Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

So, I got another request for you fine folks, assuming it's not been done to death:

Lady Swashbucklers.

They can be the classic fencer type, or not. In fact, it would be interesting to see any that fit the profile outside the usual cultural archetype, though that's far from required. Specifically, I'm looking for those that convey a specific confident/arrogant attitude, sense of danger, and/or flamboyant appearance, and would fit within a high or low fantasy setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Something like this?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Mazed posted:

So, I got another request for you fine folks, assuming it's not been done to death:

Lady Swashbucklers.

They can be the classic fencer type, or not. In fact, it would be interesting to see any that fit the profile outside the usual cultural archetype, though that's far from required. Specifically, I'm looking for those that convey a specific confident/arrogant attitude, sense of danger, and/or flamboyant appearance, and would fit within a high or low fantasy setting.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Turns out I have a lot of things with varying degrees of arrogance, flamboyance, and swash.

There's also the Pathfinder Official™ Swashbuckler:

Which, you know, say what you will about WAR's style, but I think it actually works for her better than it does for most PF characters.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Have a few more swashbucklin' ladies.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

These are all fantastic. Thanks, folks!

This, in particular, is great. Exactly the sort of thing I had in mind when it came to alternate cultural looks that still convey the same feeling.

The Crotch posted:

Which, you know, say what you will about WAR's style, but I think it actually works for her better than it does for most PF characters.

I love the color palette here.

Reynolds is a very idiosyncratic artist, but some things he always seems to nail perfectly are costume detail, silhouette, and sense of weight and movement. Since it's where I first really began to notice it, I acquaint his style with the Eberron D&D setting, what with the high-impact action and a certain degree of camp, much like Tony DiTerlizzi is the Planescape guy, with that quirky Henson/Froud storybook style.

I remember back in the day, picking up the book this was the cover art for, based only on liking it. Sadly, it was as trashy as it gets, managing to nail every terrible romance-fantasy cliche in the worst way possible, and the character depicted wasn't remotely as cool as she looks here.

But, Luis Royo remains a good artist and designs some nice outfits, at least those times when he actually put clothes on his characters. :v:

Mazed fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 4, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have a pretty broad request:

I'm looking for character art that wouldn't look out-of-place in World War 1-era Europe. Really, just anything. I have a handful of portraits that will work, but I really just want to build up a library for NPC pictures or to give my players things to look through for inspiration. It doesn't have to be 100% period-appropriate, and this is an alt-history world where magic is real, so I'm not looking for anything too specific. I'll be extra excited for female portraits, though--I have a good handful of male portraits that'll work but very few female ones.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mazed posted:

I remember back in the day, picking up the book this was the cover art for, based only on liking it. Sadly, it was as trashy as it gets, managing to nail every terrible romance-fantasy cliche in the worst way possible, and the character depicted wasn't remotely as cool as she looks here.

But, Luis Royo remains a good artist and designs some nice outfits, at least those times when he actually put clothes on his characters. :v:

I'm still trying to figure out why she's wearing plastic wrap.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Mazed posted:

I didn't know it was a book cover art. I just looked for a decent pic to use for a D&D character :v:

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Mazed posted:

Lady Swashbucklers.

The second one Kai Tave posted is one of my faves, but here's a few more.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Wol posted:

The second one Kai Tave posted is one of my faves, but here's a few more.

It's the smug grin that really seals the deal.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
If anyone has some good picks for the either of the following it'd be awesome.

I need Hobgoblins that don't look slightly savage or have sharp edges everywhere on their armor and weapons. I've got a country in my campaign that is in control of Hobgoblins who are in most ways on par with every other civilization.

I also need something like a Doppleganger, but I'm looking more for an entirely smooth and featureless humanoid. The more unsettling the better!

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
A bit late to the swashbuckling party but:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Clipperton posted:

A bit late to the swashbuckling party but:

This is amazing. I want to play this PC now.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

This is amazing. I want to play this PC now.

You can! That's Agnes from the "Cardinal's Blades" novels by Pierre Pevel (think Three Musketeers + dragons) and there's an RPG of it :)

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Why yes, Drunken Master Fencer is a fantastic PC idea.

And this is also amazing but in precisely the opposite way as the first-quoted.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

this popped up on a google search for 'lady landsneckt'

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Harrow posted:

I have a pretty broad request:

I'm looking for character art that wouldn't look out-of-place in World War 1-era Europe. Really, just anything. I have a handful of portraits that will work, but I really just want to build up a library for NPC pictures or to give my players things to look through for inspiration. It doesn't have to be 100% period-appropriate, and this is an alt-history world where magic is real, so I'm not looking for anything too specific. I'll be extra excited for female portraits, though--I have a good handful of male portraits that'll work but very few female ones.

Not sure if you're looking for civilians or (possibly super) soldiers, but I don't think I have any of the former so here's some of the latter.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I'm looking for spear-women. Hopefully of a non-human or elf race, but I'm desperate enough that I'll take either of those as well.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wol posted:

Not sure if you're looking for civilians or (possibly super) soldiers, but I don't think I have any of the former so here's some of the latter.

These are all fantastic, thank you! I was looking for either civilians or soldiers so anything helps.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

djw175 posted:

I'm looking for spear-women. Hopefully of a non-human or elf race, but I'm desperate enough that I'll take either of those as well.

And of course...

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Here are some more swashbucklery ladies:

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 7, 2016

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

edit: nvm, I'm dumb

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 7, 2016

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
And some spear / polearm ladies:

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

djw175 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5csUisadT_o

Well...I have lots of different kinds of humans...

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Speaking of spears, I'm looking for male dark elves with spears.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bit of a strange one, but I'm looking for sci-fi style officers/commanders. So basically in military gear but not decked out like a frontline soldier in complete combat gear. Anyone have something like that?

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Flipswitch posted:

Bit of a strange one, but I'm looking for sci-fi style officers/commanders. So basically in military gear but not decked out like a frontline soldier in complete combat gear. Anyone have something like that?

Depending on the aesthetic you're looking for, I have a bunch more pics in here that you may be able to justify as military officers. https://www.pinterest.com/mauxdemer/characters-future/

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, poo poo, I somehow forgot my absolute favourite nonhuman spearlady.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
A while back I requested pictures of people with beetle companions. One of my friends liked the idea and ended up sketching my character for me but I forgot to post it here:

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Does anyone have some pictures of grizzled space mercenaries?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Wol has posted a picture of Space General Sherman. This is something I never knew I needed.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wol posted:

Depending on the aesthetic you're looking for, I have a bunch more pics in here that you may be able to justify as military officers. https://www.pinterest.com/mauxdemer/characters-future/
This is great, thanks mate!

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Whatever Steampunk Sherman's burn agenda is, I support it.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Major Malfunction's got a face now, thanks!

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Absolutely love this. So much that I had to find the artist.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Flipswitch posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Flipswitch posted:

Betcha you'll find a lot of Mass Effect art that matches this.