Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Insect Armageddon was more of a spinoff made by the Matt Hazard guys whereas 2025 is an actual sequel by the real EDF developers, so this should be the real thing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Not only that, but 2025 has been out in Japan for months, and I don't think I've heard anything less than glowing praise for it.

Also, with the mission DLC, it's literally OVER TEN TIMES longer than Insect Armageddon.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
So hey, the game is coming out in ten days. I figure at least the 360 goons should have a metatag to find each other quickly.

For the uninitiated, basically you send a friend request to the metatag and when you want a game, you just view friends on it to find other jerkasses playing the game.

Not sure what to call it though. I could go with the lazy GoonDefenseForce. Or I could go with PeopleEatingMonsters (With the bio as "we can't let them have their way")

Also "YOUGIANTCREATURE" and "ThrillingUndergroundExpedition" (I don't know if that'll fit)

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Drakenel posted:

So hey, the game is coming out in ten days. I figure at least the 360 goons should have a metatag to find each other quickly.

For the uninitiated, basically you send a friend request to the metatag and when you want a game, you just view friends on it to find other jerkasses playing the game.

Not sure what to call it though. I could go with the lazy GoonDefenseForce. Or I could go with PeopleEatingMonsters (With the bio as "we can't let them have their way")

Also "YOUGIANTCREATURE" and "ThrillingUndergroundExpedition" (I don't know if that'll fit)

I like PeopleEatingMonsters or YOUGIANTCREATURE the best.

Alternatively, FATTYKILLERS

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

It would take a lot, and I mean a LOT, to make up for how bad IA was. I'm going to pass on 2025 because IA ruined the series for me and asking $50 for an EDF game is hilarious, but I hope we're not burned again.

Fun hating people deserve to be miserable. EDF 2025 is gonna own!

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

EDF Insect Armageddon is gonna own!

Me, as I was downloading it on steam.

FOOL ME ONCE!

fake edit - EDF 2025 definitely looks like a true return to form, and then some, but seriously IA was complete poo poo.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

OH NO MAN posted:

Insect Armageddon was more of a spinoff made by the Matt Hazard guys whereas 2025 is an actual sequel by the real EDF developers, so this should be the real thing again.

God I want all my dreams to come true. Insect Armageddon was such a huge let down that I never want to touch this series again. All my friends bought into that pile of poo poo and after a few hours it was just pure disappointment.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yay EDF! EDF! EDF! The b-game that captured my heart.

Goddamn gonna make me feel bad for enjoying IA in here.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Insect Armageddon was the biggest gaming disappointment in sequel releases I think I've ever experienced.

It would take a lot, and I mean a LOT, to make up for how bad IA was. I'm going to pass on 2025 because IA ruined the series for me and asking $50 for an EDF game is hilarious, but I hope we're not burned again.

You are making a big, big mistake.

I have the japanese edition of EDF 2025 and I've gotten all achievements in EDF 2017 on Xbox. I've played enough to know that 2025 is not a disappointment.

EDF 2025 is mathematically at least five times better than 2017 and 100x better than IA.

Buy EDF 2025!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

No, seriously, no one here is kidding. Insect Armageddon was a massive disappointment, yes. But EDF 2025 is the real loving poo poo guys. The realest. I have the Japanese version as well, and I can safely say that this game is at least 1000x better than IA. For many a reason.

Laser chainsaw man. Laser chainsaw. Live the dream. I can't wait to buy this all over again, but this time in a language I can understand and am able to play online co-op in.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

FOOL ME ONCE!

fake edit - EDF 2025 definitely looks like a true return to form, and then some, but seriously IA was complete poo poo.

Saying you don't want to play 2025 after IA is like saying you don't want to play Windwaker because you got burned on the CD-i zelda games. The one you played is poo poo make by totally different people.

This looks like the poo poo judging from random videos of the japanese version.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
How are the weapons? Do they still have uber rare drops that will make you want to replay certain missions that only those weapons drop in 100 times? I mean, some people didn't like that, but I did because those levels were fun as poo poo.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

FOOL ME ONCE!

Insect Armageddon was made by different people and the original developers had no say in its production. That's why it sucked. 2025 was made by the people who made 2017.

It's like judging the next entry in a series by its lovely offloaded mobile version. Insect Armageddon has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I'm going to throw my own vote into PeopleEatingMonsters since its a memorable line. I'll probably make it either tonight or tomorrow.

Trying to convince my friend to try the series. What was that one youtube video that was linked in a previous thread where the idiot gamestop employee convinced him not to buy it initially because 'it's not next gen'? "But it looks kind of awesome there's giant robots and-" "ITS NOT NEXT GEN"

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 9, 2014

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
That would be this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDyECvmnIo

Never had the chance to play it since I never owned a 360 and don't intend on ever getting one. Glad this is coming to ps3 even if it's yet another lovely port or something.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Alright, I'm convinced. Got this preordered with a friend for the PS3. My 360 is done and buried, and I'm not paying that lovely monthly fee.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Welcome aboard! Next stop: THE OWN ZONE! Just a little over a week boys! Soon, you'll become men!

MagusProject
Apr 20, 2008
On the EDF site, there's now a dumb gimmick promo video that gives you a code for a 3 dollar mission pack DLC. You need to sign in with a facebook account, and share the video after watching it. (You can set the post to private on your facebook page, delete it afterwards, or whatever.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What site? Googling it doesn't actually turn up an official site.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Where's the site at? Google's just showing the 2017 and IA sites.

MagusProject
Apr 20, 2008

iastudent posted:

Where's the site at? Google's just showing the 2017 and IA sites.

http://www.edf2025.com/

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Do saves usually transfer over between regions?

I own the Japanese version and I'm curious if I'll keep all my guns.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, as far as the system is concerned they're entirely different games.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I forget when ordering this game off Amazon, can you get release day delivery by checking the the free shipping or do you have to pay for 2 day service just to make sure?

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Okay guys, I've only ever played IA on Steam because I didn't own a 360 until June last year. After seeing everyone rave and love the poo poo out of EDF2017 I thought "hey, a EDF game I can actually play!" and bought it. I was extremely disappointed and wondered if you guys were all just insane or stupid or insanely stupid. I swore off EDF after just a couple of extremely boring and insanely ugly levels.

Now I own a 360 and through the power of this thread and its OP I just bought the On Demand version of EDF2017 for 15 Euros. I hope you won't let me down thread. I am putting all my hopes in this currently downloading game to properly prepare me for the masterpiece that EDF 2025 is hopefully gonna be.

I swear if this doesn't blow my old, bitter, jaded mind I will come from Germany to wherever y'all are and personally punch you in your collective dicks!

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

abraxas posted:

Okay guys, I've only ever played IA on Steam because I didn't own a 360 until June last year. After seeing everyone rave and love the poo poo out of EDF2017 I thought "hey, a EDF game I can actually play!" and bought it. I was extremely disappointed and wondered if you guys were all just insane or stupid or insanely stupid. I swore off EDF after just a couple of extremely boring and insanely ugly levels.

Now I own a 360 and through the power of this thread and its OP I just bought the On Demand version of EDF2017 for 15 Euros. I hope you won't let me down thread. I am putting all my hopes in this currently downloading game to properly prepare me for the masterpiece that EDF 2025 is hopefully gonna be.

I swear if this doesn't blow my old, bitter, jaded mind I will come from Germany to wherever y'all are and personally punch you in your collective dicks!
If you don't enjoy EDF2017 you should punch yourself in the dick.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yeah, 2017 has "it"

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
The sounds when you select missions and go through the selection screens in 2017 gives me a feeling.

A feeling that I cannot describe.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I did that whole facebook thing from edf2025.com and it is actually kinda cool, in a creepy way

havent seen the promo code for the level pack show up in my email yet >:(

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

I did that whole facebook thing from edf2025.com and it is actually kinda cool, in a creepy way

havent seen the promo code for the level pack show up in my email yet >:(

Mine hasn't shown up either, but yeah it was a bit of surprise and kind of neat.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

It said after I shared the video that you'd get an email after the promotion ends, whenever that is.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

abraxas posted:

I swore off EDF after just a couple of extremely boring and insanely ugly levels.

Keep playing. It's a great game, but nobody would say it's particularly good looking and the things people love (the massive fights and ridiculous weapons) aren't there at the very beginning.

It's not like the stages are long, either. If you only gave up after a couple, that's like... seven or eight minutes worth of play time.

Edit: misread, yeah IA is godawful.

sethsez fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 12, 2014

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

sethsez posted:

Keep playing. It's a great game, but nobody would say it's particularly good looking and the things people love (the massive fights and ridiculous weapons) aren't there at the very beginning.

It's not like the stages are long, either. If you only gave up after a couple, that's like... seven or eight minutes worth of play time.

He was talking about IA which does have very long levels with nothing going on but walking from point to point.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

edit: Oops, you're right, I misread! Yeah, IA is a piece of poo poo

sethsez fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 12, 2014

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
What a ZANY and WACKY op. It was so hilarious I punched myself. Seriously how old are you OP?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

You sound like a lot of fun. Game OPs are serious business.

vvv If you want to play online on the 360 you would need live? am I missing something here with this question?

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 12, 2014

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
^^ As long as couch co-op works out of the box, that's all I need. You have my money, EDF 2025.

A few people have mentioned not wanting to buy Xbox Live subscriptions for this. Why would you need to? I'd rather not do that either, but I don't see you'd have to.

Kestral fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 12, 2014

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, they have online coop now, so that means Live sub for the XBox. Local coop you dont need it, but we never leave the basements so thats not going to happen.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
Split screen is still "Man Mode" though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

More like easy mode with the revival system. :colbert: