Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

gfanikf posted:

Hey they have Closed Captioning Support...very nice WWE, very nice.

It's funny when someone says "WWF" and the captions say "WWE".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Cucktales Blogger posted:

The ECW theme song.

That's weird. You'd think they'd just give him his WWE theme.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

They should've used Hostamania, brother.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Acrolos posted:

My theory is that the reason they are waiting until the Summer to start the Monday Night Wars show (and likely to add the Nitros and attitude era Raws) is to ensure that they are retaining customers after their initial 6 month subscription is over.

Exactly. As much as I'd love for the Network to give me something close to access to the complete video library, they need to be able to keep the material fresh in order to sustain peoples' interest. They don't want people to just watch everything that interests them and then cancel at the end of their initial six month commitment.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

WWE Warehouse is the best, and the fact that it's a monthly YouTube show instead of a weekly Network show is a crime.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

edotherocket posted:

I had much better luck running it on an iPad and I could stream it through Apple TV which was great but then the video pauses every time the iPad screen turns off. So unless there's a setting I've missed it would mean I would need to keep swiping the screen every couple of minutes to keep the video streaming uninterupted 0_o

Do you not have the actual Apple TV app yet in Australia? If not I'd hope they push it out soon. That's what I use almost all the time, and the only downside I've run into is that the chapter breaks for individual matches aren't there.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I really enjoyed Bobby Heenan asking Bischoff, "How many weeks is this guy gonna be here with us?" after Mongo said something stupid on the second episode of Nitro.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Do people seriously think that the amount of content on the Network qualifies as "little"? Obviously there's still a lot more that can be added, and there are legitimate complaints to be made about the inconsistent pace at which new stuff has been added, but that doesn't change the fact that there's already a lot there.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

coconono posted:

Compared to the amount of content they're trying to get to air, yes this is a tiny portion of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Libraries

I'm not arguing that, and I'm not trying to defend the way they've gone about adding things. There's a lot of room for improvement. I just think it's going too far to say that there's "so little content" on the Network.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The person who said it said it in reference to WCW, which has 100 hours of Nitro, the Clashes and PPVs, that's not that much content.

That's not really how I read it. For reference:

triplexpac posted:

As it is, their sections are labelled in a confusing way. At a glance, would WCW be "In Ring" or "Vault"? Impossible to know until you click through and figure out what is where.

Astro7x posted:

Good thing there is so little content that it doesn't even matter.

I read that as Astro7x saying that the WCW stuff is easy enough to find despite the bad interface because there's so little Network content overall. If that's not what he meant, then I'll take back what I've said. I agree with the overall point that they need to get better about adding stuff.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, this guy gets it.

You do realize that both quotes are from me, right?

That's a good point I didn't consider about the number of distinct shows being small though. For what you were talking about, that is much more important than the total amount of content.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think it's already been brought up, but I could swear Vince's original story was that his response to Turner went "That's great Ted, I'm in the wrestling business" Maybe it was on the original Monday Night Wars DVD?

He's been telling that story with "entertainment business" line since way before the Monday Night Wars DVD. I first heard it here around 1998 or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVF-g4uMa80&t=86s

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I think that was Terry Funk, not Vader, though he did talk about Vader's offense being legitimately painful.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Except they still do Raw preshows, and looking at what's up on the Network, they did the post shows up until a couple weeks ago.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

2) Hogan is such a loving oval office. I thought he was an rear end in a top hat in WWF, Jesus I didn't know guys. He basically says that he makes promoters quake in their boots because he's bigger than any promotion and he's better than anyone else in the world. He says that he is going to bury the Giant in his father's (Andre) grave. He talks poo poo about Andre all the time. Yeah, all of a sudden, Cena is more convincing as a babyface.

I was a huge Hogan mark when I was a little kid (hell, I was even ecstatic about him winning the belt at WrestleMania IX) but in retrospect it amazes me how much heel-ish poo poo Hogan did, even when he was supposed to be the mega-babyface.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Russo picture didn't show up for some reason the first time I loaded the page, so that post just looked like this:

masato tatanka posted:

hey lets click on this WCW event from 2000

oh

It makes just as much sense either way.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Memento posted:

Does anyone have a link to the Nitro where Hulk Hogan is on it without a mustache?

It's not just one Nitro. Check out any Nitro from October 1995 and you should see it.

My favorite thing about that is how they made such a big deal out of the Dungeon of Doom shaving it, but then he apparently kept shaving it himself for at least a month afterwards.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

Re watching nitro era WCW my favourite character is currently THE MASTER. SULLLIIVANNNNNNN... MYYYYY SONNNNNNNN!

I just watched the Nitro yesterday where THE YET-AY breaks out of his block of ice, and I seriously could only understand about one out of every five words The Master said in his promo. When Hogan mentioned THE YET-AY by name later in the show, I thought at first that it was a botch since he hadn't actually appeared yet, but then I realized The Master very well could have named him earlier and I just didn't understand it.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Flyin' Brian / Johnny B. Badd opener at Fall Brawl 1995 makes me so glad time limit draws aren't a thing anymore. I actually rather like the PPV overall but MAN those first couple of matches.

That match really made me question WTF the point was of even having a time limit.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm in the mood to see a PPV or match on the Network where the crowd just shits all over it. Something like the end of the last Royal Rumble.

Any suggestions?

Luger/Windham from Great American Bash '91, Goldberg/Lesnar from WrestleMania XX.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Minidust posted:

I've been watching a bunch of '96-'97 WWF shows, and they shill the "Superstar Hotline" between every match. Peak early-'90s right there.

I begged my parents to let me call it sooo many times when I was a kid. When they finally let me do it I think all I did was play some kind of game or something where I got to press buttons to choose what moves The Smoking Gunns did in a match or something. That was a little disappointing.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The chances of WWE doing a serious Andre documentary are pretty much nil. It would mean admitting he was a huge star before he came to the WWWF, that he wasn't really 7 feet tall, he was kind of a racist and that a bunch of his mythology is well, mythology. He's more fun as an actual legend.

Honestly, I don't see why they'd have to admit anything other than maybe the first point.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

What are the ads so far? Just ads for other poo poo on the Network, or actual advertisements for actual things?

I haven't seen any yet, but I would have to assume the latter since that's the only way ads would actually make them money.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

When I've looked at old Steiner Bros stuff more recently, I've realized that Scott Steiner in that era was way bigger than I remembered, so the transition seems way less dramatic than it used to. I mean, look at this guy:

He's definitely smaller than he would eventually become, but that physique is already unnatural.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Call them a chain gang as much as you want you want, but everyone is going to think "slaves" as soon as they see two black men in chains being accompanied by this man:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

also I think I'm going to make Bulk and Mulk Hogan in Fire Pro. did you envision them having any differences in their moveset or behavior, or was it basically just Hogan 2 and Hogan 3?

(Just so you know why I'd respond to this with any authority, I'm TL's brother)

For clarity, here's Hulk:

Bulk:

And Mulk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah so non-HD broadcasts just don't full screen anymore.
Good.