Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«343 »
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Yeah, it is. Isn't it?

Bowties are cool.

Phenix Rising posted:

I haven't seen it in a while but now I'm curious - are they actually building a robot in the intro or are they, in fact, building The Mothership?

Just rewatched it, they are, in fact, building a wrestlebot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

It's OK to beat your wife if she's drunk

wasn't there an episode of Saturday Night that was pre-empted by baseball, and supposedly had a good Ric Flair-Alex Wright match?

I remember for years tape traders were trying to find that from European broadcasts because the US version never aired

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Kanye West - Touch the Sky

I can't decide if the cyber WCW SN set is the greatest studio set in the history of studio shows or the worst.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

When will WCW Power Hour hit the network dammit

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Need the one where dusty would moo every episode because it had a milk sponsorship or something

Doc Morbid
Jan 6, 2011

I enjoy metal because of its dark, creepy, intense aesthetic.

Why did they bother editing out Jericho's middle finger to Michaels during the latter's Mania 19 entrance? They even kept in the commentary describing a "classless act by Jericho", but the camera just focuses on Michaels. I actually had to go back and check if I had somehow missed it, because for some reason Jericho flipping off Michaels during the entrance is one of those things about this show I remember clearly even after 15 years, and for a second there I thought I had imagined it.

I'd kinda understand this if they had also edited Stone Cold's double bird salutes, but those are still there.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Watching Thunder 69 right now at the recommendation of the thread and I can't stop laughing at the dialtone coming through on the phone as Nash pretends to talk on it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Phenix Rising posted:

Watching Thunder 69 right now at the recommendation of the thread and I can't stop laughing at the dialtone coming through on the phone as Nash pretends to talk on it.

FLAVORS

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

They started uploading WCW Saturday Night

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Kanye West - Touch the Sky

There's so many switches from it being lovely to being awesome but 90s pre-Hogan WCWSN is one of my favorite national promotion runs ever

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sometimes on a Saturday evening I'll be sitting home alone and just get this feeling of sadness and go fire up some questionable wrestling and watch for a couple of hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Morbid
Jan 6, 2011

I enjoy metal because of its dark, creepy, intense aesthetic.

Going into Unforgiven 2001, I thought the horrible screaming CGI triple-Austin face on the poster and the intro would be the most terrifying thing about this show. I'm not so sure anymore, judging from the way my ears are bleeding after that... unique opening performance of America the Beautiful (this was the first PPV after 9/11, so they obviously went full 'MURICA here and I'm not blaming them, but they maybe could've found someone less... intense to perform the song).

...Hold on, is this also the show with Taker & Kane vs. KroniK? Or was that at No Mercy? I forget.

edit: This was indeed the show with the infamous Brothers of Destruction/KroniK match and, honestly, I expected something much shittier based on its reputation. Yeah, it was definitely a bad match, but I've seen far worse over the years.

e2: Man, say what you will about the InVasion storyline, but most of the in-ring stuff is really loving solid and Vince would kill for these crowd reactions nowadays. Also, the opening video package for Survivor Series '01 is great and actually makes the Alliance look like a threat, unlike everything else involving this angle.

Doc Morbid fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2018 around 22:07

«343 »