Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Not actually a Bad Seed (probably), but I found it in my drives while looking for some:
(click to embiggen)

Unrelated pictures:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mimir posted:

Post more beholders.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Click for freakin' huge.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hobo By Design posted:

FF XI, the Yagudo.

Aag, Castle Oztroja.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Radioactive Bears posted:

I could use some giant robots. Especially some particularly hard science fiction ones, as opposed to super robots and stuff. Space-y looking ones in particular are a plus!

They might be a little less hard scifi than you're interested in, but it gives me a good excuse to post some of Syd Mead's designs for ∀ Gundam anyway.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ravendas posted:

Old Dragonlance had draconians, which were a corrupt humanoid race brought forth from good dragon's eggs. There's 5 or 6 varieties, one for each metallic dragon.

Here's some of them by old AD&D standard Keith Parkinson.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

fleshy echidna posted:

Also because snow crash is loving awesome.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Almostpanda posted:

Flying islands! Because gravity is lame and can get right out.

High-school me loooved this picture of a flying citadel from Dragonlance.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She's not very ninja-like I guess, but I'll take that request as an excuse to post Lady Snowblood.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

Okay, I'm making an Exalted character of... some sort, using a grand goremaul (also known as a huge gently caress off hammer). And googling art for women warriors and the like is making me depressed. So I'm looking for some kind of woman in rational armor who isn't skin and bones, if anyone can help. What kind of weapon they are wielding doesn't matter, it doesn't have to be a hammer.

How about Violet from the (amazing) comic Rat Queens?

Bonus team lineup and quest assignments:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lotish posted:

I want to know more about Bluebirdbeard.

That's Orc Dave, he's a shaman.

Next Issue:
Shut the gently caress up Gary!
+5 against dudes named Gary.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 10, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

atomicgeek posted:

Don't ever google the mari llwyd then. :gonk:

Hahaha, that owns. Good job Wales.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

MohawkSatan posted:

Hey goons. Gimme your angry, spear wielding Valkyries. Or just angry winged murderladies in general.

Thumbnailed because of Valkyrie boobs

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't usually care one way or the other about Halflings but Betty kind of rules.

Speaking of Rat Queens: new D&D artwork has been inspired by Violet too:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Something Else posted:

Any badass executioners, with the black hood and some sort of chopping weapon? Evil, good, it doesn't matter, WHAT IS MORALITY ANYWAY

Here's a couple pics of Severian from The Book of the New Sun

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

djw175 posted:

Does anyone have other images of absolutely massive creatures like this? I think I might do something with them in a game.

Jahbulon as depicted in From Hell

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

For no particular reason I got to thinking about Elric, the original white-haired, angst-ridden, prettyboy of fantasy, so here's an Elric of Melnibone image dump:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Veyrall posted:

The Elric books are really awesome and I want to get my hands on physical copies at some point.

I just need to stop accidentally calling him Eric. Of Melonbone.

I have it collected into two hardcovers, no idea where the dustjackets have wandered off to though.

At least I think it was those two, been a while since they were around.

one more:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lichtenstein posted:

I am in dire need of cool space pirates, both themselves and their ramshackle vessels. Bonus points for non-humans.

Anime has ya covered!

:pirate:

Ok, that's probably not what you wanted exactly.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

MohawkSatan posted:

Anime is never the answer :frogout:
It might be. :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That hobbit is totally stoked to be poking that poor ork with a stick.
:buddy:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Next month's cover for Rat Queens lookin good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh that's even cooler, I just recognized it as a neat take off on the old ad&d players manual.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Expanding the horizons of gryphondom

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Anyone got any extremely cool maps?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What happens when a party member is eaten by a dragon and you don't have time to go back to town, and in any case are too poor to buy provisions before heading into the dungeon after it?

You get Dungeon Meshi

Not everyone is quite as enthusiastic about this idea.

Shocking revelations!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

Dungeon Meshi is a treasure and a delight. Please read it.

Also PS gently caress you Lemon I was going to get a Marcille avatar you heartless monster

She's the best, but i don't think Lemon Curdistan posted in this thread, not recently anyway. :cheeky:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Redeye Flight posted:

I need art of greys, but not as just like members of the species--more like individuals. This has been a huge pain in the rear end to find.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh...that's mostly the cast of the cartoon, but who the hell is the knight in the front?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

At a guess it's someone they made up for the cover art. Possibly they appeared in like one episode or something? Likely they didn't want to include the barbarian character and instead brought along a knight to 'joust' on the trike.

Ah! It's Strongheart the Paladin, from the D&D toy line released around the same time as the cartoon, he even had a guest appearance.

And a character sheet:

Thanks google. Thoogle.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

His nemesis(?) Warduke had a much more impressive STR score.

Warduke even survived into the modern gaming era showing up in Dragon in 2003, maybe even later for all I know. Strongheart looks to have vanished though.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/brief-history-warduke

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/WeAreTheMutants/status/793448138480586752?s=09

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

Does the beer bottle really have horse legs?

Just two. Beer steeds are quite mysterious biologically.

Now that I've finally had the chance to follow the link, it's even better.

quote:

This 1976 promotional poster for Rainer beer, entitled “Barbeerian [sic] conquers Sasquatch” and showing a muscular warrior serving the mythical creature the beverage, demonstrates that high fantasy and cryptozoological tropes had penetrated the popular culture of the second half of the 20th century to such an extent that they could be reliably mined for mainstream parody. Clearly tipping its hat to famed genre artist Frank Frazetta, the illustration was by William Stout, himself a respected artist and designer best known for his paleoart and his concept and production design work on films like Ralph Bakshi’s Wizards (1977), Conan the Barbarian (1982), and The Return of the Living Dead (1985). The caption beneath the illustration reads: “Proving once again that Mountain Fresh hath charms to sooth the savage thirst.” Seattle’s Rainier Brewing Company, active from 1878 to 1999, was famed locally for its inventive, tongue-in-cheek television advertisements, which often exploited contemporary crazes such as video games and Star Wars. The peak in the background is, naturally, Mount Rainier, which gave the brewery its name, and which, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, “is one of [America’s] most dangerous volcanoes.”

Barbeerian. :xd:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

These are from League of Legends, which isn't something i care (or know anything) about.

But man, these portraits are cool as heck.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm the owl.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Elf yourself.

https://twitter.com/adorukuf/status/800333776500858881

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power.

quote:

As the title suggests, the story is about a high school boy transported to an RPG-like fantasy world with his mother, who proves to be a highly useful companion especially in combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zereth posted:

Is that a bag full of groceries and two elemental swords?

Yes. Yes it is.