Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I'm a UK viewer with a piece of poo poo computer. So I'm relying on my VPN and US Xbox account.

Any further developments on the status of it working on Xbox? I know they said March 3rd, but I'm really hoping before that so I can utilise the gently caress out of it this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is it working on the 360 yet? I can be bothered loading up the xbox to check

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Still no joy on Xbox 360 :(

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Oh good god it works, it finally works!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Noticed a few things about the 360 version already. No search function and the episode lists are all over the place. Strangely no Raw Episode 5, which is where I was up to.

I expect another update though, as I kinda think this was a quick update done to stop people complaining that it doesn't work.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is it just me or is there no WCW content on the xbox app?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Why did they cut JR talking about having his arm broken by Triple H on the previous RAW, on the networks cut of the first episode of Smackdown?

It's in the opening segment and Triple H's entrance just randomly cuts when he gets to the apron and suddenly he's in the ring. I youtubed it and literally the only thing that is said is JR talking about having his arm broke by HHH

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

During that era, just about every one of my forum names, AOL screen names and email addresses ended in "V1"

Infact, I still use one of the email addresses for buying stuff online :(

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

For some reason, having the WWE Network has made me download EWR and play an attitude era fantasy mod.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

there's still so much wrong with the xbox app, it's pretty clear they rushed out the update to fix the login issues. Which makes me worry as to when we'll get the rest.

- No Search
- No WCW at all (except some great American bash's)
- No ECW PPV
- It doesn't remember where you are. So, if you're a massive spastic like me and occasionally hit back by mistake, you need to fast forward all the way to where you were at and watch the content rating thing again.

That's just the main things I can think of.

Thrifting Day! fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 7, 2014

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

i get a weird thing on my Xbox where old stuff in 4:3 works fine for a while, then randomly zooms and shifts the picture to the right of the screen (leaving a massive gap on the left) then changes back after about a minute. it does this every so often

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I've let my trial expire and cancelled the account.

I imagine they are still a couple of weeks away from sorting out the kinks, especially with the xbox version. So I may aswell save one months worth of subscription and sign up before wrestlemania

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

My proudest moment as a 14 year old was trolling new jack on aim messenger

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Anyone else having server problems at the moment?

My xbox360 app hasn't worked for the live feed for like half an hour. Archive stuff seems to be fine though.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

have they mentioned anything about if shotgun Saturdays will go up? and the back catalog of superstars?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Finally reached Raw episode 11 and thus, no more Rob Bartlett. Thank gently caress

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Grey posted:

What are "Raw ring girls"?

The ring girls on Raw.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Am in the only one that thinks the free trial continued because WWE expected more people to sign up in week 1? Or even, they didn't expect many people to cancel!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

They've censored Mae Youngs tits in the Royal Rumble 00. Did that happen in the live feed? It's basically a big red "censored" cross across the screen.

I was twelve at the time and remember watching it live and waking my parents up at 2am from shrieking when she done it, I can't remember a censor.

Also, Royal Rumble 2000 is probably my favourite rumble next to '92

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I like that (for the time being anyways) they are treating Main Event as like a legitimate third tier show, rather than just am hour of jobbers Vs jobbers.

For instance tonight has Del Rio Vs Ziggler Vs Shemus. Then a title later on.

I don't imagine it will last though.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The live feed seems to be having problems at the moment. From what I can tell it's nothing to do with the actual network itself, but the camera feed keeps cutting out for a couple of seconds.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The countdown episode was really good, I'm just disappointed Shockmaster was #2 because I don't know a single wrestling fan who hasn't already seen that 500 times.

The $1Million mania giveaway must have happened during the 18 months or so around 2008/09 where I lost interest in Wrestling, because that was the first time I seen or even heard of that.

And how old does Sid look these days? Obviously he is ducking old but my god that surprised me.

The countdown program is my favourite thing about the network just now to be honest.

Next week is "Raw's greatest moments" for anybody that didn't know.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Am I the only one that's interest in wrestling has picked up again ten fold since the network launched?

I watched pretty much everything from around 1994 (when I was 6) up until around 2009. Used to be into the indies during its glory era in the mid noughties but then just stopped watching around 2009 for whatever reason.

Ever since I got SKY in 2011 I've been sort of back into it, I'd watch the major PPVs like mania and rumble and I'd record Raw but very rarely actually watch it.

But since the network launched it's like it's jump started my interest again. I've actually been watching Raw (incidentally though, it's terrible) and I've been watching at least an hour or two of the network a night after I get home from work.

Basically what I'm saying is that the network is loving awesome and it's only going to get better

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

simosimo posted:

Just signed up on a whim , I'm in the uk and I'm trying the wwe app and the 24/7 steam works fine! As does some content.

Is there some sort of VPN app that I can get on iOS so all the content works?

Google unblock-us .

I think you get a free trial for a week if you haven't used it before

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

simosimo posted:

I signed up to unblock us and set up my iPad and it still region blocks me, way to go. Why is region block a thing anyway, surely the more eyes and subscriptions on your product the better?

Have you entered the unblock-us DNS as the DNS connection on your iPad wifi connection?

I watch the network on my iphone by doing this

Settings>wifi>"whatever your connection is called">DNS

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

simosimo posted:

I never thought I'd be able to wake up and make breakfast while legally streaming wrestlemania in the background. Awesome. Does anyone in the uk remember the wrestling channel?

Yes I remember watching 23rd generation VHS rips of early TNA stretched to gently caress across my TV screen.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Bad Gandalf posted:

Not sure if is been posted already but the 360 app just got updated and a load of new content has been added. Not sure if it's fully up to date with the Web version but Elimination Chamber and all the roundtable stuff is there. It also seems to be slightly faster loading some of the interface stuff.

Was just coming in here to post that.

They've finally got round to fixing a lot of the annoying things that made the 360 app a lot worse than the other ways of viewing the network. It seems quicker, but then again I always seem to think that with any software update.

The first thing I've noticed is that they've finally changed the "next PPV" on the title screen to Wrestlemania rather than a picture of mark Henry and "feb 09 00:00 gmt" that's been there since launch.

Is there anywhere to see what the actual update contains?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Where can I find the Hall Of Fame replay on the Xbox app?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is last nights gimmicks countdown on demand yet? I fell asleep at number 4 and wish to watch the rest, but it wasn't there earlier. On the Xbox app anyway.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I agree entirely, I think they would lose much fewer subscribers if they raised the price to $15/mo as opposed to them moving Mania/Rumble off the network.

Why do people keep saying $15 dollars is fine? Do people honestly think that customers would just accept a 50% price increase inside the first year? Not even netflix have those size of balls.

Why would someone agree to paying an extra $60 a year, just ....... Because?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

titties posted:

Pricing is usually done by forecasting. Since forecasting relies on variables, it is (easily) possible to miss the mark. If a price increase from the initial price point is what is required to support the network's infrastructure and expenses without removing prime content like Wrestlemania, then that's what will happen. Most people wouldn't agree to an extra $60 / year "just because", but if it was what was necessary to maintain the feasibility of the network then it isn't really "just because".

But they literally couldn't justify a 50% increase.

"Oh hey guys, we made a mistake on the original price and it now actually costs $15 for us to make money, so, y'know, that's that"

They can't just add 5 dollars on and expect people to just pay it. Especially since their trying to build a customer base to begin with.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Wyatts Vs Shield should be fun as gently caress on Main Event tonight.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

But they literally could if research was done that justifies it. That's the point.

The belief by most is that a highly significant number of the 667k current subscribers are people who would likely pay 50% more for a service that offers all of what is offered now.

Again, if they feel that most Network subscribers are people who were already spending at least $180 annually on PPVs (let's face it, this is extremely likely), then those people are likely to maintain the subscription even if the price is raised. (for reference, $180 is the same as the cost of purchasing just Rumble, Mania and Summerslam in HD)

You are an absolute fool and I hope that business is not your career path.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

so you're saying there's no way they could get away with raising the price 50% if they did legitimate market research which indicated they could get away with raising the price 50%?

No. What I'm saying is the poster is basing his opinions of sweeping generalisations and nonsense.

Also, I'm pretty sure they done "legitimate market research" to come up with the current price so I fail to see how they would do it again and come up with a 50% increase for no extra return to the customer, 12 months down the line

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm intrigued if they'll have different content for different countries, as MLB can easily implement blackout functions. For example, here in the UK you have to be a Sky Sports subscriber at around $35/mo in order to watch Raw and Smackdown (it's not on basic cable), so I don't subscribe because it's not worth it to me - the only other thing they offer I care about is NFL and I buy GamePass for that with the money I save.

I don't know much about Sky's online services, but if WWE could get an agreement to put Raw/SD on Network in the UK 24 hours after it airs or something like that, that'd rule for people like me.

Sounds good in hindsight but that will never happen. I subscribe to SKY Sports mainly for football but I know a hell of a lot of people that only really watch WWE on SKY. So giving them the option to pay a tenner less a month with the Network to get raw/sd 24 hours later would mean a hell of a lot of subscribers cancelling. Especially since Raw is on at 3am on a Monday and most people won't watch it till almost a day later.

WWE is like their second highest rating puller after football and they're now paying WWE almost double what they were in the previous deal so it's make no sense for them. Especially since they've just lost the Champions League football to BT

A week after the broadcast? Possibly, still can't see it though as SKY are money grabbers.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

What's the next Countdown show about? It used to tell you at the end of every episode but the last two haven't :(

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The next-day Hulu Plus replays loving suck. They managed to cut out every single debut and return from this past Monday except for Paige winning the Women's championship. I had to read the results to find out that Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, Rusev, Lana and RVD showed up.

To be fair, Bo and Adam never turned up, WWE ran promo skits for their arrival.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

There's been a lot of talk about the Network "dropping" PPVs like Wrestlemania, in the last few pages but how do you guys feel about "Network Exclusive Live Specials" would help with getting subs?

For instance (and this is only from the top of my head) a "King Of The Ring" special event featuring upper midcarders like Ziggler, Cesaro, Wyatt etc... And a couple of main eventers like Orton or Batista?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

It just occurred to me that I was sure Mohammed Hassan would chart in the "infamous gimmicks" countdown.

Have WWE just dismissed his existence because I've never heard him being mentioned in anything ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Surely for stars that turn up on episodes of
Countdown to laugh at Disco Imferno, that's included in their contracts?