Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cyron posted:

I want to watch a post attitude era royal rumble, what is one of the better ones?

I asked that a few days ago in the main WWE discussion thread, the answers were 04, 05, 07 and 08.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
2004 is the one "sir no longer exist" won right I may check that one out, no clue on 2007 or 2008.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nice!

Cyron posted:

I want to watch a post attitude era royal rumble, what is one of the better ones?

The ones listed are correct, my personal fave is probably 07

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Cyron posted:

I would pick 2008.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Sweet. I always wanted to see all of ECW from start to finish. Although I guess "start," would be Douglas' big throwing down on the NWA belt which won't be there.

Won't it? Why?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
2010 is really good too.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

magnum_valentino posted:

Won't it? Why?

I dunno, I just assumed it was on some NWA show that might not be on the Network and I guess I also assumed that Hardcore TV wouldn't recap it happening because a "The Story So Far," vinette didn't seem like the ECW style. Then again according to wikipedia ECW's TV show existed for like a full year before Douglas threw down the belt in 94, so who knows.

Also, come on, Rumble 2002! So unappreciated...

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Sweet. I always wanted to see all of ECW from start to finish. Although I guess "start," would be Douglas' big throwing down on the NWA belt which won't be there.

That's already on the Network.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31356101

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Cyron posted:

2004 is the one "sir no longer exist" won right I may check that one out, no clue on 2007 or 2008.

The Rumble got to 29 entrants (it started with number 2 in an administrative oversight) and Big Show, who could have won, sort of leaned over the top rope, and eventually tumbled out to eliminate himself and thus leave the spot vacant. The next night, HBK would practice a superkick in the ring to show how fitting he is as a challenger for HHH's title, then signs the contract which is right there in front of him.

The main event of WM that year was weird anyway. HHH willingly relinquished the belt, only for Orton to sort of, a long time later, appear at Summerslam to pick it up after practicing in the ring on his own, and thus easily claiming the title.

That is a good Rumble, watch it!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Chris Benoit won the 2004 Royal Rumble sorry you guys have brain damage(like Chris Benoit).

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Is subscribing to the Network through Apple TV/iTunes supposed to be a nightmare hellish experience? I subscribed through it yesterday. I'm away from home today/tonight so I was going to watch the Rumble on my laptop. I go to log in and it says I don't have an active account. The subscription manager for iTunes on my phone says I have an active subscription, but again, I can't log in to the network through the app on my phone. I call WWE Network tech support and they say that I don't have an active subscription despite me telling them that I subscribed yesterday and even watched programming. The solution I was given was to go to the WWE Network website and sign up using a credit card (a.k.a. paying twice for the same month).

It's pretty ridiculous that the iTunes billing and Network accounts don't sync up automatically, or at the very least that the option isn't present to sync the accounts manually.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The 1994 King of the Ring was much better than I expected. I think I keep watching this period because I'm waiting for when they really get desperate and lovely, but despite this having a main event of Lawler vs. Piper (though this may have been before Piper's hip surgery since he's still kinda mobile) it's well-booked and has a lot of good matches. Art Donovan not knowing anything about pro wrestling is also fairly amusing (seriously they could have at least handed him a crib sheet or something.)

Also this is Kevin Nash's hair at its finest.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Maxwell Lord posted:

The 1994 King of the Ring was much better than I expected. I think I keep watching this period because I'm waiting for when they really get desperate and lovely, but despite this having a main event of Lawler vs. Piper (though this may have been before Piper's hip surgery since he's still kinda mobile) it's well-booked and has a lot of good matches. Art Donovan not knowing anything about pro wrestling is also fairly amusing (seriously they could have at least handed him a crib sheet or something.)

Also this is Kevin Nash's hair at its finest.

I'm not far away from that now, but 94 is pretty rough going unless you're watching the top guys. What sticks out now though is that the roster is incredibly thin, that can be the only reason The Bushwhackers are still around. As I type this it's JJ (Who's already dead in the water) against KOKO B WARE.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ride Along is excellent and Big E's flexibility is terrifying.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Ride Along is excellent and Big E's flexibility is terrifying.

Is it a good "put on to listen to while I do something else" program or does it need to actually be watched?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Is it a good "put on to listen to while I do something else" program or does it need to actually be watched?

It's the perfect show to just listen to, I'd say. Just a bunch of entertaining people trying to entertain each other on long car rides, so it's mostly just a lot of laid-back jokes and stories. Big E's flexibility towards the end is certainly a sight though.

e: They do show a couple of cool pictures and video clips that you'll miss, though.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 27, 2016

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Hi guys, apologies to ask a question that I'm sure has been asked before but I recently watched the Royal Rumble and it reignited my love for all things wrestling, so naturally I've just subscribed to the WWE Network.

I haven't watched wrestling actively for about a decade, what shows should I watch to get myself back into it? I have no idea of current storylines/roster beyond what I picked up from the rumble. I opened WWE Network up expecting it to just be Raw/Smackdown but there's loads on there and WCW/ECW! Brilliant, but I'm quite overwhelmed.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bloodbath posted:

Hi guys, apologies to ask a question that I'm sure has been asked before but I recently watched the Royal Rumble and it reignited my love for all things wrestling, so naturally I've just subscribed to the WWE Network.

I haven't watched wrestling actively for about a decade, what shows should I watch to get myself back into it? I have no idea of current storylines/roster beyond what I picked up from the rumble. I opened WWE Network up expecting it to just be Raw/Smackdown but there's loads on there and WCW/ECW! Brilliant, but I'm quite overwhelmed.

You can pretty much watch the last two Wrestlemanias to see where we're at storyline-wise. They are also as I recall very good shows.

If you want excellent wrestling, that's NXT, particularly the specials.

The really good poo poo I think is 2001 WWF (the main events, anyway).

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Ride along is brilliant I really want to go on a road trip with New day now :shepface:

Looking forward to seeing who we get next

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

VoLaTiLe posted:

Ride along is brilliant I really want to go on a road trip with New day now :shepface:

Looking forward to seeing who we get next

Just had a look at the ads and they show at least Renee Young/Summer Rae/R-Truth (is it him? Got to be, but he looks kinda weird), Sheamus/Barrett, Paige/Fox, the Bellas and Naomi/Jimmy. Should be some fun ones in there, but this first episode set the bar pretty high with New Day and The Miz

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bloodbath posted:

The major storyline that's going on is Roman Reigns vs the Authority, which has basically been going since just before Wrestlemania 30. (We're heading for Wrestlemania 32 now). I'll do a more detailed rundown of it when I get off work tonight, since it really has been a great feud.

You might want to watch NXT Takeover as well, it's something like 4 times a year show that WWE's developmental/indy brand puts on, and generally is very good to great.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
NXT Takeover: Brooklyn is the best show WWE put on in 2015.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I watched Royal Rumble with a buddy of mine who hasn't really watched Wrestling in many years because he was stoked Triple H is the new Champion just like the old days. He only vaguely knows the current guys through occasional checking of news websites. He had a blast and is eager to watch Fastlane and Wrestlemania with me now. He liked basically every wrestler and match on the card, so I guess the Rumble did a good job of putting everyone in it over.

He also flipped out of Edge and Christian's show, and then the New Day match happened right after the commercial and he immediately made the connection so they're his favorites now. It's so nice to watch a really good PPV with a lapsed fan and see them get all excited for wrestling again.

(He agreed with me Roman looked like a wimp for walking out after the beatdown though)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn is the best show WWE put on in 2015.

It was certainly an EVENT. But NXT Respect is far more consistent and tighter. A better show.

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 27, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sanguinia posted:

It's already there, iirc, I watched it like a month ago

e: I need learn read gud.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm excited to see a ECW Hardcord TV episode from 99 that I went to. It was in Louisiana and I remember seeing myself in the crowd when I finally caught it on syndication. Rhino and Dreamer were fighting through the crowd and Dreamer hit Rhino with a Pepsi cup which then flew into the air and landed on my head. Great times.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I recommend Smackdown from 02. It's all good.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

rovert posted:

He was certainly an EVENT. But NXT Respect is far more consistent and tighter. A better show.

Translation: Takeover Respect has less Blue Pants, therefore rovert likes it more.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Who?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Ride Along is a good show. It's really just another form of Table for 3 though, but in a car setting.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

rovert posted:

He was certainly an EVENT.

What the gently caress does this even mean?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

That it was NXT's best event in terms of crowd and atmosphere but not in terms of match quality. Just a typo of "He" instead of "It"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There was only one match where the heels won on Brooklyn and Respect, and the heels ended up losing in the end anyway. NXT shows leave you feeling good because the good guys win

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

St Evan Echoes posted:

That it was NXT's best event in terms of crowd and atmosphere but not in terms of match quality. Just a typo of "He" instead of "It"

Thank you. It's often difficult to finish reading rovert posts because my nose starts bleeding.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He's right tho. The only thing that R:ESPECT doesn't have going for it is that the main event, while great, is redundant from a storyline standpoint and isn't as good as the last match with the same participants (that's almost the case with Brooklyn's main but Owens / Balor in Japan was better imo). R:ESPECT made Gable / Jordan, the Mechanics, and Asuka (though Asuka basically made herself), made it cool to like Baron Corbin and Dana Brooke, and provided feel-good moments in Cody's speech and Sasha's farewell. And everyone on the card works their asses off. It owns top to bottom.
s

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The last 3 Takeovers were all very very good from an in-ring perspective. Respect and Brooklyn are pretty much on a par IMO, and London was a little bit behind (it was mostly carried by the opener and main event)

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

St Evan Echoes posted:

The last 3 Takeovers were all very very good from an in-ring perspective. Respect and Brooklyn are pretty much on a par IMO, and London was a little bit behind (it was mostly carried by the opener and main event)

Agreed, but I give the edge to Brooklyn over Respect because Bayley's win in front of NXT's to-date biggest crowd ever was amazing.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Agreed, but I give the edge to Brooklyn over Respect because Bayley's win in front of NXT's to-date biggest crowd ever was amazing.

They blew the roof off the Barclay's Center after Bailey's win so badly that there's still cranes outside putting new roofing on top of it.

(They actually haven't finished construction on the Barclay's complex yet, which is kinda funny.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It's Bayley!