Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Alright you COD try hard cry baby pussies, its time for a real mother loving game. Its god drat EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 2025. The sequel to the GOTG (Game of The Generation) Earth Defense Force 2017. If you haven't already played EDF 2017, what in the gently caress is wrong with you? Are you literally a loving dipshit? Buy it.

Ok. So we all know EDF 2017 was the best loving game on the 360. Well get this poo poo, EDF 2025 is coming out on the 360 AND the PS3. So all you Sony fans who missed the previous GOTG can now enjoy an amazing sequel. How cool is that poo poo?! So what the gently caress is EDF even about :

Giant gently caress you Spiders!

Flying Valkyrie super soldiers who will make you lick their shiny metal boots

Goon Bee squad? More like goon pee squad. HERE'S SOME ACUTAL MOTHER loving BEES BITCH!

Anime as gently caress! Don't shame, I've seen you watch Naruto when you think no one is watching. Anime owns!

poo poo's awesome. Alright, so what does EDF 2025 bring that's new to the table:

Soldier Classes

FENCER

Holy gently caress look at this poo poo! God drat its awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrWSh21JINM

Air Raider

God drat this game owns...fuuuuuuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVRZAKWhhk

Wing Diver and Ranger

SSHHHIIIIIITTTT FUUUUUUCK PIIIIIIISSSS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GJiYk3Vi0

-----------------------------------------------------
Q & A Time

Reviews? gently caress you if you care.

Achievements? Eat poo poo and die.

Guns?

Neo Helbeast posted:

2025 has over 700 guns in it, two of which are an Orbital Laser and a 4 person coop Mech. Pack it in other games, it's GOTY 2014 already.

BF4? COD Ghosts? Halo? SUCK A DEEEEYYUUUUCK!

Split Screen Couch Co-op multiplayer?
YOU BET YOUR GOD drat rear end!

Online Multiplayer? Sure thing you scrotum-smelling, green toothed, bitch face, anti-social gently caress! Join up with 3 other online strangers!

When can I buy this second coming of video games? Now if ya want. But the game won't be release until Feb 18, 2014.

You ready to join soldier? Lets go destroy those alien scum! EDF EDF EDF EDF

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

[TRY HARD OP]

I WANT TO PLAY WITH GOONY GOON GOONS

Use the spreadsheet below for both 360 and PS3

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai90Eh9UuJjudHQ0NE5JVFRkQ19yOGt5X1dFQWhsbFE&usp=sharing

Metatag: HOWCANYOUMISS

STORY
The Earth Defense Force, a unified multinational military sponsored by nearly every country, is founded after detecting an impending alien visit in case the aliens prove to be hostile. In the year 2017, that proved to be true and the EDF fought against the Ravagers, an alien race that attacked Earth with giant insect-like creatures, UFOs, robots, and gigantic, 120 foot tall lizard-like creatures. Eight years What the gently caress are you doing reading this? Buy this loving game it owns holy poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GJiYk3Vi0

Character Classes
Ranger

Composed of foot infantry capable of using several vehicles and mechas.

Wing Diver

Airborne class composed exclusively of women who use high tech weaponry and jet packs.

Air Raider

A class specialized in the assistance of infantry and airborne soldiers, capable of:
  • Deploying health recovery field generators and force shields.
  • Summoning vehicles into the battlefield.
  • Ordering air raids over designated targets.

Fencer

A heavily armored class with a variety of weapons, such as:
  • A deflective shield that cuts all damage taken while readied, although it overheats and goes offline if used for too long.
  • A blast-hole spear that fires high-pressure plasma into anything you can stab it into, destroying it from the inside. It also has a side thruster that lets you thrust-dash around at high speed.
  • A handheld Gatling gun that your suit is just powerful enough to carry around. It takes time to spin up and doesn't boast tremendous accuracy, but its rapid-fire properties are reliable in a pinch.
  • A vibro-drive hammer that smashes anything in the vicinity.
  • An armor-piercing hand cannon that deals a powerful blow, but leaves you unguarded for about a second after firing due to recoil absorption.

How do I move faster?

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Watch the thrusters on your back when you dash. They'll fire, flare up, and then fade before vanishing. Just before they disappear you want to hit your shield's reflect. You can then pretty much just mash dash again, I find the trickiest part is the timing to hit the reflect.

It is massively easier (and more useful) with the Ion Shield. The normal shield might be okay with it, and it's actually slower than just repeatedly dashing like normal with the tower shield.

ENEMIES

Biological Units
  • Black Ants: giant black ants that attack in vast numbers. Known attacks: bite, acid shoot.
  • Red Ants: giant red ants, with stronger attacks and resistances than the black ones. Known attack: bite.
  • Flying Ants: winged giant black ants. Known attacks: acid shoot.
  • Spiders: giant tarantula-like creatures. Known attack: spider web shoot.
  • Retiarius: giant spiders. Known attack: spider net.
  • Bees: giant flying bee-like creatures. Known attack: sting shot.
  • Giant Spiders: larger version of the spiders. Known attack: spider web shoot.
  • Dragons: giant Chinese dragon-like monster that can fly at high altitude and walk in four legs. Known attacks: mouth flames, bite.

Mechanical Units

• Gunships: flying mechanical units. Known attack: energy shots.
  • Red Gunships: flying mechanical units. Known attack: energy shots.
  • Hectors: large bipedal robots with an assorted variety of weaponry carried on their arms. They can be deployed by carrier airships. Known attacks: energy shots, plasma shots.
  • Giant Hectors: larger, stronger version of the regular Hectors. It is hinted that some may carry new defensive measures, such as force shields. Known attacks: energy shots, plasma shots.
  • Unidentified flying vehicles: flying winged mechanical units. Not much is known about them.
  • Shield Bearer: four legged unit capable of generate large force fields that can be penetrated only at slow speed (i.e. walking inside the protected area). Known attacks: none.
  • Walking Fortress: giant four-legged, heavily fortified vehicles that can deploy biological and mechanical units. Known attacks: Plasma shots, laser shots.
  • Carriers: giant airships that can deploy biological and mechanical units. Known attacks: none.
  • Red Carriers: giant airships that can deploy biological and mechanical units. Known attacks: none.
  • Mothership: gigantic airship that can deploy gunships and are armed with several laser cannons and a super cannon at the bottom. Known attacks: energy shots, laser shots, giant beam.
  • UNKNOWN: mysterious ground mechanical unit. Known attack: laser shots.

Q & A

Reviews? Still gently caress you if you care.

Achievements? Keep eating poo poo.

How many guns do I get to play with?

Neo Helbeast posted:

2025 has over 700 guns in it, two of which are an Orbital Laser and a 4 person coop Mech. Pack it in other games, it's GOTY 2014 already.

A lot.

Split Screen Couch Co-op multiplayer? Yup!

Online Multiplayer? Up to 4 players

When does it come out?
Feb 18, 2014

When can I buy this second coming of video games? Right here.

I own every console ever. What are the differences between the PS3 version and 360 version?
360 was the main SKU so it has less-ish slowdown
360 allows for online + couch co-op simultaneously while the PS3 does not
360 saves all couch co-op data to player one, not to two different accounts (so you can't get achievements on two accounts but if you care about this you should prolly look at your sad little life and realize how much of a waste you really are).

I WANT TO PLAY WITH GOONY GOON GOONS

Use the spreadsheet below for both 360 and PS3

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai90Eh9UuJjudHQ0NE5JVFRkQ19yOGt5X1dFQWhsbFE&usp=sharing

Metatag: HOWCANYOUMISS

[/TRY HARD OP]

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 8, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Dominic White posted:

All that bullshit in the OP and loving huge table-breaking images, and you don't even show the launch trailer? loving low-effort scum.

You literally linked the same vid I did. Also, its 2014, who doesn't have a 1080p monitor by now? Tables shouldn't hold this game back. It loving owns!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

2nd post updated with more info for those that need it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

Did you make this game up or are those truly giant spiders and bees in a real game

Did you not play EDF 2017? You know, the GOTG EDF 2017? If you haven't, fix your life by purchasing it right away. If you don't, you'll die a worthless, pathetic husk. EDF 2017 owns.

Its console only as well due to the developers being Japanese. If it does come out for PC (we can only pray to the anime gods), I will buy that poo poo ASAP.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 31, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

I don't own xbox! or playstation!

EDF 2017 is 360 only so you prolly should correct that! You can get a now 360 for something like $50 or a handjob. It's cheap. Buy it!

Neo Helbeast posted:

Added to the OP.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Look, I enjoy Doom more than any other FPS to date, so I get it, but EDF is basically japan's doom and it owns.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I've never played a Doom

Ok you should fix that. Its cheap as gently caress and can run on a calculator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsN2JIRGHAo

Think of it like an early EDF. Then play some more EDF.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Miijhal posted:

Well, that and "accidentally" blow up my friends.

Nothing like running into the slowest nuke in the world.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

RAD owned. EDF 2017 owned. EDF 2025 is gonna own face!

Also RAD's localization added to it, even if it was unintentional.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUWIJ0DgsI 2025 already owns. :911:

e: I can't fix the time marker, just skip to five minutes in.

Hahahaha! EDF loving owns. Get hyped!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Rollie the Guar posted:

But do the spiders still make bowling sounds when they die?

We shall find out in less than a month. EDF month bitches lets do this! Launch GOTG EDF 2017 and get hype for EDF 2025!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah, if you liked terrible Insect Armageddon then imagine a game that is 25x bigger and better in every way. That's the 'real' EDF.

Insect Armageddon is the Diet Rite Cola to the EDF 2017's Coca~Cola Original Formula (the one with actual cocaine).

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Medicinal Penguin posted:

List price is $50, amazon is $44 right now. New copy of 2017 is $80 on amazon, :lol:.

EDF 2017 owns thats why!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

It would take a lot, and I mean a LOT, to make up for how bad IA was. I'm going to pass on 2025 because IA ruined the series for me and asking $50 for an EDF game is hilarious, but I hope we're not burned again.

Fun hating people deserve to be miserable. EDF 2025 is gonna own!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Welcome aboard! Next stop: THE OWN ZONE! Just a little over a week boys! Soon, you'll become men!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Drakenel posted:

The fifteen character limit on gamertags is busting my balls here. (Most good names are sixteen) But I finally got the metatag up.

360 owners send friend requests to HOWCANYOUMISS and I'll check it nightly to accept it and you all can use the dummy silver account to find each other on the promised day.

I've been out of the 360 live meta tag poo poo for a while. If someone knows of what the best way to gather goons for bug squashing, lemme know and I'll add it to the OP.

Same goes for the PS3 owners out there. Whatever is agreed upon will go in the OP.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Hey can someone put together a list of things they'd like to see in the "serioius" op?

I already have that this game owns so we're covered on that front.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

You should probably put dash cancel information under the Fencer section, as the class is nigh-unplayable without knowing about it.

Done

univbee posted:

- Avenues for adding other players for each platform.
- A breakdown of differences between the 360 and PS3 versions (as well as specifics like how Player 2's progress on the 360 only gets saved to Player 1's save).
- Extra highlighting of the game owning

Someone give links for the PS3 friends list and 360 friend list.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvAddedvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 20, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

FuSchnick posted:

The GB Quick Look was awful to watch. I can understand that not everyone enjoys this type of game, but to watch someone be so dismissive of it because he can't read words on the screen in front of him is just infuriating.

Who in the gently caress gives the slightest gently caress about "gaming journalism" in the year 2014? Play game, have fun. If anyone cares about reviews, go to the nearest dog park and eat their droppings.

For fucks sake we have reviewers praising the latest CoD game while calling Donkey Kong "samey". Who really gives a poo poo anymore. They all might as well be youtube personalities.

Also fencer owns your FACE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Fuligin posted:

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything stupidly obvious, but is there a specific button (on 360) to call in vehicles/air strikes and other "special" actions? I'm in the very very early (first ten) missions and a few times the commentary has noted that "air strikes are ready" and poo poo like that but I have no idea how to do anything with it (playing as a Wing Diver). Also, any tips for Wing Divers in general? The speed is wonderful after slowly marching around as a ranger but I'm always eating through my Wing Energy like crazy trying to kill stuff quickly.

That just background chatter unless you're the air raider.