Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I signed up pretty easy. It took maybe like 5 minutes or so and it seems to be working great. This is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The only problem I've had so far is the ppvs have some hiccups. But the stream it's self is working great. In fact the quality seems better than Netflix. Im using a ps3

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was wondering if PPV's were going to be put up immediately after the initial airing. I usually work on sunday nights so I tend to miss them.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was so pumped to see that WM X7 has all the music intact. So we actually get the video packages with My way.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Professor Funk posted:

Somebody is excited about Limp Bizkit, in this, 2014, the year of our Lord.

Don't start this bullshit. If you tell me that My way wasn't perfectly used in all the packages of X7 I am going to call you a liar who is also a jerk.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Professor Funk posted:

I agree. The Austin/Rock package is maybe the greatest they've ever done.

I also remember that when they released the wwe Wrestlemania boxset collection X7 was probably the most edited of them, because the blurs were terrible, and My Way was used constantly during the show and that was all taken out. Not to mention that the original x7 dvd goes for like 90 bucks on amazon and is hard to find. So it's pretty rad to get that show unedited.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Flameingblack posted:

(your use is limited to one (1) WWE Network stream on one (1) device at any given time. IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY OF THE USE RESTRICTIONS IN THESE TERMS, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION. SHARING OF LOGIN INFORMATION, INCLUDING PASSWORDS, IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN)

What are the chances the WWE actually try and enforce this? What are the chances this is how they make their money :v:

Are they going to take you to court if they find out? Jeeze

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Deadpool posted:

Wow. I think I have that in a box somewhere. All of the original DVD releases of those Wrestlemanias from that era. Might have to dig them out.

I just looked at the Amazon page for it, and 90 dollars is a used dvd and that's the lowest. Someone is selling a brand new copy for 685 dollars.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TUS posted:

Still lovely VOD for me, on PS3. Instead of stalling for 2 minutes, playing 3 seconds and stalling for a minute... it'll stall for 2 minutes and then go back to the menu. So that's progress I suppose

Yeah VOD on ps3 is screwing up for me too. It's just not even working right now. The stream is still going strong though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

triplexpac posted:

Do they have the Wolfpac theme still, or did they have to dub that out too?

If they don't have that theme how will I know how to not end up in a body bag?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Just a heads up it actually looks like elimination Chamber is up to watch.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm seeing neither it nor the Rumble so far?

Yeah they messed up the description. It's 2013 chamber. But it's telling me it's the 2014 for some reason.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Alright it seems like the network is totally down for me right now. None of the on demand things are working, and now the stream isn't working.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
One thing I would like for them to add is something that remembers where I left off watching. I don't like that I have to remember where I left off.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The only thing that sucks is that the On demand is super lovely right now, I am trying to watch Summerslam 2013, and every few seconds it stops so it can buffer. It's really annoying.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
VOD seems to be working a lot better today. I'm not getting any buffering.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Spikeguy posted:

I'm hoping someone can explain a couple of things to me.

1) What was the story line behind Tajiri joining Mikey Whipwreck and the Sinister Minister? I'm really digging that team.

2) How in the world did Steve Corino become a babyface in ECW. Was it the Tommy Dreamer route of getting the poo poo kicked out of you until they love you for it?

Thread question: Do we treat these shows like spoilers in the TV Thread? It's aired already so no spoiler tags needed?

A lot of these shows are over 20 years old. I think you are fine to spoil as much as possible.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is it possible to watch NXT Arrival from the start?
I'm not really happy with this.
I csn't find the first hour and would be completely hosed if they were airing any other show on the live feed.

Click on the live feed and you can choose to watch from the beginning.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DeathChicken posted:

Well, this Eddie/Benoit match from One Night Stand is a mite uncomfortable. "There's the suicide headbutt!"

The worst part is that is probably the worst match of the night. You can tell both of them were going through something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DeathChicken posted:

I always did like Mike Awesome as a wrestler. At least in ECW, he stood out as being slightly bigger than everyone else and unhinged enough to throw people around in horrible ways. Really not the kind of thing that would fly anywhere else besides ECW, but still.

I loved him in ECW because he was a 6'8 dude who was super fast and light on his feet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RagingHematoma posted:

Is the ps3 app working for anyone?

It was skipping a lot for me today, but I figured it was my Internet connection screwing up.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

They've censored Mae Youngs tits in the Royal Rumble 00. Did that happen in the live feed? It's basically a big red "censored" cross across the screen.

I was twelve at the time and remember watching it live and waking my parents up at 2am from shrieking when she done it, I can't remember a censor.

Also, Royal Rumble 2000 is probably my favourite rumble next to '92

They did that for the home video release.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

laz0rbeak posted:

"Do you see towels? If you see towels, you're probably in the linen closet again."
"Just a second... no, it's someplace I've never been before!"

Which part was the worst part of Beaver Cleavage? The original promos, the girlfriend beater part, or the fact that it was all revealed to be a worked shoot by his evil girlfriend?

I was watching the undertaker marries Steph raw and I swear I forgot all about Beaver Clevage until they showed the vignette. Was the evil gf thing when she put makeup on to make it look like he beat her? Because that was seriously terrible. Also what is up with vince and incest?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

My favorite part of that Countdown was when they brought Terry Taylor in with his suit and tie and showed him the Red Rooster 8x10, and his response was a flat "I was at a very different place in my life there."

Terry Taylor seemed like a super nice humble guy. Like he just seemed to be a super good dude.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Is this really cool? What do you say, Superdome audience?

I got excited for a second because I thought I read they would be putting wcw saturday night up. I would love for those to be at my access.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I would actually love to re watch the first two seasons of tough enough again. I hope they put those on the network.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have been on an ECW kick and I started wondering if you guys think they will ever put the ECW/TNN episodes on the network. Even though it was when ECW was on its way out I still think there was some good stuff on there.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

I think they'll wait just because there are so few episodes of it. I'd really really like to see the full episodes with the Tanaka/Awesome matches from December of 99, the latter of the two is one of the best matches I've ever seen live and I haven't seen the first since it aired.

There is a lot of good mikey whipwreck and tajiri stuff as well.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Niwrad posted:

That company wasn't worth all that much when he took it over (well at least compared to where it is today).

It wasn't worth much and vince really did make it the big global company it is now. It's not like some kid getting handed Coca Cola or something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MJBuddy posted:

God paying for internet to use Netflix?

Stop being dense

You paid like 400 bucks for an x box, you're paying probably 80 bucks for Internet, and 8 bucks a month for Netflix.and I'm expected to pay extra so that I can go online with my system and use an app I pay for?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LividLiquid posted:

New Blood Rising, if you want the Russo era.

I watched this recently and that ladder match was the most russo thing I have ever seen. It's a ladder match where on one hook is a gold record the other is a recording contract. It somehow ends with tank Abbott walking around confused, rubbing his nipples and I think winning the match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was watching the ziggler/Ryder match from TLC 2010, and that was a fantastic match. Like both dudes just killed it the whole match, and now I'm sad that Ziggler is in the exact same spot as he was in 2010 and confused as why wwe wanted to bury Ryder so bad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sunsweet posted:

I got one, posted it in the Network live discussion thread:

I usually hate lame hip hop parody poo poo like this, but having a roll of duct tape for his chain is legit funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

No it was for their current recording contract. The stakes don't really matter anyway because 3 Count leaves with both items despite only having retrieved one of them and it's never really explained what it takes to win the match, just that the match ends when both items have been retrieved.

Well actually tank Abbott walked away with both items and 3 count looked totally confused.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bradzilla posted:

Pretty much every WWE PPV stage was good to loving amazing until they started cost cutting, whenever they started using white ring ropes exclusively. Summerslam and Wrestlemania are the only shows that get unique sets that aren't just the Raw set with a few things added, nowadays.

I was thinking about the white ropes the other day and how boring I find them. It's not like it's expensive to make the ropes different colors. It's literally just tape that the wrap around it. Why can't we have a little variety.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lol it's ring ropes. Who gives a gently caress?

Ropes like any other piece of a set help add to a mood and atmosphere to the show you are watching. It's all aesthetic.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

"That was almost a ***** match. If only they'd have used red ring ropes"

Said nobody ever.

drat dude. You really sent my house of cards tumbling with that witty and original meme you threw at me. You Better not send a doge pic, or worst yet gangam style at me. I don't know if I could take another thrashing like that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was wondering why there is a 30 day delay on Raw and Smackdown. why not a week delay at the least. It's not like they are showing replays or putting them on the USA website to watch or anything so why wait a month before they put them up.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Is it Hulu that's making them have the 30 day delay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Burt Buckle posted:

Are they releasing ECW Hardcore TV episodes at a consistent or predictable pace? I'm trying to rewatch the Monday Night Wars and they are only up to September 1995 for ECW right now.

For what ever reason they were releasing them at a consistent rate and then they stopped at the sept 95 episode. and it's been like a month since a new one has come up.