Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I've lost over 70 pounds, have gone from clinically obese to merely overweight, and later this year I'll be in the normal range. Losing weight is far and away the hardest thing I've ever done. Telling people it's easy is just making it more likely that they'll fail. Good job doing your part to keep fat people fat, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

qnqnx posted:

first develop a sweetening agent that doesn't taste like total rear end tyia

Sugar works pretty well imo

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
^^^ what if a fat person is already eating vegetables and isn't drinking pop or eating m&ms or other junk food?

I don't know why people say public speaking is hard, you just get up in front of a bunch of people and talk. Sheesh.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

I wear a 34 inseam now, I wore a 44-46 some years ago.

Anyone who says losing weight is hard is stupid.

Stop drinking soda. Stop drinking fruit juice (lots of sugar, little nutrition). Stop eating salty and sugary snack foods.

Move.

There you lost a lot of weight.

Are you sure you don't mean "waist"? I can't imagine you were so fat your legs got shorter.

15 months ago, I did all of the above. I can count the number of times I've had pop since then on my fingers. I ate less mass of food, got on the treadmill, and did the "fat burning zone" cardio. In six months, I lost 10 pounds.

Then, I did some research, learned that advice like the above is too simplistic, made some changes, and have lost more than 60 pounds in the 9 months since then.

While I don't drink pop anymore, I eat waaaaay more junk food now than I did in the first six months, but I'm still consistently losing far more weight.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

stoutfish posted:

i eat less than 1000 calories per day, fat people eat ten to fifteen that amount

The only way you could get away with less than 1000 calories a day is that you weigh 75 pounds, are 4 feet tall, and do literally nothing all day but post.

So congrats on having zero clue about how many calories you actually eat I guess. Or being a lazy-as-gently caress midget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

2 Track EP posted:

Fat people who get skinny are literally the grossest people to see naked. The skin just hangs down in flaps and it's sickening. They look like they're covered in toxic sludge and melting

legit

I look pretty decent clothed now though.

• Locked thread