Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

press V for animal kicking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

xutech posted:

When you die you drop everything you own, eating is an unfathomable trial and crafting / placing even the simplest thing like a torch is ????

Right click on food to eat it when it's in your inventory, drag and drop torch from inventory to place it. Most everything else in the game works the same way. Pretty simple stuff here.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

HardKase posted:

The Inventory reminds me of Ultima Online. Its a bit of a pain in the backside as things get buried. The packs that auto sort things help a bit.

The Ultima Online similarities were very intentional. The devs are big fans of it, and intended for the inventory to be immediately familiar to those who played UO.

Some people have been asking for it to be replaced with a grid like system. I happen to love how freeform it is, and how you can neatly layout items as you wish, or simply pile non essential materials into a corner. It also factors into player death. Either take the time to use the bags and tools available to keep a neat workspace, or suffer the consequences of all your items spewing everywhere and making a mess when killed. I can understand why some people would rather have inventory simply be a "set it and forget it" kind of thing, but for me it's another layer of gameplay that I enjoy.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 31, 2014

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Babyface Mingo posted:

That's amazing and I eagerly await for this to be in the main game now :allears:.

It was added in last night. You can find torches in the 4th slot on your toolbar.

• Locked thread