Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WWE posted a list of all the PPVs that will be available on demand the minute the WWE Network starts.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-per-view-on-wwe-network

And yes, Over The Edge 1999 is listed. I'd imagine, and hope, that it'll be edited though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

WWE posted a list of all the PPVs that will be available on demand the minute the WWE Network starts.

And yes, Over The Edge 1999 is listed. I'd imagine, and hope, that it'll be edited though.

If you click on it to play it, it just airs a video of Jeff Jarrett cutting a promo on you, personally, for being a morbid horrible person.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Deadpool posted:

Why would you want it to be edited? It didn't show anything & it's a historical moment.

Anyways, am I misreading that or are the UK only WWF PPVs only available in the UK?

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 5, 2014

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

That's a spicy fuckin meatball. Although I never followed ECW closely - is this a truncated list, or about right for the overall output of the company:

quote:

ECW PPV List

Barely Legal
Hardcore Heaven '97
November to Remember '97
Living Dangerously '98
Wrestlepalooza '98
Heatwave '98
November to Remember '98
Guilty as Charged '99
Living Dangerously '99
Hardcore Heaven '99
Heatwave '99
Anarchy Rulz '99
November to Remember '99
Guilty as Charged 2000
Living Dangerously 2000
Hardcore Heaven 2000
Heatwave 2000
Anarchy Rulz 2000
November to Remember 2000
Massacre on 34th St. 2000
Guilty as Charged 2001
ECW One Night Stand (2005)
ECW One Night Stand (2006)
December to Dismember (2006)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yup, that's about right. ECW never got to the point of monthly.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Call Me Charlie posted:

Why would you want it to be edited? It didn't show anything & it's a historical moment.

Anyways, am I misreading that or are the UK only WWF PPVs only available in the UK?

yeah, I think you're misreading that. Pretty sure it's just detailing that those events were aired as PPVs in the UK only. but it is written basically how you read it.

I still don't know why they'd put up Over the Edge 99, though I don't think there'd be anything that'd need to be edited but I'm still surprised it's there. wonder if they'll put up the Owen Hart Raw Tribute show too.

wonder if WWE will release details of what content is being watched most, cause I'd imagine OtE99 will be right up there early on.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
*feck, double post somehow, sorry*

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Assuming nothing happens in the future, this will be the first time Over the Edge 1999 has ever been released on home media in any form. I can see Bret Hart getting wind of this and talking to Vince but, really, who knows. If Bret isn't bothered by this, get ready to watch those crowd pans in a proper format and not VHS-quality bootlegs, ugh, I don't know about this. Just the fact WWE listed Over the Edge, to me, is indicative of how long ago they see that show.

Edit: Vengeance 2007 has me interested as well. Not so much if it was going to be included, I knew it was, but rather if Tony Chimell's (I think it was him as ring announcer that night) "Benoit couldn't make it due to a family emergency" call over the microphone gets edited-out. WWE does have Benoit footage and will air it with disclaimers, I know, but here is a really awkward moment looking back. I think it'll get edited out unless there is a administrative error and the master tape of the show gets uploaded.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 5, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I will say this before it gets asked a million times, here is what you need to know about Over the Edge 1999:

- Don't watch Over the Edge 1999.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I have a feeling they may have just copy+paste'd a list of every WWE PPV and the person who put that up didn't realize what Over the Edge '99 was. I don't think that show is going to be on the Network, or at least for very long if it is.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Chewy Bitems posted:

wonder if WWE will release details of what content is being watched most, cause I'd imagine OtE99 will be right up there early on.

Personally, I bet the first Wrestlemania, Wrestlemania X7, and Wrestlemania XIX are watched the most. Then Suvivor Series 97 and the King of the Ring 98. After that it's probably a mix of anything that was Attitude Era WWF PPV's or similar era WCW PPV's (I sense a few Bash at the Beaches).

Basically I bet it's mostly 90's PPV's.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 5, 2014

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
One of the biggest things I want from WWE Network is being able to watch any Raw on demand. As of now, there's no word on doing this, which means not in the near future.

The second biggest thing I want from this is being able to watch Raw live through the network, which they already confirmed that it won't happen.

Looks like I won't be subscribing :(

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Batista posted:

I will say this before it gets asked a million times, here is what you need to know about Over the Edge 1999:

- Don't watch Over the Edge 1999.

Was Billy Gunn vs. Road Dogg that bad?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What would the worst PPVs be that don't involve someone dying?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Great American Bash 91, KOTR 95 and 99, December 2 Dismember, Tons of TNA PPVs.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

Tons of TNA PPVs.

Good to know I can find these on the WWE Network

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MassRafTer posted:

Great American Bash 91, KOTR 95 and 99, December 2 Dismember, Tons of TNA PPVs.

I don't think Vince is TNA's mystery buyer.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I, for one, am excited by the prospect of a December 2 Dismember PSP simulwatch

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I wonder how much censoring is going to go into the ECW shows. I'm pretty sure there were f-bombs a-plenty in the 1999-2000 PPVs when the Dudleys did their promos insulting the crowd. And I'm also pretty sure that on one show, Rhino speared Sandman's wife through a table and called her a loving bitch. I assume it will be bleeped.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

they've said that everything will be uncensored with warning screens

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Having seen Over the Edge '99 probably about 10 years ago, I remember it being pretty tame after expecting something shocking and horrible. There's a graphic on the screen and they're talking about the next match, and then JR says "We've got a problem here". They give an update that Owen was taken away in an ambulance, Jeff Jarrett breaks character backstage saying he's praying for him, then later you get the update that he died. That's really all there is to it.

Vengeance '07 is actually far more sickening to watch. The crowd is livid and chants "We want Benoit" through the whole ECW title match, and meanwhile the PPV was airing after Benoit had already killed his son, or was in the process of it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'll be picking this up and dropping Hulu as that's my "watch Raw and NXT" service right now for the most part. Don't care if they're not live, since I almost never catch stuff live anyways!

I don't remember if mlb.tv had an international version or not but my friend had that here in Japan and it worked well. I've got Netflix and Hulu now, and also got MLS' league pass working last year too (it's supposed to be America-only, unlike the NBA and NFL which have overseas versions). So if you use unblock-me there's a good chance WWEN will work too. I'll report once it goes live.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Luigi Thirty posted:

WWE Battleground 2013.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't think Vince is TNA's mystery buyer.

It is important to list the worst. I also forgot every WCW PPV from May of 99 through December of 2000. Seriously, they are all garbage.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Actually I think the reason that WWE won't release details of what's being watched on the Network will be because the most watched stuff will be the PPVs with nudity if they're uncensored.

that and because they probably don't want people to know nobody is watching Legend's House.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
legends house: what happens when you put 6 sexy singles ancient drug abusers in a house under one roof? watch what happens when people stop acting fake and get real heavily scripted even by reality show standards

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Are they any plans to get any of the Nitros on this service? That's the only way I'd be willing to pay $10 for this.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Are they any plans to get any of the Nitros on this service? That's the only way I'd be willing to pay $10 for this.

Nitros will be on it, yes. They're building a show around it.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Batista posted:

Sweet, well take my money Vince!

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Nobody is sure, but you would be lucky to get one Nitro a week on the network considering how few hours of old programming they are putting on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

All the weeklies are going to go up as a bunch of stuff every month that gets replaced next month, same as Classics on Demand used to do. So you'll get one or two Raws and Nitros a month, then the next few the next month.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Batista posted:

I'm really looking forward to the Monday Night War show since recent documentaries I've watched seemed to be pretty honest about WCW beating the hell out of WWF in the ratings wars.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

First PPV I'm watching is Canadian Stampede.

Or rather, the main event of Canadian Stampede :allears:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

VogeGandire posted:

I still get goosebumps over the Hart family's entrance. Right down to Bulldog clapping along to Owen's theme.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Expect me to have an austism level meltdown if they use the VHS version of the PPVs and not the original feeds. Or, even worse, the loving 24/7 edits.

Kinda bummed their not offering on the AppleTV at launch but between the 360 and the Roku.

They also dodged a bullet by this not being on a PPV:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtsyyn_chris-candido-vs-jamie-dundee-ecw-5-14-98_sport

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

coconono posted:

Kinda bummed their not offering on the AppleTV at launch but between the 360 and the Roku.

I thought it was, only that they couldn't say anything besides iOS devices in the advertising?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Call Me Charlie posted:

I thought it was, only that they couldn't say anything besides iOS devices in the advertising?

Its different from the iOS stuff(you only get whatever apps Apple packages in the updates) and I can't see Apple running out an update just to deploy the WWE Network.

I'm gonna replace it anyway because the thing is acting like a turd everytime I try to stream my NJPW iPPVs.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Skinty McEdger posted:

I still get goosebumps over the Hart family's entrance. Right down to Bulldog clapping along to Owen's theme.

The pop when Bret's music hits is one of the biggest pops in history. Every person in the crowd is on their feet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

coconono posted:

Its different from the iOS stuff(you only get whatever apps Apple packages in the updates) and I can't see Apple running out an update just to deploy the WWE Network.

I'm gonna replace it anyway because the thing is acting like a turd everytime I try to stream my NJPW iPPVs.

Aren't Roku's cheaper anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

It's not like the rest is anything to scoff at.