Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Gross Dude posted:

i don't think fat people should be able to vote.They can't even properly decide what to have for lunch, but i am supposed to think they can decide who is going to run the county? uh, no.

They can't fit in the booth, so technically they cant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Korthal posted:

My god you guys are a bunch of loving nazis, why do you have to rape Fat Culture.

What kind of disgusting hog eats 19 eclairs in one sitting?

Oh wait, it's fatties.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBRqLSddMpU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Gross Dude posted:

i don't think fat people should be able to vote.They can't even properly decide what to have for lunch, but i am supposed to think they can decide who is going to run the county? uh, no.

chris kristy 2016

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Gross Dude posted:

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
this just in

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I've lost over 70 pounds, have gone from clinically obese to merely overweight, and later this year I'll be in the normal range. Losing weight is far and away the hardest thing I've ever done. Telling people it's easy is just making it more likely that they'll fail. Good job doing your part to keep fat people fat, I guess?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

first develop a sweetening agent that doesn't taste like total rear end tyia

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

qnqnx posted:

Sugar works pretty well imo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

FullLeatherJacket posted:

reminder that anyone who claims that they eat nothing and weigh 300lbs or eat everything and weigh 120lbs actually eats the precise amount you'd expect someone of that weight to eat and is just too loving dumb to correctly estimate caloric intake

that's science, folks
I had a really fat roommate who frequently whined about his metabolism and how hard it was to lose weight. To be fair to him I honestly didn't see him snack much, but when it came to his meals I saw him on several occasions do stuff like microwave off entire family packs of ready made food (he liked these: http://www.hannaford.com/product/Redi-Serve-Chicken-Nibblers/836741.uts) and eat them in one sitting.

He also drank tons kool aid like juices using his special cup that was like the size of those huge slurpee cups at 7-11.

Whenever we ordered pizza for the apartment he'd basically eat as much as me and the two other roommates combined, and pizza is one of those things I liked to pig out and eat a disgusting amount of (which was a lot as I'm a really tall guy).

But yeah, his metabolism is why he couldn't lose weight. He seemed envious I'm skinny but like we went shopping together and he'd see me buy fresh produce and he'd just shuffle around until we hit the frozen food aisle and he'd load up on frozen garbage.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

runupon cracker posted:

I've lost over 70 pounds, have gone from clinically obese to merely overweight, and later this year I'll be in the normal range. Losing weight is far and away the hardest thing I've ever done. Telling people it's easy is just making it more likely that they'll fail. Good job doing your part to keep fat people fat, I guess?

There is nothing difficult about eating less and not sitting on your rear end all day

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

runupon cracker posted:

losing weight is hard, the hardest thing you'll ever do
seriously it's like dragging a jumbo jet a mile using your scrotum

motivated yet fatties?

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

There is nothing difficult about eating less and not sitting on your rear end all day

says the fat guy

Digital Fingers posted:

losing weight is hard, the hardest thing you'll ever do
seriously it's like dragging a jumbo jet a mile using your scrotum

motivated yet fatties?

says the fat guy

cocaine dad show posted:

have you considered just not eating so much, and maybe moving more

says the fat guy

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

have you considered just not eating so much, and maybe moving more

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Lots of good opinions itt.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Some simple starter tips for losing weight:

Stop drinking pop. Just loving stop buying it. Don't "Ween" yourself off of it because you will fail. Just stop buying it.

Instead, buy some loving vegetables. If you're really lazy, they have those bags of presorted peas, corn, and greenbeans in the frozen food isle. Get some broccoli. Grow up and learn to love broccoli. Don't just buy these loving vegetables. Eat them. just throw them in with whatever you were going to cook in the first place. If you have a pot of boiling water and aren't eating veggies, then you're going to fail.

Don't eat so much bread either. If you're going to get bread, make it wheat. And stop buying snack food and leaving it in sight. That bowl of m&ms on the table? Smash it on your forehead right. now.

Leave a scale in the kitchen, preferably by or in front of the refrigerator.

Jack off more.

There, you've already displaced 1,000 calories a day without having to lift a finger.

President Kucinich fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 30, 2014

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
^^^ what if a fat person is already eating vegetables and isn't drinking pop or eating m&ms or other junk food?

I don't know why people say public speaking is hard, you just get up in front of a bunch of people and talk. Sheesh.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

runupon cracker posted:

I think it depends on how you go about it. There's been a couple points in my life for whatever social reasons I ate out a lot and because most entrees anywhere you go are like half a day's worth of food or more if you're doing this consistently without changing your other habits you'll get fat. Whenever I notice myself packing on pounds (and it's pretty obvious because I always wear the same pant size, so if it starts getting tight I know something's up) I take a look at my diet and identify the foods I'm eating that I know cause me to consume more calories than I really need. After modifying what food I easily have access to, weight lost comes naturally and I sink back down to my more ideal weight range. The weight lost tends to be slow rather than rapid, because I'm not making a huge caloric deficit for myself or working out tons, but it's a steady couple pounds a month until I'm back where I like to be.

If you do it this way you don't feel hungry and it's not really ever a struggle, you just eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full. At first it can be helpful to put a little effort into portioning things out "This much food should fill me up, I'll wait a bit before going back for seconds", but over time you'll find that even when given a fuckload of food just ready to eat in front of you like in a restaurant or whatever, you'll naturally feel full sooner and be less inclined to overeat.

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013
Fat people are usually just doing something really stupid like drinking 10 cokes a day

Stop being a child and you won't be fat

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
i pretty much only eat fresh veggies and rice now (because i am depressed and lazy to do anything else). i used to live on ground beef based meals like spaghetti, hamburgers, hamburger helper. eliminating ground beef from my diet was probably the best health decision i've made in a long time.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
every single goddamn fat person i've ever met never seemed to drink water, they were always drinking some loving soft drink, literally potable sugar, of course you're fat

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Ignoarints posted:

says the fat guy

says the fat guy

says the fat guy

Haha dam mate you tell em!!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
'i don't like water'--what fat people literally say

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Orkin Mang posted:

every single goddamn fat person i've ever met never seemed to drink water, they were always drinking some loving soft drink, literally potable sugar, of course you're fat
Yeah this is a big one too, I pretty much drink beer, water, or milk exclusively.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

runupon cracker posted:

^^^ what if a fat person is already eating vegetables and isn't drinking pop or eating m&ms or other junk food?

I don't know why people say public speaking is hard, you just get up in front of a bunch of people and talk. Sheesh.

Then you might have a glandular problem or need to up your calorie burn which means exercising and that really sucks.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Orkin Mang posted:

My increasingly obese sister doesn't like the taste of water, she says.

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp

Orkin Mang posted:

i'm hooked on water now. i drink it all day, liters of it. i used to drink like 2l of soda per day (albeit diet soda). i sorely miss my soda :(

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I wear a 34 inseam now, I wore a 44-46 some years ago.

Anyone who says losing weight is hard is stupid.

Stop drinking soda. Stop drinking fruit juice (lots of sugar, little nutrition). Stop eating salty and sugary snack foods.

Move.

There you lost a lot of weight.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Gotta go fat

Stop drinking soda. Stop drinking fruit juice (lots of sugar, little nutrition). Stop eating salty and sugary snack foods.

Move.

I'm pretty slim (30 waist) and I consume this stuff constantly. Pretty sure I'd disappear if I didn't.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 30, 2014

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

hav you considered just not being fat

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Move.

These too. Salt makes your body hoard water.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
I really like soda

but I rarely drink more than like, 12 ounces worth a day, if that.

but i really like it

am i fat forever

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Move.

Are you sure you don't mean "waist"? I can't imagine you were so fat your legs got shorter.

15 months ago, I did all of the above. I can count the number of times I've had pop since then on my fingers. I ate less mass of food, got on the treadmill, and did the "fat burning zone" cardio. In six months, I lost 10 pounds.

Then, I did some research, learned that advice like the above is too simplistic, made some changes, and have lost more than 60 pounds in the 9 months since then.

While I don't drink pop anymore, I eat waaaaay more junk food now than I did in the first six months, but I'm still consistently losing far more weight.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

runupon cracker posted:

Are you sure you don't mean "waist"? I can't imagine you were so fat your legs got shorter.

15 months ago, I did all of the above. I can count the number of times I've had pop since then on my fingers. I ate less mass of food, got on the treadmill, and did the "fat burning zone" cardio. In six months, I lost 10 pounds.

Then, I did some research, learned that advice like the above is too simplistic, made some changes, and have lost more than 60 pounds in the 9 months since then.

While I don't drink pop anymore, I eat waaaaay more junk food now than I did in the first six months, but I'm still consistently losing far more weight.

Yeah, some of it is really counterintuitive. Like, you eat so little your body thinks it's starving and clings on to any fat you have. Had a friend who was having trouble losing weight, and she was cutting calories and working out like crazy. Then she started eating like 500 more a day and boom, the fat pretty much fell off.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

qnqnx posted:

stevia tastes p good and it comes from a motherfucking plant

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
just got back from an hour of lifting at the gym and now i am eating tuna and carrots and cheese and a sandwich.

im ripped as gently caress but its probably just genetics right?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Miltank fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 30, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

people hold themselves to too high a standard. if you can see your feet, even if you have to lie down and re-position your legs and your head, you're probably ok

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp
Thread title is true, and in addition, gaining weight is really hard. The amount of food needed is just unpleasant, and anything beyond remaining completely sedentary requires even more food to compensate for the activity. Literally do not understand how people get fat.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

runupon cracker posted:

lol stop shoveling so much poo poo into your mouth you fat gently caress

just stop eating, you're wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Nathilus posted:

I am really loving skinny and my metabolism would break the sound barrier if it wasn't too busy digesting everything I eat instantly. I love eating tons of garbage junk food in front of fat people/chubby girlfriends. gently caress YEAH I can eat whatever I loving want and never get fat, and you gotta just DEAL WITH IT.

Once I wanted a snack after work but before dinner and had no snackies, so I stopped at a local convenience store and bought all this garbage. M&Ms (peanut), cheez-its (smoked cheddar), and a giant sweet lemon tea with more sugar in it than those sugar bags you buy at the supermarket. The chubby cashier was like, "drat that's a lot of junk food, I had to stop eating that kind of garbage" and I was like "yeah but I'm a buck 30 with the fastest metabolism you've ever seen sucker. This isn't even dinner: I'm eating even more for dinner. This is just to keep me going until then." and got the biggest stinkeye ever. looooool.

On the other hand, never be around a person with a fast metabolism that hasn't eaten anything lately. We get really pissy as the blood sugar drops and then we pass out approximately six hours after having eaten.

congrats on ur

• Locked thread