Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
So I decided to try and build a Destiny+Evade focused party. I'm playing on Warrior difficulty.

I'm rocking about 35 Evade at level 4, but I'm getting hit a lot fighting Kenshi in the Light House. Should I expect this throughout the game, or will it get to a point where I find myself evading lots of attacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

How does block chance, combined with multiple block attempts, work against a single monster with single or multiple attacks?

Examples:

- The monster has a single attack and it attacks. My Defender has 3 blocks available with 55% chance to block. The dice is rolled, and the "first" block chance fails -- will my other 2 block chances be applied? In other words, is it just a 55% chance to block or is it a 55% chance to block, then if the hit still goes through, another 55% chance to block, and if the hit still goes through, another 55% chance to block on a single hit? Or because the "first" block was rolled against the attack and failed to block, the hit goes through and rolls aren't made for the other 2 block chances? (The latter makes the most sense.)

- The monster has 3 attacks and my Defender has 3 blocks available for a round. I block the first attack. Is there a reduced chance for me to block the second attack and third from the same monster?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

So I was looking for a list of secret doors, because the detection system seems kinda buggy. With WD on all the time, I've still managed to miss at least a good 30% of the secrets based on my progress and the non-official compilation from gamefaqs below.

I've compiled the list below based off info from (mostly from some awesome gamefaqs poster Yorien -- so props to him/her): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/708378-might-and-magic-x-legacy/68439683

Please note that I haven't verified most of these. And the list below is still probably missing some secrets. If you kind goons find new ones, maybe we can post them in this thread and the OP author can maintain an updated list in OP.

Where do you get the dog hireling that can sniff out secrets?

In Yon-chall Foreth, in a secondary path. Access from (65,73) or (57,69). Be aware, is heavily protected by Blackfangs, whom are usually too strong for the party when you get access to that location.

SPIDER LAIR
(6,5) MIGHT - Chest, missing citizen

LIGHTHOUSE
Lv1 (3,1) PERCEPTION - Chest
Lv3 (5,5) MIGHT - Chest

DEN OF THIEVES
LV1 (4,6) MAGIC - Lever to (3,2) Chest
LV1 (7,2) MIGHT - Stairs to LV2
Lv1 (10,6) Perception

CASTLE PORTMEYRON
Lv1 (11,0) Magic
LV2 (1,8) MIGHT - Chest (heavily defended)

ELEMENTAL FORGE
LV2 (7,15) MAGIC - Berenice (Magical Focus GM Trainer)
LV2 (5,12) PERCEPTION - Chest
LV2 (16,7) MIGHT - Chest

LOST CITY
LV1 (29,7) MIGHT - Chest
LV2 (6,19) MAGIC - Chest
LV2 (4,5) MIGHT - Chest
LV2 (6,6) PERCEPTION - Chest
Lv3 (11,9) Perception
LV4 (19,11) PERCEPTION - Chest
LV4 (24,9) MIGHT - Chest
LV4 (24,15) MAGIC - Urn
LV4 (8,16) MAGIC - Chest
Lv4 (0,7) PERCEPTION - Barrel
LV4 (8,16) Triggers detection audio cue, but can't find
Lv4 (9,16) Magic
Lv2 (4,6) Triggers detection audio cue, but can't find

TOWER OF ENIGMA
Lv1 walls are easier to spot since their wall is darkened. Several Chests require to answer a riddle to be opened.

LV1 (12,5) MAGIC - Chest
LV1 (5,3) PERCEPTION - Chest
LV1 (3,9) MIGHT - Chest
LV2 (11,14) MAGIC - Chest
LV2 (8,5) PERCEPTION - Chest
LV3 (13,8) MIGHT - Chest (Flute)
LV3 (8,7) MAGIC - Chest
LV3 (6,7) PERCEPTION - Book

KARTHAL SEWERS
Possibly missing some?

LV1 (6,10) MAGIC - Chest (guarded)
LV2 (8,0) MIGHT - Chest

FALAGAR'S MANSION
Possibly missing some?
LV1 (8,8) MAGIC - Chest
LV1 (9,0) PERCEPTION - Chest
Lv2 (4,3) MIGHT - Lever to 4,3 door

CURSED RUINS
Most secrets are located in darkened walls.

LV1 (13,9) PERCEPTION - Chest
LV1 (9,13) MIGHT - Chest
LV1 (8,10) MAGIC - Chest
LV2 (9,7) MAGIC - Pressure plate
LV2 (2,13) PERCEPTION - Pressure plate
LV2 (10,13) MIGHT - Chest

KARTHAL JAIL
LV0 (3,13) PERCEPTION - Barrel
LV0 (3,2) MAGIC - chest
LV1 (14,7) MIGHT - Chest

BLACKGUARD QUARTERS
(15,6) PERCEPTION - Chest
(12,10) MAGIC - Chest
(2,2) MIGHT - Chest

TOMB OF THE THOUSAND TERRORS
LV2 (11,17) MIGHT - Barrel
LV2 (17,15) PERCEPTION - Barrel
LV2 (20, 19) MAGIC - Barrel
Lv3 (3,7) MIGHT - Barrel, dig spot
LV3 (20,3) MAGIC - Chest
LV3 (19,12) PERCEPTION - Chest

THE VIGIL
LV1 (15,21) MIGHT - Chest
LV1 (3,23) MAGIC - Chest
LV1 (15,15) PERCEPTION - Chest
LV2 (2,9) MIGHT - Chest
LV2 (12,4) MAGIC - Chest
LV3 (11,10) MIGHT - Chest
LV3 (6,1) PERCEPTION - Hidden lever

KER-THAL
LV1 (21,7) MAGIC - Chest
LV1 (17.20) MIGHT - Chest
LV2 (11,31) PERCEPTION - Chest

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Nakar posted:

I have heard there is also a typo with the Two-Handed skill that doesn't properly give the Destiny bonus to crit due a misnamed variable. I don't have much more info on that though, nor how exactly to fix it.

Find the StaticData\SkillEffects.csv in the game folder. Open the .csv file.

I have Office, so it opens in Excel, but you can easily edit this file with Notepad.

Find the line:

95,SKILL_EFFECT_TWOHANDED_CRIT_CHANCE,,TRUE,TRUE,I S_EQUIPED,INCREASE_CRITICAL_HIT_CHANCE,0.001,FIXED

The line has an incorrectly assigned variable.

Replace INCREASE_CRITICAL_HIT_CHANCE with INCREASE_CRITICAL_HIT_DESTINY_MULTIPLIER

Full corrected line:

95,SKILL_EFFECT_TWOHANDED_CRIT_CHANCE,,TRUE,TRUE,I S_EQUIPED,INCREASE_CRITICAL_HIT_DESTINY_MULTIPLIER ,0.001,FIXED

As I find that two-handed weapons are noticeably weaker than dual-wielding, it may be recommended to change 0.001 to 0.002 or 0.003.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I found a chest I don't believe is on the list:

Lost City
Lv3 (11,18) Perception

I'd like to thank the other goon that posted the chest in Sudgerd.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 9, 2014

• Locked thread