Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Holy poo poo, I did not know 2025 was coming out this month. Right on time for spring break too. Totally unplugging my brand new ps4 when I get home.

I wish the vita version of 2017 was on psn plus because you can never find anyone online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

BlueDestiny posted:

EDF2017 was one of my favorite 360 games ever, and this looks pretty much the same but cranked up to insanity. Insect Armageddon was incredible in its own way because they somehow managed to kill the spirit of fun 2017 had despite being almost the same game.

I think this company also made Robot Alchemic Drive aka best giant robot game ever for the PS2. These dudes know how to make fun poo poo.

I always loved the idea of RAD (it's basically Tetsujin 28 the videogame right?) and have wanted to play it badly, but none of the 3 copies I bought over the years ever worked on my ps2 and it's one of the few games that emulates like poo poo on the pc.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

randombattle posted:

So cannot wait for real EDF.

I will never understand why Insect Armageddon ended up being so terrible. WHY WOULD YOU END THE GAME THERE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. I remember beating it coop for the first time with my brother and we were both just awestruck. That couldn't be it. No one would do that there has to be more to it.

I don't get why they make it so hard to level up on top of only having a handful of missions. To grind up you basically have to use the terrible starting weapons on the highest difficulty with bullet sponge monsters and unskipable cut-scenes. After that you still had to actually buy the weapons (which I wouldn't mind if they didn't also make in-game drops super rare) and repeat the process 4 times.

The sad part is before the game actually came out it seemed like the devs got the appeal of the series.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Hopefully the higher gun count will mean less getting 20 weapons in a level and they all end up being the same 3 guns.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Mechathief posted:

Guys.... seriously... is this game really worth $50? For real? I can't bel-- hey.. my hand is instinctively reaching for my wallet... OK goons what gives...

Kind of wish it was the 18th already.

If anybody is seriously wondering if this is worth it I highly recommend them track down 2017 for the 360. Despite the janky graphics EDF is legit one of the most purely fun games and is absolutely worth retail price.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Me, as I was downloading it on steam.

FOOL ME ONCE!

fake edit - EDF 2025 definitely looks like a true return to form, and then some, but seriously IA was complete poo poo.

Saying you don't want to play 2025 after IA is like saying you don't want to play Windwaker because you got burned on the CD-i zelda games. The one you played is poo poo make by totally different people.

This looks like the poo poo judging from random videos of the japanese version.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Philthy posted:

Not sure if this was ever answered, but do certain weapons only drop on certain levels? Like in 2017, I think one of the best sniper rifles only dropped on one particular late level in Inferno difficulty, and it was really really rare to see drop.

Also, Online vs Offline.

If I do 20 missions in Offline, does this character carry over into Online? Or if I do 20 Online, will the 20 missions in Offline be done?

Can you have Online vs Offline characters?

Mainly because I'd like to play through online with a friend, but we're crack addicts, so we will be smoking this game when the other isn't around. I don't want to show up the next day with over powered items compared to his because I was hitting the pipe the night before while he was stuck at work.

If it's anything like the vita version then your online progression is the same as offline. I guess you could always play another class since it seems like you have to grind them up individually.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is the load times really bad for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

Erogamer review is up and it's poo poo.

A real shame, because their review for 2017 was fantastic.

it sounds like she honestly only did the first few stages.