Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I got fat in middle school because I liked anime and played video games. Then I stopped liking either in high school and got super skinny and handsome. Coincidence I think not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I walk everywhere and I eat ~1900 calories every day. It doesn't take much to stay skinny. Though I've had people tell me I should be eating more because of my height. Eh.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

runupon cracker posted:

Are you sure you don't mean "waist"? I can't imagine you were so fat your legs got shorter.

15 months ago, I did all of the above. I can count the number of times I've had pop since then on my fingers. I ate less mass of food, got on the treadmill, and did the "fat burning zone" cardio. In six months, I lost 10 pounds.

Then, I did some research, learned that advice like the above is too simplistic, made some changes, and have lost more than 60 pounds in the 9 months since then.

While I don't drink pop anymore, I eat waaaaay more junk food now than I did in the first six months, but I'm still consistently losing far more weight.

Yeah, some of it is really counterintuitive. Like, you eat so little your body thinks it's starving and clings on to any fat you have. Had a friend who was having trouble losing weight, and she was cutting calories and working out like crazy. Then she started eating like 500 more a day and boom, the fat pretty much fell off.

• Locked thread