Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have problems rarely enough that I'm annoyed when it happens. It's not common at all for me using an AppleTV4 (or even a 3 when I was using that) or the Android TV app on my TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Except it isn't because nearly every PPV has lags, interruptions and sometimes complete service drops from time to time.

I have watched every PPV live and almost never had problems.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I have watched every PPV live and almost never had problems.

I mean, that's good, but in every ppv thread there are tons of people complaining about the stream quality and drop outs.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Well maybe there are lots watching on a lovely connection

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The first couple years of Network were really dodgy in my experience to the point where I quit because it was so lovely. Now it's a good service.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I've never had a problem. I signed up at the start and Mania that year was fine. I stopped my sub summertime 2015 and picked it up again in January and have yet to have a drop out.

Upgrade your poverty internet

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've used it on a ton of devices and the only thing I ever had a problem on was PS3

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thrifting Day! posted:

I'll pop this in a letter to the government of various countries, I'm sure it will get them working on infrastructure rather than lining their own pockets, TIA

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i haven't had a problem on roku since the first couple of months although i do have pretty good internet

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

I mean, that's good, but in every ppv thread there are tons of people complaining about the stream quality and drop outs.

You're not wrong but that's not necessarily the Network's fault. Even when I've had net issues, the Network has dealt with them reasonably well for me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have maybe one drop out every 2 or 3 shows and it's not even a disruption of the stream. The picture quality just drops for like 3 seconds.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I have garbage internet and the live shows are still great. Occasionally while watching archived content I get booted out and refreshing says the content cannot be found for a few minutes, not sure if this is a network issue or something on my end, but otherwise 0 problems.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Thrifting Day! posted:

I've never had a problem. I signed up at the start and Mania that year was fine. I stopped my sub summertime 2015 and picked it up again in January and have yet to have a drop out.

I've got the best I can get here which is 50mbps up/down. I guess it could well be xfinity throttling it but everything else works flawlessly so I dunno.

Counterfeit
May 20, 2007

Platypus Farm posted:

I've got the best I can get here which is 50mbps up/down. I guess it could well be xfinity throttling it but everything else works flawlessly so I dunno.

I don't believe it's you. I'd kill for 50mbps from where I'm from, but I'll have the network erroring out every hour or so during a live PPV, and it gets worse during the main event. Watching 205 Live gives me no problems though. And for some reason when I watch old PPVs, it'll buffer at about a 1:1 ratio. Meaning I'll have to pause it for 5-10 minutes to be able to watch 5-10 minutes of it being interrupted.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I've only had some minor buffering issues, and usually only during the Rumble or WrestleMania. Usually resolves itself pretty quickly.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The only problem I've had was the app (on Apple TV) crashing when Roman showed up as #30 at the Rumble this year.

Not sure I'd really call that a "problem". Just went to bed then, having enjoyed what I saw.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Going through raw in order, I'm in 1994 now. I forgot how funny KWANG was

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best part of Kwang was Raven as Johnny Polo on commentary yelling "KWANNNNNNGGGGG!!!!" every time he showed up.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

The best part of Kwang was Raven as Johnny Polo on commentary yelling "KWANNNNNNGGGGG!!!!" every time he showed up.

Haha oh poo poo yeah that's great. Especially when Vince follows it up with an "Oh I see"

Really though kwang is just hilarious. Giant mortal kombat ninja costume that he takes off to reveal..........ANOTHER NINJA COSTUME! Also, him being savio vega is wonderful

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Does it rhyme with Hang or Song? I've never heard it said. I imagine Hang, but that's the NI accent I suppose.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

magnum_valentino posted:

Does it rhyme with Hang or Song? I've never heard it said. I imagine Hang, but that's the NI accent I suppose.

Its just like the brain from ninja turtles, just with a W instead of an R. So... yeah rhymes with hang.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I think traditional cable gave me more glitches than live Network PPVs. But ymmv of course.

Remember how, when all this Network business started, everyone was so certain that they wouldn't include Wrestlemania in subsequent years? And it was understood that they would rotate a bunch of content OUT every month or so? The Network is really good y'all.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Remember when you couldn't get it in Canada without tying it to a ridiculous cable subscription and everyone had to make fake American accounts to get it properly?

Oh... wait. poo poo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like how there are two RAWs after Wrestlemania XI where Vince and Jerry Lawler are clearly in front of a green screen superimposed on the crowd of wherever they were taping.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Got an email this morning saying Chromecast is now officially supported.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm watching random stuff on the Network and Halloween Havoc '92 is in Philly and the crowd is smarky even then, it's goddamn hilarious. Highlights include a heel team of Arn Anderson,, Beautiful Bobby Eaton, and Michael P.S. Hayes getting cheered to hell above a generic-rear end face team including, even more hilariously, Shane Douglas, and a sizable section of people chanting "Cincinnati Sucks!" loudly at Brian Pillman.

Also a do-rag clad Teddy Long in then NWA champion Masahiro Chono's locker room for an interview in which he moves to pronounce Masahiro for a brief moment, mentally says "gently caress it" and just says Chono instead.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 19, 2017

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Just read that Alexa and Becky travel together so where's that Ride Along?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

2012 NXT is now up

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Hasn't leaked yet

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I like ride along but I'm like 90% sure the majority of it are either people that don't usually ride together for real or they feed them lines and bullshit to talk about

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

End of March 1987, 1 hour 20 minutes into NWA World Championship Wrestling, the end of the main event.

:aaa::hf::mmmhmm:

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Dammit, read the time wrong. Did I miss anything good in the first hour? And is there a trick to get the play from start button to work?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gypsyshred posted:

Dammit, read the time wrong. Did I miss anything good in the first hour? And is there a trick to get the play from start button to work?

For Takeover? You should be able to jump back on the red scroll bar.

Every match has been great so far, thread is here

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I hate (at least on the roku) how the show always cuts off the last 30 minutes of the end. I missed the first hour of the show. When I got home, I started from the beginning but it only showed an hour of the show left after the first match so I have to watch the end (and I am glad I did since Roosevelt/Nakamura took us even longer than that hour would have covered).

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Signed up for the 3-month trial - the live stream works fine, but I can't get any of the Vault content to load (using Chrome on Windows 10). Tried disabling ublock, but it's still just a spinning circle for all the archived videos.

Any ideas?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

EugeneJ posted:

Signed up for the 3-month trial - the live stream works fine, but I can't get any of the Vault content to load (using Chrome on Windows 10). Tried disabling ublock, but it's still just a spinning circle for all the archived videos.

Any ideas?

Try a different browser. The wife and I use (of all things) Edge on Win 10 when we're watching anything off the Network on a PC.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
For the first time probably ever I'm getting issues on the network. Trying to watch the NXT show and twice now I've had an issue where it's gone to black, loaded up a Snickers sponsors Wrestlemania screen and then the feed has jumped back about 45 minutes.

Then that gets sorted and i either get a quality drop or that issue where it'll jump back about 5 seconds.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Kvantum posted:

Try a different browser. The wife and I use (of all things) Edge on Win 10 when we're watching anything off the Network on a PC.

Yeah, for whatever reason, I can't run anything but the main live stream in Chrome. It'll work once or twice if I clear the cache but then it's just the loading circle.

Works fine in Firefox :shrug:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
What other extensions do you have in Chrome? I had a similar issue with Chrome. I can't remember the culprit but I think it was Privacy Badger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
network has pc chromecast support now, in case you were waiting for forever for that to be an option, like this intrepid poster