is more important.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 29, 2014

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Lucid Dream posted:

I just want to say that this is a really loving cool and clever solution to minimaps in general. You don't have to bring up any menus and it's stylish as hell. Functional, too.
Kudos.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Who What Now posted:

Personally I think the LMB for terrain scanning and RMB for penetrative scanning is best, if only because haveing a wrist mounted scanner is really really cool. But having it be balanced is more important.

Yeah, I'm leaning that way if we don't break it out into its own gadget. I tried prototyping it out that way and it works pretty well. I made it so when you use the penetrating mode the laser it shoots out has a rotation speed and range based on the level of amethyst installed, and it uses more power than the terrain scanning laser. Here is what the minimum and maximum look like right now:

We'll probably do something more with the effect to make it more distinct from the normal scanning mode, but so far so good.

Cicadas! posted:

I just want to say that this is a really loving cool and clever solution to minimaps in general. You don't have to bring up any menus and it's stylish as hell. Functional, too.
Kudos.
Thanks =D

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Sep 30, 2014

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Cicadas! posted:

Kudos.

I'm adding my voice to this. I'll buy the game when I can if only because everything you're doing is cool as poo poo. Maybe with next months paycheck.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lucid Dream posted:

Yeah, I'm leaning that way if we don't break it out into its own gadget. I tried prototyping it out that way and it works pretty well. I made it so when you use the penetrating mode the laser it shoots out has a rotation speed and range based on the level of amethyst installed, and it uses more power than the terrain scanning laser. Here is what the minimum and maximum look like right now:

We'll probably do something more with the effect to make it more distinct from the normal scanning mode, but so far so good.

That is absolutely perfect looking. Does it factor in for object density in it's range? If so, maybe make the lowest level beam a little shorter.

I have a few more general question. Mostly, what crystal upgrades the MEG flashlight, and where can they be found? I thought it might be amber, since it's yellow and looks like the ruby and sapphire a bit, but no go. Also, what is amber used for?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Topaz upgrades the flashlight, it's found in the same kind of rock piles as the other gems, just luck of the draw, I think. Amber I think is only useful for making flares.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Who What Now posted:

Does it factor in for object density in it's range? If so, maybe make the lowest level beam a little shorter.

It didn't when I made that gif, but I'm playing with making it take into account the density now. So far it seems to be working ok, but I'm not yet sure if it'll be a hassle to balance the penetrating power over a bunch of tile densities and upgrade levels.

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 30, 2014

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dareon posted:

Topaz upgrades the flashlight, it's found in the same kind of rock piles as the other gems, just luck of the draw, I think. Amber I think is only useful for making flares.

Thanks. I'll have to just keep looking then.

Lucid Dream posted:

It didn't when I made that gif, but I'm playing with making it take into account the density now. So far it seems to be working ok, but I'm not yet sure if it'll be a hassle to balance the penetrating power over a bunch of tile densities and upgrade levels.

Sounds pretty awesome so far. I'm not sure about balancing the penetration power, as I don't know what sort of values you're working with.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I love that you made it a directed beam, rather than a radar sweep. That wad the only other suggestion I was going to make for it.

Are there any plans to make the jetpack into an actual jetpack (sustained flight via constant energy drain), rather than it's current funtion as a jump-pack? Maybe an upgraded version when you guys get to branching away from one planet/two buildings?

Powered armor could neat. You could make it upgradable like the MEG tool as well (improved power supply, built in weapons, basically the final tier of armor that lets you combine a bunch of gadgets into one final set. Maybe you find parts of it throughout the story, but don't get it fully assemble upgraded until the end?)

Alternate AI personalities could be fun too.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

RickVoid posted:

Are there any plans to make the jetpack into an actual jetpack (sustained flight via constant energy drain), rather than it's current funtion as a jump-pack?
Yep, absolutely planned, we just didn't want to give it away so early in the tech tree.

RickVoid posted:

Powered armor could neat. You could make it upgradable like the MEG tool as well (improved power supply, built in weapons, basically the final tier of armor that lets you combine a bunch of gadgets into one final set. Maybe you find parts of it throughout the story, but don't get it fully assemble upgraded until the end?)
We've actually got some plans for an armor set that you would upgrade throughout the game, although we probably won't make it be "The Ultimate Armor" by the end, just because we'd want some end-game diversity.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I've made some progress in the game. Spoilers for some plot related stuff.

I found the science outpost and got the keycard along with some neat goodies and some blueprints. I also encounter Mecha-Ultra Chicken, shot it with a crossbow bolt, realized just how big it was and promptly got my rear end out of there.

I've started to more heavily explore the underground area below the mining base, and I've gotten a nice supply of iron as well as lead for batteries and other materials for plastic and rubber. But I'm having trouble getting steel, and without steel I can't make any of the high-tech stuff. I've found the ant biome but couldn't explore it much because I ran out of torches. But I did manage to get a level two crystal for my digging laser and tractor beam which has made mining much more tolerable.

I know the material to mix iron with for steel is deep, but how deep should I be expecting to go?

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Well, I went ahead and took the plunge after all. This is great! That survey tool is the coolest thing ever; between that and the glowing ants you can do pretty well for yourself using minimal torches. The power station being available so early on is a big help too, since the free shelter and storage cuts the early game in a way that doesn't feel excessive. And I'm really digging the movement system (the alt-fire on the pickaxe is such a quality-of-life improvement) though I do wonder how I manage to roll sometimes. Can't seem to replicate it. There's a few things I'd like to bring up, mostly about the UI. Apologies if they've been voiced before or if I'm somehow mistaken:

• Font Size: Putting the font size on Large doesn't increase its size as much as it fattens all the letters into indecipherable blobs.
  • Torch Quantity: Unless I missed something, there doesn't seem to be a quantity indicator in the HUD for the amount of torches in your inventory even when they're equipped. Considering you get a little indicator for platforms, tiles, food and the like, it's a bit odd that torches don't.
  • Quantity Indicator Placement: When running through the scroll slots in the upper right, you have to look all the way across the screen to see the quantity. That seems a bit backwards, since you'll want to keep your eyes on the scroll slots to keep a mental inventory of what you have up.
  • Scroll Slot Tooltips: Hovering over the slot tells you about the slot system. Useful, but with the small item sizes and the variety of items using the same materials, it'd be a lot easier if you could get even the name of the item currently displayed in that slot just on a hover. You can click on the icon to bring up the popup, but you can only do that while your bag is open, at which point you can hover over the item in your bag anyway. Without your inventory open, it doesn't do anything.

I'm playing in 1080p full-screen, for reference.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Who What Now posted:

I know the material to mix iron with for steel is deep, but how deep should I be expecting to go?
The anthracite you need to make steel is located near the bottom of the map, I'd guess about 500 blocks deep. You should start seeing it around the time you see Marble tiles. Steel is currently the second highest tier of equipment, but it has probably the largest amount of craftables of all the tiers, so we could definitely stand to spread that stuff out a bit more across the tiers.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

though I do wonder how I manage to roll sometimes. Can't seem to replicate it.
Double tap forward to roll, and back to backjump.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Putting the font size on Large doesn't increase its size as much as it fattens all the letters into indecipherable blobs.
Yep, that large kinda font sucks as-is, we'll find something better eventually.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Torch Quantity: Unless I missed something, there doesn't seem to be a quantity indicator in the HUD for the amount of torches in your inventory even when they're equipped. Considering you get a little indicator for platforms, tiles, food and the like, it's a bit odd that torches don't.
Ah yeah, you're right.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Quantity Indicator Placement: When running through the scroll slots in the upper right, you have to look all the way across the screen to see the quantity. That seems a bit backwards, since you'll want to keep your eyes on the scroll slots to keep a mental inventory of what you have up.
Yeah, that makes sense, I'll see if we can cram a quantity indicator in the scroll boxes for the active item or something, I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Scroll Slot Tooltips: Hovering over the slot tells you about the slot system. Useful, but with the small item sizes and the variety of items using the same materials, it'd be a lot easier if you could get even the name of the item currently displayed in that slot just on a hover. You can click on the icon to bring up the popup, but you can only do that while your bag is open, at which point you can hover over the item in your bag anyway. Without your inventory open, it doesn't do anything.
Yep, makes sense.

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

I just bought the game recently. Really enjoying it so far, especially where there's very little, if no, hostile enemies on the surface. Most of the other games I usually have to deal with hostiles when walking around on the surface which made it aggravating.

I did find a bug in which while rolling, you tap the item suction button and it switches the current tool you're holding to either the item suction tool or the minimap tool if you have the minimap open, else it just holsters your weapon. Was pretty annoying when I didn't know what replicated that bug. Looking forward to what the next updates hold in store.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

LordOfTheNoobs posted:

I did find a bug in which while rolling, you tap the item suction button and it switches the current tool you're holding to either the item suction tool or the minimap tool if you have the minimap open, else it just holsters your weapon. Was pretty annoying when I didn't know what replicated that bug. Looking forward to what the next updates hold in store.

Ah, good catch I think I have it fixed for the next update.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Working on some sweet, sweet content:

Bonesaw:

Scalpel:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:ese:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lucid Dream posted:

Working on some sweet, sweet content:

Bonesaw:

Operating theater open for business :unsmigghh:

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen.

Kitfox88 posted:

Operating theater open for business :unsmigghh:

would you say that...

BONESAW IS READY?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I messed around for a few hours, managed to make an assault rifle, got deep enough to get the GPS and a a blueprint from a buried spaceship by killing everything with barrel bombs. What I didn't realise is that a lot of creatures spawn in the tunnels above you and I was killed on the way back, losing all of my stuff. I think it's probably easier to restart the whole game at this point rather than try to scrounge enough minerals to survive the trip down from mined out shafts

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Lucid linked me this, but I feel like you lot should see it. The complaint itself is dumb, but "What Lucid Dream did next will restore your faith in humanity!"

http://steamcommunity.com/app/263200/discussions/0/616189742960995436/

I still can't believe you have an achievement about making GBS threads yourself. This game gets better and better.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

tehsid posted:

Lucid linked me this, but I feel like you lot should see it. The complaint itself is dumb, but "What Lucid Dream did next will restore your faith in humanity!"

http://steamcommunity.com/app/263200/discussions/0/616189742960995436/

I still can't believe you have an achievement about making GBS threads yourself. This game gets better and better.

How do you poo poo yourself? :psyduck:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Sit on a toilet, presumably with leg armor and/or clothing on.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Sit on a toilet, presumably with leg armor and/or clothing on.

Was waiting to make an effort post about this game tomorrow, but since this is being brought up, figured I'd mention a bug(?).

I made it to the green beacon, and upon breaking it I got that achievement. Pretty sure that wasn't intentional?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Arkitektbmw posted:

I made it to the green beacon, and upon breaking it I got that achievement. Pretty sure that wasn't intentional?

Actually you can get that achievement by sitting on the toilet with pants on or getting some poo poo particles on you so that is working as intended because that beacon was buried in a big ol' pile of ant poo poo

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Lucid Dream posted:

Actually you can get that achievement by sitting on the toilet with pants on or getting some poo poo particles on you so that is working as intended because that beacon was buried in a big ol' pile of ant poo poo

Oh! Bwahaha that's amazing. I was just thinking of that this morning, cuz I couldn't help but laugh every time I blew up one of the piles.

The attention to detail really drives this game ahead various other games in my book. Keep up the awesome work.

TastySauce
Jul 17, 2004

I AM A SKEPTOPOTAMUS!
I have been following this thread for a while, and I finally decided to pick the game up today. Love it! Games like Terraria and Starbound always seemed really interesting but never held my interest for more than a few hours. There's something charming about this game's humor, though, and I really like the mix of pre-generated and procedural content.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Who What Now posted:

How do you poo poo yourself? :psyduck:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Signs of Life - How do you poo poo yourself?

TastySauce posted:

I have been following this thread for a while, and I finally decided to pick the game up today. Love it! Games like Terraria and Starbound always seemed really interesting but never held my interest for more than a few hours. There's something charming about this game's humor, though, and I really like the mix of pre-generated and procedural content.

Honestly, I think its due to how small in scope the game feels. It feels a lot less expansive in a positive way, and a lot cosier than the more expansive 2d sandbox games out there.
Sometimes too much choice can be a negative thing, especially when there is no real direction.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The best improvement of this game over Starbound\Terraria is, imo, the physics system which lets you mine by just pointing in the vague direction and holding down the mouse button.

Having to individually target blocks in Starbound and Terraria for mining makes it unbearably tedious, but in Signs of Life I can just mine in a vague direction and the pick will hit and destroy blocks in the way without any fine control from me.

Out of curiosity why 'Signs of Life'? Is it because the entire planet is covered in life? :v:

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Well just spent my entire night playing this.

Finally hit a stage where I felt the need to move away from my makeshift camp at the pod.
Decided to move into the mining base.

Remodeled it to suit my needs.

The ability to remodel a per-generated structure to this extent was honestly a nice little surprise.
There are literally no crates or tables or chairs anywhere else, but it was worth it.

There were a few things I wanted to hit on after my lengthy session tonight.

1. Nice touch with the weird Gaboos looking creatures. It was nice to find that they were a good source of gems.

2. Death hurts (granted I only died once in like 4-5 hours). Dieing deep underground was extremely frustrating, however keeping the MEG upgrades made it a bit easier to quickly tool up and retrieve my stuff. So at the end of it all, I honestly think the way you've handled death is great.

3. It was a tad frustrating trying to find a way to kill certain creatures (block-breakers). Would it be difficult to have Agis give hints if the player seems unsure of how to handle certain ones? It's certainly not a big-issue, but I could see how the lack of any guidance could lead to some frustration. However, I did find that the balance of the tutorial(?) played really well; giving the player most of the tools needed to at least survive helped in figuring out how to handle those creatures.

4. More of a question, but is there a way to fix the elevator in the mining base? Those 'stairs' get annoying fast. Never mind, just saw a post of yours stating that you're working on it. Cool!

Having said all of that, I think this game is awesome, and it's earned it's place on my usual go-to-list. Great job!

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 8, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Neruz posted:

Out of curiosity why 'Signs of Life'? Is it because the entire planet is covered in life? :v:

Because of what else S.o.L stands for, which you are? :downs:

Note to self, actually play this space game I bought because of the Gifs and sense the guy making it is paying attention sometime.

No slight to the cool gifs and work in progress, it has mostly been time, attention span, and slight burnout on Work in progress space explore man games that's kept me from doing more than install it.

EDIT: (He said, while Elite Dangerous beta was running) :doh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Oct 8, 2014

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Amethyst posted:

I messed around for a few hours, managed to make an assault rifle, got deep enough to get the GPS and a a blueprint from a buried spaceship by killing everything with barrel bombs. What I didn't realise is that a lot of creatures spawn in the tunnels above you and I was killed on the way back, losing all of my stuff. I think it's probably easier to restart the whole game at this point rather than try to scrounge enough minerals to survive the trip down from mined out shafts

Well, since you had the GPS, you can now find your death pile on the minimap (And maybe drill straight down, you have been upgrading your MFD, right?), but if you had literally all your stuff on you, you're kinda stuck gathering materials for bone armor and a wooden sword, yeah.

When I start upgrading my gear into things actually made of metal, I also start storing my old gear in a chest in the mining outpost, so I at least have something I can corpse run with.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Always keep backups of important things like mining tools, armor and weaponry because being naked due to dropping all your poo poo on death is not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Neruz posted:

The best improvement of this game over Starbound\Terraria is, imo, the physics system which lets you mine by just pointing in the vague direction and holding down the mouse button.

Having to individually target blocks in Starbound and Terraria for mining makes it unbearably tedious, but in Signs of Life I can just mine in a vague direction and the pick will hit and destroy blocks in the way without any fine control from me.
Haha, I'll have to tell a buddy of mine you said that, originally it only mined where the head of the pick was and he bugged me relentlessly about making it so he could shove himself against a wall and mine in a direction and be able to dig a roughly person-shaped hole so we added more collision points to sorta fudge the collisions and make that work.

Neruz posted:

Originally because it sounds sci-fi and it wasn't taken,

Section Z posted:

Because of what else S.o.L stands for, which you are? :downs:
but when we realized this it sealed the deal.

Arkitektbmw posted:

3. It was a tad frustrating trying to find a way to kill certain creatures (block-breakers). Would it be difficult to have Agis give hints if the player seems unsure of how to handle certain ones? It's certainly not a big-issue, but I could see how the lack of any guidance could lead to some frustration. However, I did find that the balance of the tutorial(?) played really well; giving the player most of the tools needed to at least survive helped in figuring out how to handle those creatures.
I think the difficult part would be determining when to give the player the hints. The intent with putting the AGIS button on the HUD was to make it so you could use him like a metal gear codec, so I suppose I'd like to work out a system of giving hints when you're near a creature or attacking them or something. I'd also eventually like to do a pokedex or something that you could fill out by scanning the mobs which could serve a similar purpose, but I dunno when we might actually do that.

• Locked thread