Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cardboard Box posted:

Over the Limit 2012

And MitB 2012 (No DQ w/ special ref AJ :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
For people looking for NXT, theres a ton on Hulu.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I skimmed through episode 2 of Raw in 1993, and they kept in the ICOPRO and Slim Jim ads which is awesome

Also it has the Undertaker & Paul Bearer promo on Headlock on Hunger which I've been looking for for like a year

E: I was really looking forward to WM Rewind, but I'm not bothering if it's like episode 1's "Current performers born in the mid to late 80s commenting on Wrestlemania 1 and 1985 pop culture like they were there"

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 27, 2014

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Anyone have any luck with VOD on Roku? I get about 3 minutes into an event, then a socket error and kicked out to the preview screen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm rewatching The Shield's debut match and I realized the moment I fell in love with Roman Reigns and wanted him to be awesome (which he is).

"GET UP FOOLS! THIS MY TABLE NOW!"

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Deadpool posted:

It's music rights because Rolin' is pretty drat loud during that whole period. But it's probably also a victim of Classics on Demand editing because Insurrextion 2001 has that music on the Network.

Rollin was loud and clear during Takers entrance for me, but I got the muted postmatch as well. If its music rights related, they didn't do a very good job of it

Evilosity
Apr 20, 2007

It's like velocity, except evil. Seriously.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Anyone have any luck with VOD on Roku? I get about 3 minutes into an event, then a socket error and kicked out to the preview screen.

I'm getting the same issue here on my Roku 3. Switched to my ps3 and the vod is flawless.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

And MitB 2012 (No DQ w/ special ref AJ :v:)

that match was a lot less good because of that last bit

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Edit: I love the names of the Smackdown shows though. "Goatface Killah", "The Beard Rebounds", "On the Rhodes Again", "Wyatt Family Matters".

Haha what, I didn't even know they named Smackdown episodes and that they are all corny as poo poo like that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

MITB 2011, SummerSlam 2011, Whichever One Had Bryan, Survivor Series 2012, maybe Royal Rumble 2012?

e: 2/25/13 Raw, SummerSlam 2013, WM29

The Raw match is worth watching just to see a piledriver and Cena doing a hurricanrana.

KungFu Grip posted:

Haha what, I didn't even know they named Smackdown episodes and that they are all corny as poo poo like that.

They named the Raw episodes from the last few years too. Get back to 98 though and it's just "Raw 247".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KungFu Grip posted:

They've named them a long time. They're just usually never seen. I remember watching the satellite feeds of Smackdown early and they'd usually have a title.

Like this.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
Just want to say that the PS4 VOD's have been working flawlessly. Seeking works extremely quickly, VOD's load up in seconds, not a single buffer or stutter in the last 10 PPV's I've tried. About drat time! All that's left is to get rid of those wonky noises when scrolling through the shows. Maybe a search function and a chapter skip option as well, and I'll have zero complaints.

To the guy who recommended Summerslam 2002 to me a few pages back, thank you. What a fantastic card, from beginning to end.

Serf Surviving fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 27, 2014

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

TUS posted:

Finally got TLC 12 up and running! :woop: I just wanted to see how The Shield vs Hell No/Ryback stacked up against The Shield vs Wyatts. (Answer is that they are both amazing matches)

I've been trying to watch this since launch and it worked flawlessly finally on the iPad tonight. Was able to skip right to it with no issues at all or even a loss of quality at any point. Seconding the amazingness of the match.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Guilty as Charged 1999 was the one where Joel Gertner talks about making Minnie Mouse's panties wet and filling Daisy Duck full of cream. It might be the greatest Joel Gertner promo ever. If that's not there, then that's just more proof that WWE Network isn't for me.

I read on another forum that Shane giving the middle finger at SS98 is blurred and Jericho now comes out to his WWE theme in WCW. I'd rather stick to my VHS collection than have censoring and altered music.

As I said earlier I pulled up GAC 99 with the intent to watch this promo and see the Dudleys vs. New Jack and Spike and for whatever reason it's been edited out of the show.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
Playing around with some of the features, I noticed this. If you turn the captions on, every mention of WWF is captioned WWE. Every time someone says World Wrestling Federation, it's captioned World Wrestling Entertainment.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Bash At The Beach 2000 is magic. :allears:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Any reason for the video to lag behind the audio and jump suddenly? Using Firefox because it won't work in Chrome.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

does the same thing on mine with just about everything. even had some problems on the live stream for the first time trying to watch the royal rumble at 9:00. i wonder what the deal is

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just got some email saying they were doing maintenance on the On Demand stuff

quote:

We are doing maintenance in order to deliver you a better experience when playing video on demand. During this process, you may experience errors when trying to watch video on demand over the next few hours. We expect this to be resolved by tomorrow morning. The live “OnNow” channel will not be effected. We invite you to enjoy watching video on demand on other devices including desktops, laptops, tablets or mobile phones.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kwik posted:

Playing around with some of the features, I noticed this. If you turn the captions on, every mention of WWF is captioned WWE. Every time someone says World Wrestling Federation, it's captioned World Wrestling Entertainment.

Legally they can't produce new content that says WWF. They're probably just covering their asses in case someone tries to say interns doing closed captioning is new content.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, that's why when they did that crappy Attitude Era DVD a year or so ago the old footage was uncensored, but every interview said WWE and the F on the logo on the box had DX spraypaint over it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I decided to put on Souled Out 2000 and it has my favorite milestone I've seen so far with "Billy Kidman wins due to technicality" for when Dean Malenko forgets the rules of the match and rolls out to the floor.

It's also a good illustration of the way that they're leaving Benoit footage on shows but never acknowledging him ever: there's no milestone for his title match with Sid.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Potentially good news for archive content at the end of today's Observer:

quote:

There is talk of releasing the entire old collection of Madison Square Garden house shows on the network in several months. One of the things about this is that it’s not like you just punch a button and you put things on. The process of getting the stuff ready is time consuming, but that is at least an idea on the drawing board.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I'd rather have more classic TV shows than MSG house shows, but that's potentially neat.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think a bigger reason they say WWE in the talking heads stuff is for branding purposes anyway. WWF is dead to them.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The wrestler specific specials are gonna be on the network, right? Would be cool to catch up on some of the DVD box sets I missed out on. Heard the Austin one was good.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

So, streaming works flawlessly on my computer/PS3. But whenever I try to watch the network on my android phone, it says it can't reliably determine my location. Any idea why that is?

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005

Baby Babbeh posted:

So, streaming works flawlessly on my computer/PS3. But whenever I try to watch the network on my android phone, it says it can't reliably determine my location. Any idea why that is?

Go to developer options, uncheck Use Mock Locations (or something similar).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

89 posted:

The wrestler specific specials are gonna be on the network, right? Would be cool to catch up on some of the DVD box sets I missed out on. Heard the Austin one was good.

Yeah, they are being added as they air on the live feed. The Austin one is airing soon.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Watching one of the two Attitude Raws available (Austin Zamboni one) and out comes Tag Team Champions New Age Outlaws. Man it's crazy to think that they're entering Wrestlemania champions.

Also pretty sweet seeing a recently debuted Edge and a more recently debuted Christian.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Watching Fatal 4-Way and being reminded this was a surprisingly good PPV. Also Kofi was really loving over in 2010.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Deadpool posted:

They've named them a long time. They're just usually never seen. I remember watching the satellite feeds of Smackdown early and they'd usually have a title.

Like this.

If only they put up wild feed stuff on network, I didn't have many but I wish I kept my 3CD versions of Smackdown from 2001 where you'd get an extra hour of camera tests, dark matches, rehearsals and other bits.

VOD working far better for me this morning, but it's probably because the US is asleep and there's less strain on the CDN. I've only watched chunks of NXT before now (I should watch more, I know) but the This is NXT is a great primer, the Zayn/Cesaro match is incredible and it has me really hyped to see the NXT PPV tonight.

Keeping Raw/Smackdown primarily TV based is understandable, but I'm hoping the future pushes NXT to being primarily Network based. It's a great little promotion.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Are there issues with them putting up Nitros and Thunders? Hopefully that's something they're doing in the future.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Thauros posted:

Potentially good news for archive content at the end of today's Observer:

Awesome news, there's quite a few old MSG shows I'd like to see again.

EDIT: I wonder if the time comes to upload classic TV shows, if they'll be able to upload the AWA on ESPN shows. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they couldn't, but Shawn Michaels' first nationwide TV match would not be shown and it'd be a shame.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 27, 2014

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

BillyMays posted:

Are there issues with them putting up Nitros and Thunders? Hopefully that's something they're doing in the future.

I remember hearing how bad some of the WCW masters were damaged, but that's the only thing prohibiting them I imagine.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

BillyMays posted:

I imagine they're saving those for when their Monday Night War show starts airing. I hope so, at least.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

VOD is still solid for me this morning, although while watching Punk/Cena from RAW, it would randomly either fast forward 5 or so seconds ahead or the audio would rewind itself and the video would pause until they were synced up again. It didn't happen frequently enough to be annoying but the only time I've encountered it. This was on the PC, haven't tried anything on my PS3 this morning.

jcxx
Jun 1, 2004

For fans of tag-team wrestling, Great American Bash 92 is a must-see.

The Pillman/Liger vs. Koloff/Steamboat match is amazing. And a few more great tag-team matches in the same show.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I was getting the same thing yesterday during prime time. The upside of using Roku is that it lets you resume from (almost) where you fell out, but the downside is that every time you resume, it runs the content rating bumper each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

I imagine they're saving those for when their Monday Night War show starts airing. I hope so, at least.

My theory is that the reason they are waiting until the Summer to start the Monday Night Wars show (and likely to add the Nitros and attitude era Raws) is to ensure that they are retaining customers after their initial 6 month subscription is over.