Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«334 »
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Two scoops of bullshit in every rovert post!

https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron...294105247657985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

quote:

Konnan, Rey Mysterio, Hector Garza, and Silver King face a team led by Chris Jericho in a bout from WCW’s unaired pilot ‘Festival de Lucha’.

How lovely was Jericho's team if they didn't even include the names

EDIT:

http://www.ddtdigest.com/updates/h0000165.htm

quote:

Konnan, Rey Misterio Jr., Hector Garza and Silver King beat Chris Jericho, Lenny Lane, Johnny Swinger and Norman Smiley

hahahahahahahahaha

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

At least he didn't have Benoit on there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

Buddy Rogers vs Ric Flair sounds great, shame it's only an excerpt

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

But First...We train!

Jerusalem posted:

Buddy Rogers vs Ric Flair sounds great, shame it's only an excerpt

Another mark against your mod reign J-Ru

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Lenny Lane and Norman Smiley were pretty good, not a Sara Del Rey level talent but up there

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Smiley at least makes sense when you remember that he has a bunch of experience working with lucha guys, Swinger being there is a baffler other than "he's under contract and he was lucid when we asked him to do it".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

It's telling that this is the first time in history WWE Network has scooped the DJ Ran Position on a piece of WCW History.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waltman vs Lynn sounds like it'd be great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

Waltman vs Lynn sounds like it'd be great.

It's really good.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006
I claim victory over myprotein. Ordered Ł70 worth of Whey and Vitimins because they had a good deal on. They shipped it next day signed delivery, although the courier decided to just leave it on my front porch for the world to see and didn't get it signed.

Told them I never got it, they sent out the same package again. Easy.

I remember the Leviathan Vs Lesnar match in OVW from my old tape trading days.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Are Austin and WWE on the outs? It's been ages since the last podcast.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

magnum_valentino posted:

Are Austin and WWE on the outs? It's been ages since the last podcast.

Was the Dean podcast the last one he did? Nobody came out of that looking great. I can't remember if the Mick/Shane one was before or after that.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

Was the Dean podcast the last one he did? Nobody came out of that looking great. I can't remember if the Mick/Shane one was before or after that.

Mick and Shane was earlier, I think. God that Ambrose podcast was awkward.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Tuesday in Texas matters so little they forgot to even give timestamps for one of the matches.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

How do I watch last night's Talking Smack? It's not attached to the PPV or on the regular list of Talking Smack episodes.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

magnum_valentino posted:

How do I watch last night's Talking Smack? It's not attached to the PPV or on the regular list of Talking Smack episodes.

Go to the PPV's section and it's a separate thing in there.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Thanks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It's really good.

I'll ask you since you tend to know these things - did the "indy standoff" sequence originate with Lynn and Waltman's matches? Someone asked me recently and that's the earliest I can remember it happening.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

EugeneJ posted:

I'll ask you since you tend to know these things - did the "indy standoff" sequence originate with Lynn and Waltman's matches? Someone asked me recently and that's the earliest I can remember it happening.

I remember seeing it in a Japanese juniors match earlier but I'd bet that is where the sequence got started in the US. Waltman and Lynn had a huge influence on the 2000s indie workrate generation, both through their matches together and working with the guys as they came up.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Lenny Lane and Norman Smiley were pretty good, not a Sara Del Rey level talent but up there

Norman Smiley was a huge guilty pleasure of mine during WCW's short-lived Hardcore Title era with the shoulder pads and the dancing and the insanity.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

No need to feel guilty pleasuring yourself to Norman smiley.

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Looks like the latest update for the iPhone app includes Chromecast support (finally!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

ftwtom posted:

Looks like the latest update for the iPhone app includes Chromecast support (finally!)

Holy poo poo, it's about time. Hopefully the Android chromecast update isn't far behind.

«334 »