Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DrManiac posted:

Holy poo poo, I did not know 2025 was coming out this month. Right on time for spring break too.

I wish the vita version of 2017 was on psn plus because you can never find anyone online.

It went on sale for I think $15 not long ago, and seems like the kind of thing they might put on sale again once 2025 is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FuSchnick posted:

The PS3 version cannot combine split screen with online play, the 360 version can.

To clarify, doing this with the 360 version would require both accounts to have Gold, correct?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Hey can someone put together a list of things they'd like to see in the "serioius" op?

I already have that this game owns so we're covered on that front.

- Avenues for adding other players for each platform.
- A breakdown of differences between the 360 and PS3 versions (as well as specifics like how Player 2's progress on the 360 only gets saved to Player 1's save).
- Extra highlighting of the game owning

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

coyo7e posted:

The playstation 3 version has no online co-op? :aaaaa:

It does but only 1 player per console, you can't do split-screen and online, it's either/or.

The 360 will let you take two players on the same console (playing split screen) and connect online with others, although there are limits on storing progress for Player 2 (it saves on Player 1's save, might also only cash in achievements for Player 1?). Does anyone know if both players need Live Gold, or just one?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Someone give links for the PS3 friends list and 360 friend list.

Never done this before, but here goes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai90Eh9UuJjudHQ0NE5JVFRkQ19yOGt5X1dFQWhsbFE&usp=sharing

There's a separate sheet for PS3 and 360. Let me know if I should add/modify any fields.

For now it's just SA username, online console service username, which version(s) of the game you have since US and JP at least appear to be separate (we'll get confirmation soon about EU) and time zone.

My name's not there yet because I'm still sorting out specifics on what I'm getting.

univbee fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 20, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Someone give links for the PS3 friends list and 360 friend list.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvAddedvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

You should probably put a link at the top of the OP, it's hard to find where it is and I think a lot of people are missing it (tons of people are still posting their info within the thread).

Also you wrote "360 allows for online + couch co-op simultaneously while the 360 does not", that bolded 360 needs to be PS3.

Assuming the population ratios are accurate I'll likely be picking this up digitally on PS3. :getin:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Awesome! posted:

the 360 guys might not be adding themselves to the spreadsheet since they set up a metatag.

you should definitely get it on ps3 though :v:

:doh: of course, forgot about that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

neurotech posted:

Dumb question - where do I enter this special ops pack code to redeem it?

On PS3: sign in to the store, select "redeem code" on the left. Or through the webstore, select your usename's pulldown and select "redeem code" from there.

On XBL: Press the Xbox button on the controller, there's an option somewhere in there to redeem code. USB keyboard recommended because holy poo poo 25 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

iastudent posted:

Has there been any true confirmation that load times are shorter with the PS3 digital version vs. the disc version?

I've noticed that load times are really unpredictable on PS3 full stop; not everyone has the same type of hard drive in the same shape, and some PS3's have less-than-stellar optical drives too. My main PS3 has the pop-in issue with GTA 5 digital and runs the disc version fine, while my old fat PS3 is the opposite and performs horribly with the disc version (missing sound and poo poo like that).

I'm reasonably sure my main PS3 would perform identically while my fat would probably have the several minute load times thing happening.

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 21, 2014