Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

fool_of_sound posted:

Only sort of what you asked for, but some that I've used in previous games:

Is this one supposed to evoke a specific deity or legend? (I'm not really up on my Hindu myth.) I really like it, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
The bottom dinosaur thing is one of the Clockwork Beast arts from Magic, but I'd imagine that yellow glowing thing in the chest (and echoed in the eyes) counts as an engine.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

CaPensiPraxis posted:

Choats, if you will.

I won't, actually.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

That looks like early Shin Megami Tensei art. Is it?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm looking for Western-styled art, especially fantasy-Western stuff (if you've played Wild ARMs, particularly 3, that sort of thing). Women preferred but I need a mix. Guns also a plus. Cheesecake is not an immediate no-go but I'd like if better if there was a mix.

If anyone can help: thanks!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Huszsersvn posted:

Should I continue searching?

Nope, that's fantastic! Sorry for not going through the whole thread first, I should have realized that's not a too-uncommon request but I hadn't seen it the few times I'd checked in before. :shobon:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Veyrall posted:

And each one with over a GIGABYTE of hard drive space and capable of 56K speed internet!

Seriously, I kinda miss the half-sharp, half-smooth black plastic geometries of old electronics. There was a real struggle between "looking cool" and being as cheap as possible for asian sweatshops, until Apple turned everything round and white forever.

The bottom one reminds me of a Sega Genesis.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
It's me again.

I would like pictures of female spellcasters. Challenge mode: They need to have a rod or wand. (Staffs are OK but not quite as good.)

In exchange when I get a chance I'll organize up some of my art and post in the next couple days, since I've been asking for a lot of favours without providing much content. Maybe a knights image dump or something.

Prism fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 1, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Successful Businessmanga posted:

Didn't specify a flavor so you're getting a bit of everything :v:.

ALL FLAVOURS.

Thanks! This is great.

This one has a wonderful expression, and though I might not use it now I'm going to find a use for it later.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cuchulain posted:

These are amazing.

That first one is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Sometimes a guy just needs to barf colours, you know?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

my cat is norris posted:

That's a chapter of the Old Testament I don't remember...

The apocrypha got weird sometimes.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lurdiak posted:

I have questions about how he's playing that thing.

Don't tell me you've never heard of a nostrilhorn.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ProfessorProf posted:

Here's a weirdly specific request, for anyone who has an archive of cool robot pictures:

This is the face I'm using for a robot NPC.
This is the face I'm using for his cool robot dad.

I'm looking for something I can use for his even cooler robot grandma. "Looks like a human old lady would" isn't a requirement, since they're machine lifeforms, just something that could believably be the same species/family as the other two.

It might work for a headshot even if you're not looking for a sword robot.

I might have some more in my warforged folder, but I don't have them uploaded and I don't know how many fit the bill. I'll check this afternoon.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm looking for female dark elves.

But not, you know, the usual kind. Specifically I'm hoping to get modern or even futuristic-looking ones; ones wearing street clothes or spacesuits or carrying guns, that kind of thing, rather than leather-and-knife fantasy dark elves. Ones that would fit into d20 Modern or Starfinder.

I know it's a weird request and I don't expect many hits, but if you have some kicking around, let me know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
What they didn't have were permanent dyes in some colours.

Some specific dyes, such as royal or Tyrian purple (made from murex, a kind of sea snail) and crimson (made from kermes insect eggs - they laid them on oak - or slightly later carminic acid, usually retrieved from a different bug native to America, blanking on its name but Spain made a lot of money off carmine) were extremely expensive, because they are made from something difficult to harvest, did not fade and had brilliant colouring. Others, like true indigo, just didn't grow in Europe; they used woad for that shade instead, which comes out the same colour but is less consistent and fades/washes out faster.

So yeah, you wouldn't see those specific hues, but they are very specific: reds and to a lesser extent purples were available, just not that red or purple unless you were rich. But dye in general? Everywhere. People like colours, as it turns out.

As for the mud... eh. There was definitely more of it in towns and cities (and horse poo poo anywhere there were horses) but it wouldn't be slathered over everything, no.