Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Does anyone else get the feeling that this was drawn over a photo of a real person? Or maybe they just used the classic "goon smoking a pipe" as inspiration?

Edit: googling various word combinations to try to find the picture, I tried "nerd with pipe" and :nws:this:nws: showed up as one of the first images. Fortunately it looks photoshopped, because I hope that no one would be that stupid*.

* And yet I am well aware that they are.

Edit2: well ok apparently it's not as similar as I thought:

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

That chicken is all "whadda fuckin rear end in a top hat."

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

"gently caress drawing feet," aka the Rob Liefeld style of art.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I want some badass-looking archers. Some people who actually look strong enough to draw a bow, instead of waifish dudes who would never be able to use the ridiculously-humongous bows they're carrying. In return, have a real-life eagle that looks kinda like an owlbear:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I don't mean mega-ripped archers, just ones who aren't stick-thin. Normal looking archers that look cool are good too.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

fatherdog posted:

3.5 Dragonborn were transformative (which makes them being called Dragonborn superdumb) but 3.5 Dragonborn didn't even show up till 2006 so 90% of Dragonborn art is 4e-related. And all of them have tits. Annoyingly.

3.5 Dragonborn were called such because they were literally reborn from inside a giant dragon egg. They were basically Dragon-People-Butterflies.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I figured the button broke, either from the non-existent whooping she took or from the (stretching) force from slumping down into her seat. Same reason her shirt buttons are straining.

Or maybe I'm giving the skeevy artist too much credit and he just wanted to flash a lil panty :wink:

Actually the thing that bothers me the most is the glasses: no one takes the time and the trouble to put on boxing gloves and keeps on their drat glasses. "Why yes, by all means punch me in the face and spray glass shards into my eyes!"

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
No kitchen. Definitely a goon lair.

Fake edit: also an open-top shower probably isn't a great idea when you've got a ton of electronics all of like five feet away.

Edit2: oh my god I just noticed the katana at the top. And it's stowed blade-down.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 2, 2014

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Yeah I just noticed the lighter-colored strip next to the toilet that I assume indicates a doorway. Welp.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
The little boy in that sketch is totally rocking a smug atheist grin.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Dude has a door knocker implanted in his chest.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

Any given panel from Mazinger USA will be your huckleberry.

Might want to mention there's some :nws: 80s anime titties in there.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Aren't 4E Dragonborn explicitly stated to be warm-blooded mammals in their race book, basically making them humanoid pangolins? I know for a fact they're stated as being warm-blooded, but I may be misremembering the mammal part.

Edit: not from the racial book, from here.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 11, 2014

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

Apocalypse World Operator

I am feeling very menaced by that empty gun.
:goonsay:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I suppose I may just be dense, but how does the trans thing fit in here? When I first read it, it seemed like the parents tried to raise their born-female daughter as a son, but then Shardra started puberty and the parents were kinda bummed that they could no longer raise their daughter as a son. Or was the idea that Shardra was born male and "budding femininity" refers to a less literal 'budding' secondary sex characteristics and more of coming to terms with her female identity kinda thing?

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 14, 2014

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Wittgen posted:

I'm surprised she didn't just put on a belt.

From their official site and everything!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Have fun getting (angry) spiders all over your stabbing implement and probably your hand.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Yo kidz, check out the Supersoaker™ Cyber-X 5000!!!!!!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

The text at the bottom of this image led me to this page and it is, uh, I don't even know.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Having extra matches in his hair/hat is a nice touch.

Fake edit: wait, he's using flintlocks, though, not matchlocks. What the hell? :psyduck:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I did not know that. And yes, I was referring to the fuses in his hair. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_match

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Prepare yourself for a ton of fat girls covered in ugly tattoos, though.

Fake edit: well actually that's more "burlesque" (lol) but I'm sure there is plenty of crossover.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
It doesn't make any sense with regards to non-Force users, such as General Grievous. Unless you're going to tell me that his armor was ~Force shielded~ or some poo poo.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
"Humanoid mouse" turned this up.

Edit: "human mouse hybrid" turns up some REALLY WEIRD poo poo :pwn:

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 13, 2015

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

1) :barf: Ultramarines
2) That's a caduceus rather than the correct rod of Asclepius (we largely have the U.S. Army Medical Corps to blame for this common error).
:goonsay:

In other news, this got posted in the TFR photo thread and I'm itching for some more ballin' old-style samurai and related poo poo:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Guild Wars 2's Sylvari are basically tree elves.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 25, 2015

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Ah, man, I had forgotten all about the gnoll landsknechte. That owns.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Tolkien borrowed some traits from a culture (the Huns) and filled in the rest with his own ~original content do not steal~. While you can draw parallels between Tolkien orcs and the Huns, they are not 1-for-1 copies of the Huns with a new coat of paint. Tolkien did not take every single stereotype he could find of a culture (like, say, Rastafarians) and then transplant them into literal, inhuman monsters (Warcraft Trolls) with little or no further creative development.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
welp

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

GenericOverusedName posted:

:psyduck: These are not goats. What the heck are they supposed to be.

Look like a three-way hybrid of a goat, a ram, and a Wayne-Reynolds-"I can't draw anything except for dudes covered in weapons and pouches."

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

A lot of his pieces are a theme of "[something] knight," and one of the pieces is named "knight knight." I dunno, I thought it was amusing :shobon:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Megazver posted:

I think this might work for an interesting character:

Author's blog with more art.

Why did his hair suddenly turn from red to brown?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

I've seen this image numerous times and never did it dawn on me that she's holding a baby displacer beast.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Zeerust posted:

I've been trolling around for

Trawling around for, god damnit, TRAWLING! :argh:

Trawling is to fish with a net or sift through things (like a net full of stuff you fished up). Trolling is different and not used in this sort of context.

Edit: I was looking up sci-fi guys and came upon this. It owns.

From the original '89 version of 'Hard to Be a God'.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 1, 2016

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Batman would never use an edged weapon. He doesn't kill.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Zereth posted:

Is that a bag full of groceries and two elemental swords?

"Growing li'l anime protagonists still gotta eat! :sparkles:"