Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If the WWE wanted to eliminate piracy of their content, this was honestly the best way to do it. They're losing money from potential PPV revenue, I would assume. But even without the PPVs, I would have bought the Network because it's just too good of a deal to pass up on. It's a lot like Netflix or Steam. If you make it more convenient for me to just buy the products I wouldn't have a reason to pirate them. I've never had Dish or Satellite, so the only time I was able to order PPVs is when I went over to my friend's place, and it was still a really steep price to order them too, so I refrained from buying anything but really big shows.

I don't really mind the 6-month commitment at all. I was planning on buying Wrestlemania anyway, and the entire 6-months of the WWE Network is the same price I would have ended up paying for Wrestlemania alone.

Simply put, this deal is too good to pass up. I hope it does well for the WWE, because if it does they might start releasing more content, and more companies will start to follow suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Okay it looks like the free 7 day trial forces you to commit to the 6 months anyway. It's just 7 days free? :v:

Whatever I signed up anyway.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Acrolos posted:

That's really smart. If you're being charged on a monthly basis but know you're required to commit to six months, you're much more likely to let it keep charging you after the commitment is over.
One thing I absolutely loved is that right there on the only page you have to enter info, there's a large, clear checkbox that says "Auto re-new after 6 months" that you can opt out of. I'm not being ironic or sarcastic, I wish all goddamn companies did that. I hate having to go through a dozen menus after I've signed up to ubsubscribe from auto-renew.

I don't see the option to pay off all 6 months at once, if you select buy as gift it lets you pay up-front for a whole year, but there's no slider for just 6 months.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 24, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm watching Heatwave 2000 and they're censoring "poo poo". It's rated MA but I have no idea if it was filtered before or after since I never watched the original.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Me and a friend are sharing an account, he lives down the street and he's watching on his PS3 while I'm on my Roku. Definitely works with multiple users

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Nope. Everything is scheduled to run at a certain time. Once it airs it'll be in the archive. Stuff that's already there seems to be just stuff that aired during the testing phase and the other stuff such as the PPVs, Raws, etc.
So I'll have to wait 6 months at minimum to watch all the WCW PPVS? :(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

All profanity, including rear end, has been edited out. The Kat's breasts have been blurred out. None of this is completely uncensored. Getting a refund, suing for false advertising. :colbert:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The profanity filtering on the ECW content is really jarring. It's ECW. They're showing chair shots to the head and extreme, graphic blood and violence. Censoring the word "rear end".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

triplexpac posted:

How dare they ruin promos by the poet Shane Douglas
They censored out Candido saying rear end during the match, it wasn't even mic'd. It's really dumb.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Deadpool posted:

That's odd because I just watch some of 1998 Raw and they didn't censor anything at all.
My friend said The Kat incident from Fully Loaded is completely blurred, although I've got a tape of the live show and it was uncensored.

Both ECW PPVs I've been through have had all swearing censored, all of it. I think it's kind of funny to be honest, especially when you hear the beeping in the middle of the match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MJBuddy posted:

The 97 barely legal has wrestlers intently trying to not curse on the mic while the crowd curses nonstop and it's fun.
The question is, was that censored out in the live broadcasting completely when it originally aired? I didn't watch ECW in 1997.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Deadpool posted:

I guarantee this is the case.
I decided to ask their live support since I've got nothing else to do why my ECW ppv is stuck infinitely buffering, apparently I've stumped them because they stopped responding.

And their English isn't the best either.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Definitely heard several Asses and a Bitch on Raw. Knew immediately it was 1998 again.

People commenting about Kat's breasts though, seriously what did you expect? There was no way that was going to be there.
Yeah but there wasn't any asterisks or anything after "All media is completely uncensored" it just said all media is completely uncensored and uncut.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Brokenogre posted:

How the hell do you access the live chat I was going to complain about the WCW section not working
My Account -> Contact Us -> Live Chat

The WCW content is mostly working, it's the service in general loving up, and if my experience was any indication they're probably not going to be very helpful.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Brokenogre posted:

it works on my computer but on the PS4 app it crashes when you click WCW
Happened to my friend as well, so you might as well email them

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lord Of Texas posted:

How are the music rights for older shows? Obviously most of it is Jim Johnston stuff so unaffected, but are there any notable WWE guys that get dubbed over crap instead of their actual themes?
DDP's theme is a different knock-off of what it used to be, which was another knockoff of a different song.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

(your use is limited to one (1) WWE Network stream on one (1) device at any given time. IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY OF THE USE RESTRICTIONS IN THESE TERMS, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION. SHARING OF LOGIN INFORMATION, INCLUDING PASSWORDS, IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN)

What are the chances the WWE actually try and enforce this? What are the chances this is how they make their money :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Hahahahaha DDP's knock off theme got it's own knock off theme. Wow.
I don't even know who the hell Joe Gommez is, but he got his own knockoff theme too, it's super obvious to tell which themes in WCW got dubbed over, because David Penzer isn't the announcer anymore.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

epitasis posted:

are we all watching wrestlemania 1 at 5et
Honestly I think there should be a WWE Network "live" thread to talk about whatever's currently on the air, separate from the general discussion/VOD/help I can't reset my password thread this is.

CVagts posted:

I need to remember what ECW PPV it was where the Dudleys did a promo where they threw homophobic slurs at the crowd, and then watch that show on the Network to see if THAT stayed in.
I watched 3 ECW ppvs and they were all censored. Even "rear end"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TLM posted:

I was taking a look at the ECW PPVs before, and Barley Legal 1997 is obviously not censored, with the crowd chanting "gently caress you Devon" about 2 and a half minutes in. However, ECW Heatwave 1998 is censored when Shane Douglas says gently caress once.

Is this WWE being inconsistent, or was this how it was originally released?
Hardcore Heaven 1997 is heavily edited, there's not much consistency.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

triplexpac posted:

So can you share accounts on this like you can on the MLB streaming?

Like, I know it says you're not supposed to in their ToS, but I'm curious.
ToS says one person per account, and you can only stream from one device at a time. Of course, so did Netflix for years.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Can anyone confirm whether or not the following themes have been changed or not?

Alex Wright (This would be a deal breaker for me)
Disco Inferno
Jericho in WCW 1998-
Goldberg in WCW
Dean Malenko

Christian's old 2005 theme
Austin's disturbed theme

What does RVD come out to ECW? I won't even ask if he still has Pantera.
Disco's is still Disco Fever.
Malenko's is still the same
Chavo/Eddie's WCW themes were changed.
Jericho's ORIGINAL theme is still here, which is fantastic.

I'll check on the others for you, but I can expect that Jericho's is going to change.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Wrong Jericho theme, I'm talking about his awesome even flow ripoff that he had as a heel in 1998. Thanks for telling me about the others though.
All the blatant rip-off themes have been dubbed over so far, so I'd assume that Raven's "Come as you are" and Jericho's "Even Flow" are going to be gone as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The live Network has been absolutely flawless, other than exposing to Michael Hayes. The VoD has been spotty but I won't hold it against them. If it's still doing this by the time my trial is over, I'll cancel.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

What music were they playing in 1996 WCW that keeps getting replaced by this super cheesy generic production rock music? It keeps being put over NWO packages, the intro to PPVs, the lowering of the cage in War Games, ect.

Was it the Nitro music? My memory is so hazy that I can't even remember what it could have been.

e: I looked it up and apparently they actually used that song constantly, wow.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 26, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The best part about this post is I knew it was the actual music as you were describing it.
It really does sound like it belongs in an early 90's bikini beach special.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

gypsyshred posted:

VOD is functioning for the most part, but it is skipping forward randomly occasionally. Weird.

Also, why is WCW owned music unusable? Wasn't it just cheap stock production music to being with?
Because a lot of WCW music was teetering on the edge of copyright infringement. However that really doesn't tell me why Eddie/Chavo's themes were changed, I wasn't aware it was a knockoff of popular grunge/alternative music from the mid 90's :v:

e: Oh god it's Low Rider by War :downs: Anything on this list is probably going to be dubbed over.

Re-watching WCW PPVs and I never appreciated how great/crazy Randy Savage was :allears:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 26, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ZDar Fan posted:

Knock on wood. but VOD on PS3 has been working really well for me today. The original Survivor Series is a blast.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed in That Spot being cut from Mickie/Trish at WM22.
Everything on the WWE is completely uncensored :downs:

Except for all the things that are completely censored (Which is quite a bit, actually)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Other than That Spot, what are examples?
Profanity and sexual content on all ECW PPVs, and all nudity. Hearing so many swear bleeps in ECW is just so jarring.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I just watched This is NXT with a friend on his account. See, now that's the sort of thing I want to see in WWE. An honest to god feud. Imagine if you were doing that poo poo on WWE programming? You'd have a real midcard feud that made Zayn and Cesaro look like real players. And a bunch of other interesting characters and wrestlers who made achievements too.

More of this sort of thing is how you get my money, WWE.
Almost everyone in the Monday Night Wars had an on-going feud or were part of a large faction. Now the focus is almost entirely on the top 5 guys in the company, and some tag-teams. And even in the tag-team division, there's not a TON of character or feuding outside of Shield vs Wyatts. WWE has just decided that people aren't interested in mid-card feuds.

Which was probably true when they're being pitifully booked like MVP's long losing streak for no reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

I haven't seen any ECW stuff but I have to feel like it's going to be missing something without all the cussing and Paul Heyman music copyright violations. Would I be better off tracking down the originals if I want to binge on ECW?
You're losing a big part of what made ECW what it was in the 90's, but the wrestling and violence is still there. ECW is one of those things that could only have worked in the 90's, and after stripping out everything that made it uniquely 90's (Sex, Drugs, Profanity, and Grunge/Alternative) it's just a bunch of Shane Douglas matches.

Harlem Heat in 1996 was still something. They still had the rich white slave owner gimmick and Sherri was always coke'd up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

That was a stuntman right? Surely they didn't light Steve Borden's pants on fire and have him fall 40 feet off the Turnertron onto an air pad but then again WCW.
Nah, it was a very obvious stuntman, you can see where Sting walks out of frame.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Good lord, was Sensational Sherri as coked up in the WWF? She's absolutely tweaking out of her mind in WCW when paired up with Harlem Heat.

The white dots work great for me in Streaming now. Using Chrome, having no issues anymore. Service works great, and it's excellent background noise.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Acrolos posted:

What are some suggestions for the Monday Night Wars ppvs for WCW? I watched most of them when they aired, but can't remember which were the good ones.

I
Just start with Bash at the Beach 1996 and go all the way to Starrcade 1998

Actually Souled Out 1999 isn't bad at all, the four-way is especially good. But don't go past that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Has anyone else noticed crowd sweetening in old stuff? I swear WWE tinkered with the sound in this Brother Love/Andre/Warrior promo they showed yesterday. The entire time Love talked to Andre, the crowd was doing this droning kind of "boo", then when Warrior came out it changed to this non-stop Smackdown-ish cheer.

Like the background noise never stopped, it was just this constant noise. Is that just how things were in the 80s? Seemed very distracting to me.
Yeah, I've definitely noticed in WCW. If they don't get the reaction they were looking for they'd mess with the audio and it was really noticeable.

I never really paid attention to how good WCW's short-lived Women's division was. Madusa was probably the best American female wrestler at the time, and they brought in a lot of good names for their tournament. Then they dumped their title a year later and in 1999, along with the quality of the rest of WCW, they brought in a bunch of Nitro Girls and other useless talent that would make the current Divas look good.

e: Cannot count the number of times that the WCW crowd starts USA chants in matches where there's a Japanese superstar and Rey Mysterio, who was always being billed as from Mexico. I guess they're all really huge fans of Nick Patrick and Mark Curtis.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DannoMack posted:

They should fill a couple of hours of the live channel with things like The Chaperone and Knucklehead instead of repeats.
By 8pm on Tuesday I had seen the same episode of Superstars 3 times already. Luckily the On-Demand is going to be a godsend, but eventually I'll probably run out of things to watch there as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If the WWE wants more filler for the Network, they should take every single advert for the WCW/ECW/WWE PPVs they've ever had and just stick them online. It'd be a great way to gain interest in random PPVs that are also on the network!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

WCW was famous for adding Goldberg chants to everything and then panning over a silent crowd, even when Goldberg was ridiculously over.
At Souled Out 1999 they had to mute the fans because we chanted Goldberg all night and wouldn't shut the gently caress up.

I was there :eng101:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NoMoneyDown posted:

Watched Bash at the Beach '98 near flawlessly. God bless the WWE Network, and whatever witchcraft it had to undertake to fix its VOD overnight.

Because now I have Karl Malone doing awkward bodyslams whenever I want. Surely, I am the most niche.

Which PPV is the one with the cruiserweight battle royal where Jericho introduces all the people in it, one by one? That's the most hilarious thing to me.
Slamboree 1998 which is also home to one of WCW's loudest pops because of the Malenko/Jericho match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I always liked Hunico as Sin Cara personally. Even when that feud over the real Sin Cara first started, he was always better.

e: Hello I am in the completely wrong thread after laughing at people over the past two days for doing the same thing.