Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«338 »
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

So opened up the Network at 7 PM central and it was playing a 1999 Smackdown, and a ticker said it was for "Flashback Fridays". How long has this been a thing? Because I miss when they randomly played old poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The flashback Fridays branding is new, but they started doing old Raw and Smackdowns a month or so ago.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

So opened up the Network at 7 PM central and it was playing a 1999 Smackdown, and a ticker said it was for "Flashback Fridays". How long has this been a thing? Because I miss when they randomly played old poo poo.

They just started it today but it's gonna be a weekly deal. Today was a DX tribute.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They just started it today but it's gonna be a weekly deal. Today was a DX tribute.

DX is a faction that is finally getting more and more recognition these days

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Kanye West - Touch the Sky

Sigma posted:

DX is a faction that is finally getting more and more recognition these days

They kinda started the "Attitude Era", is what i'm hearing!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

My favorite DX moment was when Hunter and Shawn bumped into Eric Bischoff backstage, and Bischoff said,"You know, I always thought of DX as a cheap knock-off of the nWo". He walks away, Shawn turns and asks HHH if that is true, and HHH replies,"I'm not gonna lie to you Shawn...." and walks away as well.

St Evan Echoes
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Last night I watched the Raw from February 7th 2000. It was a really good show and the last 20 minutes is maybe my favourite Raw segment ever

it's the DX/Radicals v Too Cool/Rock/Cactus 10 man with the return of Kane

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That match just loving rules

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

watching the attitude era for the first time, its's kinda amazing how little HHH has to do with any of it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Seams posted:

watching the attitude era for the first time, its's kinda amazing how little HHH has to do with any of it.

He was the champion for much of the year (with most of the main event storylines focused on him) for over a year during the hottest point of the era.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

But First...We train!

Jerusalem posted:

That match just loving rules

It does its got everything from hot crowd to the ending stinger with kane coming back was real magic and shame it can never really be shown on anything other than the network as it involves benoit.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

The Croc posted:

It does its got everything from hot crowd to the ending stinger with kane coming back was real magic and shame it can never really be shown on anything other than the network as it involves benoit.

I remember there was a website back then that would upload the highlights from RAW every week as SUPER COMPRESSED Real Player files

I specifically remember having that match downloaded in dogshit quality for years because it was so good and I would watch it all the time

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite DX moment was when Hunter and Shawn bumped into Eric Bischoff backstage, and Bischoff said,"You know, I always thought of DX as a cheap knock-off of the nWo". He walks away, Shawn turns and asks HHH if that is true, and HHH replies,"I'm not gonna lie to you Shawn...." and walks away as well.

Bischoff had a few fun character moments. I always enjoyed it whenever he'd briefly grow a spine and stand up to a heel because they got a little too familiar. He's fine in small doses, he knows how to heel.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Bischoff had a few fun character moments. I always enjoyed it whenever he'd briefly grow a spine and stand up to a heel because they got a little too familiar. He's fine in small doses, he knows how to heel.

"Whether it lasts 3 years, 3 months, or 3 minutes........ wait a minute? Did I just hear myself say...... 3 minutes? "

dont even fink about it
Oct 9, 2005

The right reading for this is the one I'm giving.

Jerusalem posted:

"Whether it lasts 3 years, 3 months, or 3 minutes........ wait a minute? Did I just hear myself say...... 3 minutes? "

This is the 2002iest thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4mrRVBt71M

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seeing Stephanie actually react and sell people getting one over on her (plus taking a bump!) is actually kinda surreal to see.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

But First...We train!

Jerusalem posted:

Seeing Stephanie actually react and sell people getting one over on her (plus taking a bump!) is actually kinda surreal to see.

She saves that for the grandest stage of them all now

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

He was the champion for much of the year (with most of the main event storylines focused on him) for over a year during the hottest point of the era.

sorry, what i meant to say is up to the point i'm up to. in the middle of 1999 is HHH is basically still just a mid to upper card guy in a stable, which is what he's been since the attitude era began.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

I've just made my tri-monthly or whatever return to the WWE Network for Takeover/SummerSlam weekend, what's been really good on the Network since about Wrestlemania or so? I saw most of the big "PPV" matches already.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

NXT has been good.

S2 of Southpaw just went up on youtube.

That's pretty much it? The Mae Young Classic starts next week

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Me uni a la Revolucion #RXT

el sabe ...

Edit: didn't read the whole post

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Kanye West - Touch the Sky

you should watch Clash of the Champions XVII from 1991 WCW

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

#1 CAPITALS FAN
Available on the App Store

You should watch NWO Souled Out 1997

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

try the new taco place posted:

I've just made my tri-monthly or whatever return to the WWE Network for Takeover/SummerSlam weekend, what's been really good on the Network since about Wrestlemania or so? I saw most of the big "PPV" matches already.

There was a UK network special on a few months ago, and the Chicago takeover was also very good.

«338 »