Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lotish posted:

I love this guy. Where'd you get him?

He's one of the characters in this: http://guildedage.net/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Amperor posted:

Were these all created as part of some kind of "draw a young woman warrior fending off a beholder's eye ray" contest? I really dig the mix of styles on display here.

They were! Wizards had a whole bunch of different artists draw the same piece in their own style: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/behold

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tollymain posted:

I have no idea what this picture is about but it looks like it owns:

That kins of looks like someone drew a Guardians of the Galaxy knockoff (or a weird GotG piece where Groot wears a Luchador mask and Drax is the Pope).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Something I just saw on my G+:

Source: http://regourso.tumblr.com/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Got a source on this one?

e; vv thanks! Neat that it's for the Green Ronin ASoIaF RPG.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 28, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Freaky-rear end hand. They're mind controlling parasites that take over people's bodies.

Also, they can fly and shoot fire, because why the hell not.

(Although they're supposed to be purple, and IIRC they attach to the base of the neck, not the chest.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Crotch posted:

Tiger-Headed Opium Nightmare not Indian enough?

Yeah, it's supposed to be D&D rakshasa India (which are nothing like actual Indian folklore rakshasa).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

lol @ "very occasional"

This. Wireless is bad for several reasons:
- interference (which only gets worse as more and more wireless devices exist in close proximity to each other).
- security (anyone in range can intercept your wireless traffic and decrypt/capture/redirect it relatively easily).
- bandwidth (with few exceptions, the bandwidth of the average wireless connection is still vastly inferior to that of the average wired connection).

If you're actually connecting to something important, you have no reason not to be doing it hardwired: a wired connection can't be intercepted short of physically tapping into the wire, won't suffer from interference, and will have dramatically faster throughput than a wireless connection.

e; vv

Captain Foo posted:

not to derail too badly, but current wireless security standards are pretty good

I'm hypothesising cyberpunk hackers/counterhackers here (security experts with futuro-software), but it's still trivially easy to snoop on wireless traffic these days even if you're not going to have an easy time decrypting WPAv2.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 22, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That's a really pretty map.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does anyone have tough-looking female soldiers in sensible modern/near-future fatigues/body armour? Trying to find anything on GIS leads to about 90% boobplates/cheesecake and about 10% good designs where the woman looks like a top model instead of someone whose face could be used to break down a door.

e; vv the Halo ones are good, thanks! The NS2 one kind of has the issue I mentioned with the women looking like models instead of people who've been through hell.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 25, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PublicOpinion posted:

I'm not seeing good art for them in a quick search but the black knight weapons and the dragonslayer greatbow from Dark Souls are all huge for the purposes of killing huge things.

To give people an idea of the size of the greatbow:

It's also worth noting that most of the people in Dark Souls 1 are actually giants or descended from giants, and so are much bigger than the player. Their equipment magically shrinks down to human size when you equip it, but otherwise this is what a dragonslayer greatbow actually looks like at its original size:

That's Gough. He's a giant, and a knight, and has a greatbow. Check out how big he is relative to the player's normal, human-sized character.

The bow is poking out from behind him, slightly.

That's the bow being drawn by Gough.

e; this gives a good sense of the scale in motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpsi2aGKXPw

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 13, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tasoth posted:

Not blind, his helmet's eye slits are covered in resin. From DS2, giants appear to be some kind of weird amalgamation of earth, tree and something.

DS2 giants and DS1 giants are completely different. DS1 giants are just big people (look at the Anor Londo knights). DS2 giants are the weird rock-tree things.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Vorpal Cat posted:

But that's not always an option for your average adventuring party

It should be. "We're going ogre hunting, break out the pikes" should be a thing in more systems.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lord Frisk posted:

You should try posting pictures instead of making GBS threads on contributions. The other leg is behind voluminous robes. gently caress yourself.

Maybe you should stop getting upset at people criticising bad art?

You know, just a suggestion.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fuego Fish posted:

Guess the source and win a prize!

That's clearly a Napoleonic-French-knockoff-of-Zorro hero of the Cyran people, fighting for New Cyre (who just secretly happens to be a warforged)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Go read Rat Queens right now.

This. I don't think there's an issue of Rat Queens where there isn't a drunk/high character at one point.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Do you have a source on this one? Because it owns so hard.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Super Waffle posted:

Pretty sure they're the descendants of 3.5e dragonborns, which were paladins of Bahamut blessed with dragon parts. I think it was a Prestige Class

4E dragonborn are a race created by the dragons in ancient times and explicitly have nothing to do with what dragonborn were in 3.5.

Also, like all other draconic creatures in 4E, they're not actually reptiles, they're mammals who happen to look reptilian.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mazed posted:

Is this actually from the new PHB? :swoon:

Not only a dwarf dame in the spotlight, but I remember reading an old battered paperbook copy of the book that passage is from back in middle school (gently caress off, Drizzt & co. were the poo poo back then)

It's from the starter set, in which the art is generally pretty great and inclusive. Unfortunately for that particular piece, the text next to it says dwarves mostly have deeply-tanned or light brown skin, and the art is of a white lady. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

So, I'm not sure if this is the thread for it, but i'm looking to commission some art for my elf game characters (and some friend's)

Artists people I know have worked with before:

Clove: http://cloveochai.tumblr.com/contact
thedicegoddess: http://thedicegoddess.tumblr.com/commissions
Scobble: http://obfuscobble.tumblr.com/post/12911655250 (he's usually mega busy and unavailable though)