Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Does anyone have some young, super scarred dudes?

Like Darth Sion or something, people who aren't missing a limb but look like they got shoved through a meat grinder or something, but aren't like 80 year old grandpeople with a live of scars as much as a younger looking dude who got put through the wringer early in life or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
Really digging that Beholder series. I'm going to play Gnome7's Winter Mage in an upcoming game of Dungeon World where we're all Fantasy Detectives. Can I get some ice/snow/winter-themed wizards & witches? Ideally looking haughty or emotionally distant.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Speleothing posted:

HALO jump? That thar is an escape pod!

Hmm, let's check the pic again. High Altitude? Check. Low Opening? Compared to the initial height, check. I think I'm in the clear here. :v:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Longtime follower of this thread, but I find myself needing something very specific: A half-gnoll (mostly human) with a staff, wearing fantasy "desert robes." Anyone have something like this?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

In theory this is an orc, not a half-gnoll, but hey, fangs, muscles, grayish skin.

Sword, not staff, but...

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Mimir posted:

If they're anything like Hite's fantastic Suppresed Transmission series, they probably cover the real history, the fake history, then present an alternate history with campaign seed potential. I'd like to highly recommend as required that book as reading for modern-day conspiracy/horror, historical, and alternate history settings.

I gotta get around to Fatal & Friendsing this thing some time.

Please, do! Suppressed Transmissions was always the highlight of my Pyramid subscription, and I grabbed those books as soon as they hit the shelves. They solidified Hite's place among my all-time favourite gaming-related authors.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stallion Cabana posted:

Like Darth Sion or something, people who aren't missing a limb but look like they got shoved through a meat grinder or something, but aren't like 80 year old grandpeople with a live of scars as much as a younger looking dude who got put through the wringer early in life or something.
Does it specifically have to be dudes?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I want to see your final bosses. The huge smug dudes who stand cross-armed at the back of the fight, not getting in the fray because they don't get their hands dirty (but when they do, something is going to die). Your M. Bisons, your Shao Khans.

All I have at the moment even vaguely fitting that description is

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

In theory this is an orc, not a half-gnoll, but hey, fangs, muscles, grayish skin.

Sword, not staff, but...

Sorta works, but unfortunately doesn't have that level of Gnollitude I'm looking for. Shaggy black mohawk and more of a wiry build are preferred.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

The Crotch posted:

Does it specifically have to be dudes?

Dudes are better but chicks are fine if you have some good ones. I'm interested in some good scar patterns to use for a character description.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

MagnesiumB posted:

Really digging that Beholder series. I'm going to play Gnome7's Winter Mage in an upcoming game of Dungeon World where we're all Fantasy Detectives. Can I get some ice/snow/winter-themed wizards & witches? Ideally looking haughty or emotionally distant.

Stallion Cabana posted:

AXE COP posted:

I want to see your final bosses. The huge smug dudes who stand cross-armed at the back of the fight, not getting in the fray because they don't get their hands dirty (but when they do, something is going to die). Your M. Bisons, your Shao Khans.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 15, 2014

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AXE COP posted:

Battle for Wesnoth's good for final bosses. None of these are mine though, sadly.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stallion Cabana posted:

Dudes are better but chicks are fine if you have some good ones. I'm interested in some good scar patterns to use for a character description.
I don't have anything of quite the Darth Sion volume, but these are my four best "cool scars bro" people:

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

AXE COP posted:

Suitable for a wide range of campaigns!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Alright, I found something for scars, but it gotta warn you it's pretty anime. This character is, in fact, the President of the United States, but he received his scars as a young soldier in the Civil War.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

HitTheTargets posted:

Alright, I found something for scars, but it gotta warn you it's pretty anime. This character is, in fact, the President of the United States, but he received his scars as a young soldier in the Civil War.

I love Jojo. I totally forgot about the President's Scars.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

HitTheTargets posted:

His name is Funny Valentine. His goal is to collect the buried dismembered body parts of Jesus Christ scattered across the United States so he can attain stronger superpowers and be the best president ever.

I loving love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure so much.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Yeah, the scars get brought up once and aren't ever hyped. They don't come off as cartoonish that way.

In fact, I wanted to find some scar patterns from American comics, but it's basically all literal Frankensteins or sweet looking X-marks that don't ugly the guy up any.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tried to find a gnollish desert-dweller, didn't find any. Maybe try commissioning it?
I'm not super familiar with Shadowrun, so I don't know if I can help with that :v:

MagnesiumB posted:

AXE COP posted:

Stallion Cabana posted:

Scars, winter people, and big bosses, in no particular order:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Tollymain posted:

This is actually a commission of one of the PC's in my Exalted game! I posted it last thread, awesome to see it come up again!

Thanks for the scarred dudes and dudettes everyone, I think I got all the references I need!

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Signal posted:

Longtime follower of this thread, but I find myself needing something very specific: A half-gnoll (mostly human) with a staff, wearing fantasy "desert robes." Anyone have something like this?

Sounds like you want this guy:

Or maybe something like this dude:

Or this guy?

I dunno, I can't find anything that's exactly what you want, but maybe one of these is in the ballpark.

Tollymain posted:

So goddamn many Abyssal Exalted.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This guy owns, and this is an awesome picture of him.

He's the best part of the best book in the Codex Alera series.

http://alera.wikia.com/wiki/Nasaug

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

GimpInBlack posted:

Sounds like you want this guy:

Or maybe something like this dude:

Or this guy?

I dunno, I can't find anything that's exactly what you want, but maybe one of these is in the ballpark.

Thanks man, appreciate it. I think that third guy is probably the best I'm going to get. :/

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GimpInBlack posted:

So goddamn many Abyssal Exalted.

Literally or just good candidates? I only am familiar with the basic concept of Exalted, not so much specifics :v:

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

ConfusedUs posted:

This guy owns, and this is an awesome picture of him.

He's the best part of the best book in the Codex Alera series.

http://alera.wikia.com/wiki/Nasaug

Yeah, he was easily my favorite part of those books. The Zerg knockoffs were kind of dull, but Nasaug and the rest of the Canim pretty much owned.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 16, 2014

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Holy poo poo Jesus got scary.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Tollymain posted:

Literally or just good candidates? I only am familiar with the basic concept of Exalted, not so much specifics :v:

Good candidates. Lots of spooky people with SKELETONS.

I have no idea why my phone decided to caps lock that. But I'm leaving it in.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I think I need more pictures of tiny people. Not so much the Borrowers; just tiny people living in a world much larger than them. If there are signs of relatively giant-sized people preferably it'd be like, "long ago there were giants" type stuff. Does that make sense?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Signal posted:

only Half-Gnoll I know of.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Tollymain posted:

I think I need more pictures of tiny people. Not so much the Borrowers; just tiny people living in a world much larger than them. If there are signs of relatively giant-sized people preferably it'd be like, "long ago there were giants" type stuff. Does that make sense?

A few tiny people:

Some tiny things that are clearly too big, but you could probably fudge it:

A frogge:

And a bad seed I just realised I had:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Click for freakin' huge.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Signal posted:

My wife drew a "half-gnoll" creature many many years ago. I'll see if I can find it and post it. No desert robes, though.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
I'm looking for birdmans. If you've got pictures of bird people, I want to see 'em. Especially if they're in a Middle Eastern or deserty setting. Can anybody help me out?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Birds.

Mans.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
More samurai-ey, but bird people:

It's an enemy type from Final Fantasy XI, the Yagudo.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hobo By Design posted:

FF XI, the Yagudo.

Aag, Castle Oztroja.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Aww poo poo. Here I had my next pathfinder character all planned out to be a human barbarian and you post all those kickass tengu monk/ninjas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

At first I thought the female dwarf (dwarfette? dwarfess?) on the left had a baggy flap of skin hanging from her chin like a turkey wattle. I can't unsee it now.