Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I'm stunned everyone on legends house is still alive 2 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I would love some old Jim Crockett Saturday nights. Nothing but crazy rear end southern wrestling promos

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
After several tries and giving up to watch downton Abby I finally got the on demand to load. bunkhouse stampede 88 here I come.

E: for anyone wondering about censoring. There's a big ol Winston cigarettes ad in the Nassau Collesieum.

The American Dream fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 25, 2014

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I got 50 minutes of Bunkhouse Stampede 88 on my roku last night, then when I paused it and started again the error message came up. Bobby Eaton was looking chubby as gently caress.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I see no reason why they wouldn't keep stuff up for good once it's aired. Even if they upload 5 old raws a week it would still take them 4 years to finish it out. Not to mention a couple Nitros, Saturday Nights and Smackdowns.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Gough Suppressant posted:

Holy poo poo I'm watching Great American Bash 88 and it's amazing. It is headlined by Funk v Flair for the title(I think the blowoff match to Funk piledriving Flair on a table after judging a title match), but it starts off with a two ring battle royal with over-the-top elimination, eliminated wrestlers have to go into the second ring, and if they are eliminated from that ring they are eliminated for good. Then the last man in the first ring and the last man in the second ring have a normal wrestling match.

And there's also a WarGames match on the card too :psyduck:

It's got a great Freebirds promo too.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Watching Halloween Havoc 98 and Jericho came out to a weird remix to break the walls down. I miss basketball highlights #12

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
3 segments into the show, 3 leather biker jackets. Raven still the only one that looked cool in it.

e: Alex wright with #4, also has a pretty clear penis outline going on too.

The American Dream fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 3, 2014

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
If the main event cards are good and pre promoted enough they should get decent viewership. Advertise Bryan/Cesaro and Cena/Reigns and you got a few hundred thousand viewers and some buzz for the next weeks show and you can get 2 or 3 real good matches going for that one and test out the system again.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Deadpool posted:

Cena/Reigns on Main Event? Are you high? Haha, no way.

they go for 10 minutes, match ends with the Wyatts and Shield coming out and loving things up. Boom, there's some buzz for main event next week and furthers the storyline. Plus a few hundred thousand people tune in for for the potential based on the names (Not me, I'll be watching basketball at a bar), but I would if I were home.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
They were selling copies of it and a bunch of early dvds a few months ago at Ollies for $3. It was some special version that had 3 extra matches on it.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Fukkin pumped as hell for clashes starting up.

Also, don't know where else to put this, but watching old Hardcore TVs has made me love Public Enemy. The matches aren't terrible. But the promos are great. Glad they got paid in wcw and wwe and all. But I really wish they'd stayed in ecw. Where they shined.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
If there's a problem using ecw on tnn I'm sure they can get the rights to it rather cheaply seeing how Viacom hasn't used that network in a decade. And if Viacom buys the rights to wwe I'm sure it won't be an issue. Or it may have been taken care of last time around.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Dimebags Brain posted:

So what's the difference between Clash of Champions and a regular WCW PPV?

Back when there were only 4-5 ppvs a year Clash was a "big match" atmosphere that pushed the big feuds along a few weeks before the ppvs. But yeah, it was WCW's answer to SNME but held mid week. It died off when Thunder came along.

Speaking of Clash, would doing a Clash type show exclusive to the network a couple times a year work for the network? With all this hope for War Games, but needing 2 rings to pull it off and tickets already being sold for a period into the summer. Could WWE sellout a War Games show with 6-8 weeks of ticket sales. Do a 2 ring show in say July, Do a Battle Bowl for a title shot at Summer Slam, toss in a couple undercard matches, say IC or US title match. Get something for Cena to do that night if he's not in the Battle Bowl. End it with Bryan/Shield vs Kane/Evolution. If that wouldn't get them a few dozen thousand stragglers to sign up I don't know what would. And they'd have to re-up by Wrestlemania.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Jubs posted:

You guys MUST watch Clash of the Champions XXII. You will witness the greatest promo (Erik Watts) and vignette (Too Cold Scorpio) ever. And it's not even 20 minutes into the show yet.

Put on Clash 12 by mistake, opened with Badstreet and Southern Boys. Everyone has confederate flags on! It's loving crazy to my Yankee rear end.

e: Erik Watts is wearing the most 1989 shirt ever in 1993. Boy, the south really is behind the times.

e2: 2 Cold just postarized that Bobby Hill lookin' kid real bad.

The American Dream fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 6, 2014

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Oh yeah, Clashes were pointless once Thunder came along and not that important once they went to 12 ppvs a year. Back when it was Saturday Night and I guess Main Event was an important show at one point. I only remember it being Sunday night jobbers in the mid 90's. King of the Ring could be a cool network exclusive too that wouldn't need a ton of build but 8 of the top 12 guys wrestling 7 matches in one night would definitely attract some subs. Probably a good one for a couple weeks in after the first 6 months is up.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

That's pretty much my reaction whenever I watch World Class. At least whenever Michael Hayes shows up in his Freebirds robe.

Yeah but BOTH teams! Freebirds as heel with the face paint and flags makes total sense. But then the good guys coming out with a flag and the flags on their jackets. I mean, I always thought Tracy Smothers was from Nashville, Italy. Not the southern US.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yeah. He seems like he hates those that were born into money, rather than made it themselves.

I think the term is born on third base and act like they hit a triple.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Love the fact that the picture for Clash 24 is Shockmaster standing in front of that goddamn yellow wall.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

MassRafTer posted:

The WCW TV title was barely ever defended except when they remembered it existed. One of those times Prince Iaukea had it. Dark times.

TV title ruled during the NWO era because it was the only heavyweight title they didn't go for. It was by far the most interesting title for 2 or 3 years. Iaukea being the champ sucked but when booker, benoit, Jericho, a couple other cruiserweights carrying it, it was amazing. I really wish the US title would be more like that. Do a good feud with guys that can wrestle for a couple months, maybe it changes hands. Move on to the next guy. It'd be great for the 1-2 years on tv guys to elevate them.

Also, do a War Games exclusive to the network in like september or october, after the WM30 people sign up expires, but that 6 months expires before WM31.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Battle Bowl and War Games go hand in hand :colbert:

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I love the network and can't wait until they add more WCW and Hardcore TV. I'm totally cool with rolling out content slowly because they have thousands and thousands of content. I hope like a year from now they have docs of wrestlers that aren't "dvd ready". Ya know, Rick Rude, DiBiase, Harley Race.

Right now I think we're just feeling spoiled by what we know other services do and what we know WWE can do with their the library. It's only 3 months old. As long as when they add old Saturday Nights it's at 6:05 I'm fine with the progress and future.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Phenix Rising posted:

Bread basket is embedded into my vocabulary that I naturally say it when referring to the stomach and nobody understands what I'm talking about. I grew up thinking that was just a normal, every day alternative name for the stomach. I guess I was wrong.

I use bread basket all the time. Also if someone gets hit in the mouth it's "right in the mush". But I don't remember if that's wrestling related.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
He hit him in the grape basket

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Astro7x posted:

I was trying to think of notable WCW debuts they left off the list, and I can't think of one... most of them were somebody just showing up and putting on an nWo shirt. Maybe Lex Lugar could have worked, but

Lugar, Giant, shock master.

Gotta say, flair showing up with the title on WWF tv should have been on there. You honestly can't make a bigger debut then that.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

MotU posted:

If you haven't sat up at like 330am and just watched infomercials til the sun came up you haven't really lived

If you never stayed up after ecw to watch don west yell about mark McGwire rookie cards for 3 hours you can :frogout:

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Nut Bunnies posted:

This week's Countdown is another example of great concept ruined by the highly rehearsed talking heads. I can't remember what she said, but Summer Rae said something in the most robotic way when introducing one. Brodus is pretty bad at that as well, especially in WM Rewind.

Brodus was great. Forgot who he was talking about, maybe Brock. "He gonna lay hands on ya, he gonna spend ya paycheck"

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

keithy george posted:

I watched the Best of Smackdown which had Austin beating up Booker T, I was waiting for him to sing "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore". Did I miss it? Did it happen some other time, or has that been edited to the tyranny of music rights?

Naturally the frozen food section was the last stop in the back of the store. It was at that point towards the end. At least when I watched it on you tube.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

flashy_mcflash posted:

I feel like I've seen that - maybe as a one-off episode of Raw or SD in the 90's or something like that. It'd be a great idea for those Wrestlemania Rewind specials where they could give you a lot of context as the match goes on.

It was a dvd of wrestlemania 3 that came out a few years back. Gonna guess for the 20th anniversary

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Y'know I know we made jokes about how Pat Patterson revealing he's gay shocked precisely no one and everything, but I just watched the Legends' House finale and I genuinely found it a really :unsmith: thing. It doesn't matter that the whole world knew, it was the fact that he could say it. And I dunno, seeing all these guys binding together was honestly kinda sweet.

Also holy poo poo poor Jimmy Hart and Hacksaw. :smith: Those dudes are great.

Pretty sure all those guys have known for 30-40 years. That was all for the people watching at home. It's cool he came out of the closet to everyone, good for him.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
He's single fellas! -JR in like 2000

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

The_Rob posted:

For what ever reason they were releasing them at a consistent rate and then they stopped at the sept 95 episode. and it's been like a month since a new one has come up.

Didn't they post like 30 all at once?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Countdown seems like it would be a great show for NBCSN. Especially during the summer when they have nothing at all to show. It'd be great for casuals to stop on flipping channels at like midnight, I could see people getting into it watching at a bar on Tuesday night (think restaurant workers that just sit there and drink beer with their heads slumped down). Keep people's attention after hockey ends at 11.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Really surprised this isn't on today at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaudmIxBA40

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
How long would it take to film a 25 minute episode of Are You Serious? 2 hours at most? They could do a months worth of episodes in 1 day.

My favorite matches could show 2-4 matches in an hour. My greatest matches could be with the ones the wrestlers are involved in. They could do Wrestlemania Rewind for every big 4 PPV and throw in some WCW and ECW matches. They could do Anatomy of an Angle where they highlight a legendary feud for an hour, show interviews, clips of matches and end it with the blowoff match. Make it a 2 parter for Sting vs NWO and Raven vs Dreamer or Dusty vs 4 Horsemen.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

hahahaha no. Considering you'd need writers, pre-pro, multiple takes & coverage and editing/gfx, one shouldn't make declarations like that without knowing what they're talking about.

I meant the actual here's the silhouette of road dogg and someone making billy Kidman is fat jokes part. I realize that a lot more time goes into production and editing. I also guessed hoping for a better estimate from someone that knew.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I'm sure it's too late now, but a 15-30 minute preshow panel for the SNME and Clashes would have been great. Show some clips so were not just watching the shows and dependent on the announcers telling the back story of the matches or feuds.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

IllegallySober posted:

Happened to be watching an old Raw on the live stream and caught Todd Pettengill shilling for the first In Your House PPV.

"This Pay-Per-View is only $14.95! Why, that's less than a full tank of gas!"

:smith: It's still true, but goddamn does that make me feel old that there was a time where that was a close comparison.

In beautiful Syracuse NY! I thought the house they were giving away was in Syracuse and I wanted to win it so me and my Mom could have a better house.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Daniel Bryan posted:

And now the September 11, 2003 edition of Smackdown is up featuring John Cena vs Eddie Guerrero in a Parking Lot Brawl.

Also:

Second worst tragedy in US history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Another Person posted:

The first is TNA, right?

Steroid trials