Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
I hope this answers some questions for some of you:

"Regarding multiple users using WWE Network accounts at the same time, a WWE representative told one reader that they will allow 2 viewers at a time, per account. Netflix began offering multiple profiles per account last year."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
So my first day with the WWE Network is complete and I have to say, I'm so overwhelmed with what we've been given. To any hardcore wrestling fan, this is a steal. I'm a bit sad that the PS4 version is still really horrible and laggy with old PPV's, but everything I've been able to see Live on it has been crystal clear and perfect. Pretty drat good for day one. The PS4 version is a bit strange though. Especially the odd choices for sounds when browsing things. Other than that, I'm sure everything will be ironed out in a few days and running smoothly.

The search function is really cool, and I didn't expect us to have been given the past two years of RAW episodes to kick off the Network. That was a nice treat. I'm really excited for the future of the WWE Network. This is a dream come true to have all of this content available to us at any time in such crisp quality.

Now, time to watch The Dudleys pour concrete all over Paul Bearer and watch JBL and Eddie Guerrero duke it out in a Texas Bullrope Match, because I can. :3: I'm glad everyone who's been able to get it to work is enjoying it.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
Came here to ask if anyone else was having problems with on demand stuff, but I already got my answers. I spent 30 minutes frustrated and trying to find something to watch and kill time and literally the only PPV that is working for me on demand is Wrestlemania 17. I am very okay with this!

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
Okay, so I have a potentially silly question that might have an obvious answer, but l'll ask anyway.

I tried to fall asleep watching WWE Network but my screensaver would pop up after 15 minutes and my screen would go black and still play sound, not fully go into sleep mode. Now I could take off the screensaver entirely to prevent this from happening, but is this due to the type of video player they use for the network? Because I can leave anything else on with other video players and it never does this. Kinda wanna get a fix to this without having to take off my screensaver every time I wanna fall asleep to wrestling.

Apologies, I'm not technically sound with this stuff and I'd just like to know what the deal is.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013

Brokenogre posted:

Silly question can anyone else with a PS4 check KOTR 94 and tell me if it locks up after gorilla monsoon says "when some unexpected guests"

"Earlier in the day before things took off, our video cameras in the Coliseum were tuning up when some unexpected guests" (Yes).

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
It's so surreal to be able to see Kurt Angle face Chris Benoit at Judgement Day 2001, all with the WWF logo and all in the bottom corner. No blurs whatsoever.

Now, I'm a huge fan and I know the WWE and its history inside and out, but I've only been watching since early 2004. First bit of wrestling I've ever sat down to watch carefully was Wrestlemania 20, and I started watching religiously right after that. I've hardly had the chance to see ANY attitude era matches at all, besides Wrestlemania 17 in full. Do you guys have any PPV recommendations or match recommendations from before 2004 that are worth checking out? I mean, I've seen lots of the classic matches on DVD's and stuff, but I'm sure there's some hidden gems that people don't talk about as often that are definitely worth watching.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013

Two Beans posted:

VOD was hosed for me yesterday, today no more issues.

But I found a new issue in that the best entrance of all time, Sandman's at ONS '05 has Enter Sandman completely dubbed over with generic rock music, to the point where you can't even hear the crowd singing along to. :argh:

I actually watched this yesterday just to see how they changed it up, and I just sat there and watched and listened with the most underwhelmed, sad face. It's really terrible generic rock and the fact that the audience is mostly silenced and there's nothing going on managed to turn one of the coolest moments into one of the most depressing.

But hey, if you listen closely, you can still here Enter Sandman very faintly. :(

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
So I'm inviting a friend over for NXT Arrival tomorrow night at 8 and we're potentially going to pick up food at 8ish when it starts. Not sure if anyone would know at this point, but would there be a "Play from beginning" or maybe a "pause" button during PPV's like these or will I have to catch it live in order to watch it in full? I'm assuming no, not for live events, but I just want to make sure.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
Just want to say that the PS4 VOD's have been working flawlessly. Seeking works extremely quickly, VOD's load up in seconds, not a single buffer or stutter in the last 10 PPV's I've tried. About drat time! All that's left is to get rid of those wonky noises when scrolling through the shows. Maybe a search function and a chapter skip option as well, and I'll have zero complaints.

To the guy who recommended Summerslam 2002 to me a few pages back, thank you. What a fantastic card, from beginning to end.

Serf Surviving fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 27, 2014

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
PS4 version of WWE Network has updated! Don't know what's been done to fix it specifically, but from what I can tell:

-It runs a whole lot smoother.
-They got rid of those clunky sounds when scrolling through stuff. (And added a brand new clunky sound that's less obnoxious)
-We now have a search bar
-There's a last event/next event chapter skipper thing

In other words, everything we've wanted fixed for PS4 is fixed. I don't know why they kept the clunky sounds and changed them just slightly but whatever. Great update overall.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
Well, I managed to depress myself a bit by deciding to watch the ending of the Royal Rumble 2014 match. Punk's last appearance. Rey Mysterio being number 30 and not Daniel Bryan and getting booed to death for it. Batista eliminating Roman Reigns to a chorus of boos. Oh, what could've been...

In other news, I'm really happy with the PS4 update, seeing as how it's been the only way I've been watching the Network. Finally being able to chapter seek and search and get zero stutter and buffering is amazing. I do wish they would consider adding a "Recently added" option so I can see what's being added to the Network. Had no idea Royal Rumble 2014 was added until I looked here.

But yeah, the WWE Network has consumed my life and it feels drat good to be a wrestling fan right now!

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
Everything has been running smoothly for the PS4 app the past few days, but all of a sudden today I'm getting the CE-34878-0 "This application has crashed" errors a bunch. I go about 30 minutes and then it crashes and I have to restart the app. Anyone else getting these errors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013

Hockles posted:

(On PS4) Over the past 24 hours, VOD backed out to the PPV-specific menu 3 times on its own. It wouldn't load the video when I tried to go back into the video, so I had to back out to the PS4 dashboard and reload the app.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems since Wednesday.

I've been having similar problems to this with the PS4 app today. Yesterday I mentioned I was getting the CE-34878-0 "This application has crashed" error every 30 minutes or so that would crash the app and make me restart. Now I can't go 5 minutes without the app crashing and/or VOD backing out to the PPV menu and not letting me play it again. Everything was working so well. :( At least the PC version has been a completely reliable backup.