Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Those are all great, and you're all great.
That second one from Ben is loving so good drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Another in that vein.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The internet is chock full of cute dogs, but as it happens, I find myself needing a scary mutt. A huge, sharp-toothed stray beast that you'd hate to meet in the alleys of a big city.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:v:.

I don't have much in the way of normal spooky dogs unfortunately just a bunch of creepy supernatural canine stuff. These are the closest I have to just like A Dog and that's already pushing it haha.

It quickly becomes clearly Not Just A "Dog" after that, but hey sharing anyways because random art dumps have helped me find stuff I needed in the past!

MohawkSatan posted:

Gimme your necromancers goons. Bonus for skull tipped staffs and undead arms

Edit: extra points for happy necromancers. Male or female, doesn't matter.

On the Lich/Undead side of things

Necromancy types

Bonus image because I love the idea of either a Lich who took up Farming or Farmer who took up Necromancy.

e: for more necrofolk.
e2: and more

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 12, 2017

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm trying to find an image from an artist that was posted in this thread at some point. The image depicts some kind of ghost or creature that lives in the sun, having fed upon an astronaut. It's part of sort of a series of "horrors from outer space" images done by the same artist, and was accompanied by some creepy descriptive text. Does anyone recall what I'm talking about?

EDIT: The image had a lot of yellow in it, because the creature apparently lived in cosmic radiation or the sun's corona or something.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 12, 2017

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

I'm trying to find an image from an artist that was posted in this thread at some point. The image depicts some kind of ghost or creature that lives in the sun, having fed upon an astronaut. It's part of sort of a series of "horrors from outer space" images done by the same artist, and was accompanied by some creepy descriptive text. Does anyone recall what I'm talking about?

EDIT: The image had a lot of yellow in it, because the creature apparently lived in cosmic radiation or the sun's corona or something.

Sounds like Keith Thompson.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrSunshine posted:

You may be thinking of this.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

YES!!! Oh my god I was going insane trying to think of it. Thank you!!!

EDIT:

quote:

APOLLONIAN WIGHT

When experiments testing the viability of tapping into the quantum vacuum for energy were performed on the Apollo 21 Lab Station, reports devolved into strange ramblings about how their conclusions were inconceivable to human minds. Before all communication ceased, garbled messages were sent to earth from the astronauts about their experiments revealing to them the "howling face of the sun." A rescue crew was violently repulsed from the station by corpses in the astronaut's space suits. Footage of the incident show ghostly images of tormented figures hanging just behind these corpses, struggling, but seemingly unable to pull themselves apart from their decaying bodies.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 12, 2017

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

paradoxGentleman posted:

The internet is chock full of cute dogs, but as it happens, I find myself needing a scary mutt. A huge, sharp-toothed stray beast that you'd hate to meet in the alleys of a big city.
FEAR INCARNATE

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

YES!!! Oh my god I was going insane trying to think of it. Thank you!!!

EDIT:

"The howling face of the sun" used to be such a wonderfully creepy piece of imagery...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvvsw21PgIk&t=18s

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I found this digging through a link from the cosplay thread. I don't think it's cosplay, just a costume, but it's pretty badass and I figured someone could use it as inspiration.

https://twitter.com/tomokokurokiiii/status/925785789581135872

edit: Found it. it's based off of Slavic mythology. Likho, an embodiment of evil fate and misfortune. Also link warning, Twitter account is mostly cosplay girls and occasionally not work safe, same for the deviant art page of the costumer.

further edit: nws tag killed the twitter link

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 16, 2017

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

I'll see your Rogue and raise you a Fighter:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Someone should run Pugmire, clearly.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

For a second I thought someone had posted a Shadowrun cover in the bad comic art thread. So many questions...

Seriously, the gently caress is up with that dude's legs? Why is his gun nowhere near the line of his forearm? Why are his eyes solid white? What's keeping the thing at the back of his head on?

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DigitalRaven posted:

For a second I thought someone had posted a Shadowrun cover in the bad comic art thread. So many questions...

Seriously, the gently caress is up with that dude's legs? Why is his gun nowhere near the line of his forearm? Why are his eyes solid white? What's keeping the thing at the back of his head on?

Squatting to poo poo in fear before the feral ghouls axe him, shadowrun weapon art is badand the ares alpha has always looked dumb in the art, cybereyes, it's partially implanted into his skull. Anything else?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Why the mustache? Why does he look like every dad?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Why the mustache? Why does he look like every dad?
The secret is that dads look like that because they stopped updating their fashion circa 1989, when putting a dude like that was considered badass enough to put on your game book cover.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hey thread, my party is about to venture into the deserty part of my world map, which is, of course, fantasy Arabia themed. Because no setting is complete without some magic carpets and scimitars. I need your best pics of 1001 Nights style arabian characters, I'm looking for elves in particular if anyone has some, but I'll take anything you've got.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

EDIT: This was posted in the 5e thread:

Lori posted:

I use artwork for every single named NPC in my games (if it's one that popped up on the fly they get one after the session), and I have come to notice a very obnoxious trend: Women are apparently perpetually in their 20s until they hit 80. I had a particularly hard time finding a piece of artwork featuring a woman who looked like she was in her early 50s. It was probably an hour of digging before I found one that was "good enough I guess" and gave up on my search for a one that would satisfy me. Pintrest aside, is there a good resource for an eclectic selection of RPG art? Don't get me wrong, I can dig "cool picture of a dude with swirly magic and a sword", but it's really gotten to a point where I'm pretty sure I've downloaded every half-decent drawing of a peasant that exists, and I constantly need more peasants :smith:.
Since I know you got referred over to this thread...

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 1, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

edit: The Crotch already included some of my favorites, but a few more I found today:

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 1, 2017

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Can I get some fantasy bards playing weird instruments?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Can I get some fantasy bards playing weird instruments?

I couldn't help but think of an image I saw earlier today while googling "bad medieval art" to show a student how art changed in the Renaissance (though this piece is a lot better than the kind of stuff I was actually looking for). Is "two recorders at the same time" weird enough?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MohawkSatan posted:

Squatting to poo poo in fear before the feral ghouls axe him, shadowrun weapon art is badand the ares alpha has always looked dumb in the art, cybereyes, it's partially implanted into his skull. Anything else?

That gun is actually based off reference to the Street Samurai's gun in the Shadowrun promo video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPGQoR6f6w

Also of interest re: Street Samurai Catalog, the pump-action Tec-9 the hacker woman uses is the reference source for the Sandler TMP featured in the book.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hey thread, my party is about to venture into the deserty part of my world map, which is, of course, fantasy Arabia themed. Because no setting is complete without some magic carpets and scimitars. I need your best pics of 1001 Nights style arabian characters, I'm looking for elves in particular if anyone has some, but I'll take anything you've got.

I have some stuff, I'll dump it here later!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Anyone got any unstable looking elves? They're always demur and graceful in most art I can find and I need something that can serve for a half-mad, sleep-deprived elven pit fighter.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You might have some luck looking for some Dragon Age elf fan-art. Those elves have a lot less to be serene and placid about than most settings.

Seeing so many passive, stony faces on elves makes me wonder if it's a kind of unwritten rule that elves don't have facial expressions like humans. Or maybe they don't feel emotions like we do, so their faces don't read like anything real.

That said, here's the best I could find that made me think some combination of elf and unstable or gladiator:

It's amazing how much easier it is to find drow/dark elves/dunmer with actual expressions than any other kind of elf.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 2, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Okay, this might be a little too specific, but I'm looking for a sneaky rogue/thief type person with fishy/amphibious features, but still look a little human-like.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tardzilla posted:

Okay, this might be a little too specific, but I'm looking for a sneaky rogue/thief type person with fishy/amphibious features, but still look a little human-like.

Abe from Hellboy

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tardzilla posted:

This is all I've got sitting around that fits the more Innsmouth citizen style of fishy that could be used generically for anything really.

Kuo-Toa and Sahuagin are the Fishpeople for fantasy stuff, but more often than not they're going to lean more heavily on the monstrous side of things.

I don't have a lot of stuff that fits really well unfortunately.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Infinity Gaia posted:

Here's some stuff I hope can get you started --

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Most of the ones I was going to post have been so already, but I've got a few more for you.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
I'm looking for a flaming phoenix harpy, but everything I've managed to find has been awful. Anybody have anything good?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's a tough combo. Most of what I've found is cheesecakey as gently caress.

Be careful enlarging these at work. They're not quite NSFW but they're pushing it in some respects.

I've seen plenty of color-neutral harpy artwork if you don't mind a lack of fire and flame and obvious phoenix elements.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Does anyone have any good Incan, Mayan, or Aztec character art?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean...

Are you playing a lizardman?

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Soylent Pudding posted:

Does anyone have any good Incan, Mayan, or Aztec character art?

Some of these aren't exaaaactly what you might be thinking of, but figured I'd toss them in anyway.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So uh, kind of on topic, does anyone here speak Portuguese? There's an artist I want to commission to draw something for my D&D game, but I've gotten no reply to the email I sent in english, and I'm wondering if it's because he doesn't speak the language too well.

Here's his site and here are a few examples of his work some people could use in their games.

Sorry about the watermarks on some of those. Anyway yeah, if you speak Portuguese and want to help me contact this guy, shoot me a PM. Odds are he's out of my price range, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Squidtentacle posted:

Some of these aren't exaaaactly what you might be thinking of, but figured I'd toss them in anyway.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Much obliged to everyone who gave me some sweet arabian art!