Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
I'm looking for underground cities that would be nice places to live. You know, has enough food, decent lighting, friendly Abyss Gods, good schools in the area. Preferably modern-style or retro-futuristic but that's not super necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

I am loving these Názgul. It's like they tore themselves from some hellish Bosch painting.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Young Freud posted:

I need some inspiration, thread. I need some severe-looking young women. Preferably photos, but will take anything. Androgynous will do, as will scars or facial tats, but specifically looking for sadists, blondes, and/or Nazis.

Dunno how sexualized you want things but here's a few:

-Irma Grese, the "Blonde Angel of Auschwitz"
-Bertha, from the manga Witch Vasenka's War

-Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS!

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Can we get some unconventional golems or elementals in here? So outside the tried-and-true stone/iron/water/fire/etc. ones. And Bas-Lag stuff in general because Iron Council is a big inspiration behind this.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Majuju posted:

We had this one a while back and then there was that loving kelpie comic

also just in time for the holiday season FRUITCAKE ELEMENTAL

Thanks! That Bismuth golem is awesome.

FRUITCAKE ELEMENTAL is probably revenge from that one wizard no one likes but somehow ends up on the Secret Santa list every year. His mom probably organizes the name selection.

Mimir posted:

Alright, so you guys run into a Treant, a Tree Golem, a Plant Elemental, a Dryad, an aberration that looks just like a tree except the branches are tentacles, this cool Wood Demon from an obscure planescape supplement, and a tree.

I attempt to shy away from what's clearly an awkward family reunion while trying to avoid making insensitive remarks. I am a Paladin. It does not work.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Very Jojo, this one:

Speaking of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, some of its designs work pretty well as RPG art:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Lichtenstein posted:

I am in dire need of cool space pirates, both themselves and their ramshackle vessels. Bonus points for non-humans.

Have some Treasure Planet concepts!

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Oraculum Animi posted:

Fantasy android wizards, please. Less robotic and more stealth-human. Gonna play one for a friend's pathfinder campaign and I want some ideas for my own dude. Thanks in advance.

Doesn't a stealth-human wizard look like any other wizard :downs:?

Anyway there's a lot of places you could go with this! Do you want a high-fantasy cyborg, someone who seems emotionally off, maybe covered up in robes like the Invisible Man? Would your friends be okay with something goofy like "Gandalf, but secretly an android"?

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 10, 2014

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
If y'all have any ethereal or partly gas/ash/smoke characters they would be appreciated. Nothing too explicitly "ghostly" though, they shouldn't be undead. I need NPCs to flesh out a city that's constantly dissolving into bits and reforming.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Thanks a ton! These are perfect.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Just remembered that Saint Maurice and Thomas-Alexandre Dumas exist, was overcome with sheer badass. Have some pictures:

And while I'm on a classic art kick, have some Hieronymous Bosch monsters too:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Europe was ruled by black people but this truth has been suppressed today? The author's argument is that all these different depictions of St. Maurice are misattributed and are actually the black rulers of the Holy Roman Empire. White people are actually albinos from Central Asia who took Europe from the black skinned Europeans and rewrote history.

There is an argument to be made that there were more people of African or Middle Eastern descent running around Europe in the Middle Ages but the author's claims are pretty crazy.

Yeah, the author quotes a pretty defensible argument about why Saint Maurice is probably a myth (the David Woods bit) but that's clearly not their original work. They also claim that Ulrich von Hutten was black without anything more than "deep research", which I haven't seen proposed anywhere else. Honestly, the fact that it's written like a threatening chain e-mail is a big give-away.

For all its conspiracy-theory abrasiveness, the website does sometimes cite interesting/reputable texts. And hey, the pictures are usable regardless. There's a nice gallery of the Hawaiian royal family, some early 1900s Korean photographs, a ton of references for Midwestern Native Americans, etc. It's like a museum where the curator won't stop talking about 9/11 being an inside job.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Inverse Icarus posted:

So where did Jerry Seinfelf come from?

It's classified :ssh:

Pathfinder: Ultimate Campaign

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
- Raja, from Suikoden V

Maeda Matsu; image is from the awesome Leppakoluola collection.
Ching Shih, Pirate empress extraordinaire
- from bornbymidnight on tumblr
p. sure Carrie Nation counts as a paladin
Not quite a fighter but similar in spirit?

Post deadly old women every day.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
I need some honest hammer-swinging, bellows blowing, metal shaping blacksmiths in here. Bonus points if they're not dudes.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 13, 2014

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Found some awesome illustrations of Norse myths here. Caution: there are horned helmets.

-this is Loki as a god of flames, I think
- a :smug: Snorri Sturluson

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Coward posted:

Dear Hot Modrons thread, I am having trouble finding a really good picture that isn't a still from a film (or an obvious copy of a still from a film). I'd just like someone carrying or firing two pistols. So, please give me your most awesome Hard Boiled folks posing or leaping sideways while dispensing vengeance. Man, woman, wild-eyed or serene, any creed or colour, any time period!

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Mr Tastee posted:

I need a character that looks like a literal murderhobo.
From The Fisher King movie. More of a hobo knight than a murderhobo though.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Have a rockin' skeleton bard and a grumpy berserker who just wants to read in peace.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Peas and Rice posted:

Thanks for the Drow ya'all. I was pretty surprised to find how... male gaze-y 99% of the Lady Drow artwork out there is.

You have a very clean soul then. Hats off to you, Peas and Rice.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Mechanics you say?

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Looking for a hardboiled female detective/investigator type. Cliché trenchcoats and magnums are welcome.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Azran posted:

Indeed, it's basically Medieval Dead Space.

Outside of the energy sword it looks really Dark Souls-y too.

Ghostpilot posted:

Tricky, but kinda fun. Some don't quite fit the mold, but sometimes you've gotta take what you can get. The first one that came to mind was V.I. Warshawski.

Edit: Funny that Veronica Mars, Nancy Drew and some others didn't show up in a search for "female detectives." :shrug:

Thanks! These are perfect.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
SAM BOSMA APPRECIATION POST

Environments!

Characters!

And More!

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Mechayahiko posted:

I'm running a Post Apocalyptic Super Hero game and I need some Lucha Libre . Thanks!

Here's some:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I don't know if anyone even wants this but I had an idea for an image site just for RPG images with tags as a resource for DMing and finding portraits. I finally set one up after discovering software that does pretty much exactly that. You can put in for example: "fantasy cleric mace male" and that should, once all the images are tagged, show every male cleric looking dude with a mace.

The content is just the folder of stuff I have saved from the past 3 incarnations of this thread (I'm not fully caught up on this one though). Might be a few duplicates.

Is this something people like and might use? I could use help tagging things if so. If you want to upload pics or edit tags you can make an account. Also let me know how well it works, or doesn't work if there is a problem.

http://ragea.net/rpgimg

That looks great! I'll be tagging as much as I can.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Looking for art of a non-monstrous elephant warrior, so something like this:

but preferably more clothed/armored.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I need some artwork for Imperial Guard guys that aren't ultra-Caucasian, please. Does this actually exist?

There's some, at least!

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

-by Robb Mommaertz

-by Alex Konstad

-by L'Encre Blanche

-by disse86

-by Raven Wu

-by Michal Matchak

-by Sylvain Sarrailh

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Kind of a specific request, but I want art of a modern ranger-type character. Like these but with something more high-tech than a bow:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Here, have some monsters with style:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Jade Mage posted:

Anybody got some seemingly normal people (gender doesn't matter) with devil/fire/hell themed powers?

I have probably stretched the definition of "normal", but eh.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Can I get some fantasy-setting vehicles? Not looking steam powered is a plus.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Gamerofthegame posted:

Narrow it down some? Outside of "Try Spelljammer!" I got nothin', but fantasy vehicles includes poo poo like hella rad wagons to airships.

I'm looking for ground vehicles: wagons, cars, tanks, moving towers. But weirder things and airships that skirt the line around "hovercraft" should be fine.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

-Fish- posted:

Anybody have any female jungle warrior type pictures? Mesoamerican or Pacific Island inspirations especially. Been trying to find stuff on my own but it's difficult to find stuff that isn't just "authentic naked indigenous folks", "plain every day indigenous clothing", or "cheesecake male gaze art".

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Variations on Samus are always fun:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Wanna play a Chaotic Superhero.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
I need pictures of heavy-duty archers. Think Greatbows from Dark Souls, if you're familiar with the series. Less "stealthy ranger" and more "hulking arm-powered artillery".

marshmallow creep posted:

Is... is that Sun Wukong with a minigun?

He's even got a leopard-print vest :golfclap:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Ominous Jazz posted:

I'm playing in a modern game. Where's a good place to find modern day people?

Your local Starbucks and/or Dunkin' Donuts.

http://rpgimg.dootstuff.com/index.php?q=/post/list/modern/1