Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I have an American address but spend a lot of time in Canada.

Has any statement been made about American customers who want to access the service outside the states? Alternatively, what would I need to do to spoof my location for the app/website/whatever to work if I'm accessing the service outside of the states like some people do for netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Well, I'll be a guinea pig for international people who have a US address to use I guess, because gently caress it it's just $60 and I can watch stuff while I'm in America too

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Havoc904 posted:

I didn't see it mentioned in here, but in the latest Wrestling Observer, its mentioned that the 2014 Elimination Chamber ppv won't be included on the day of launch. The earliest it can go up on the network will be March 25th. Just a heads up for the few people that were talking about not ordering it and then just watching it the next day when the network launches.

Just pay for the network and stream it guilt free since you've paid for it already.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Why haven't they commented on the availability of Ready 2 Rumble why!

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I'm kind of looking forward to spending money on this thing in a couple of days, if just to watch the entire run of ECW shows & PPVs in their entirety just to watch a group of drug addicts swinging metal buckets and pails and tubs and scuttles at eachother under the direction of a crazy person who spent the better part of a decade lying about money to his employees, and also to verify that said group of bucket swinging lunatics were more entertaining than highly trained and meticulously criticized athletes who can't be bothered to go on a crack binge like a proper Wrestling Superstar.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Justin Godscock posted:

It's what Heyman would have wanted in that fantastic little head of his.

I am also planning on flushing a nickle down the toilet every time New Jack shows up, just so he gets the royalties from my viewership without having the money filtered through the WWE first.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

EugeneJ posted:

The ECW TV shows won't be on-demand, just the PPV's

Oh what the gently caress

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Timby posted:

No one gives a poo poo about garbage wrestling with production values that makes ROH look professional, either.

I do.

Source: My posts where I say I want to buy the network so I can watch ECW Hardcore TV from the 90s.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I got 6 people who haven't watched wrestling in over 10 years hyped about watching ECW :)

Gonna buy the heck out of this thing tomorrow.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Meat Recital posted:

My post was mostly in response to people asking about ECW Hardcore TV on the Network. If you're buying the network expecting it, I would wait a bit.

According to Joey Styles, they'll be on the network on day 1

https://twitter.com/JoeyStyles/status/430553737782755328/photo/1

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

We'll figure out what's on the network in 7 hours. If it's almost entirely PPV and DVD releases, PSP is going to have a mixed reaction. While that's by far the most demanded stuff, it's also the most common and a lot of the people who would care about online video archives have already seen it recently.

I really hope Joey means a ton of Hardcore TV episodes and they won't just be "airing" on the stream, because ECW PPV is severely limited. It's only 6 shows a year, none before April 1997.

It would be hilarious if the best thing WWE could think of to kick off the live-streaming part of the network is an 8 hour marathon of dead people getting concussions and violence against women.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I dunno man, those Rumble reactions are the kind of thing I'd love to re-live again and again. :allears:

And as far as tonight, well, I gotta hear it for myself. Bootista. They seriously did it. :laugh:

If I can search "creative shat the bed" and watch crowds poo poo all over segment after segment, I will buy this thing for every one of my friends who watched wrestling in junior high.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I got through the signup process, abeit slowly. The site is chugging along now... I clicked a link to a PPV and it took a couple of minutes for a player to load. Streaming is going well, though.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Seems like the biggest roadblock right now is logging into my WWE account on other devices.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Vince is sitting beside a computer looking at analytics right now, thinking that WWE fans around the world want to watch somebody die live on air in a 500 seat bingo hall with all the swears removed.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Sounds like profanity in crowd chants are left uncensored. Funny that "gently caress you, D'von" comes through clearly but they bleep out "rear end" in a promo.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
The "Enter Sandman" soundalike is so hilarious. I can't wait to see a New Jack match.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
The music in New Jack matches is a loving hilarious gangsta rap knockoff that sounds like it's performed by the guy who sung the DX theme lmao.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

quote:

In the ghetto
Get tough on the streets
Get tough with a gang
Watch your back
It's a hardcore thang

In the ghetto
There's no surprise
When a man dies
And nobody cries

In the underground
You better look around
And use your eyes

In the ghetto
In the ghetto
In the ghetto
In the ghetto

These are the lyrics for the song they're using to replace Natural Born Killaz. There are more verses but I've already tuned it out because it's really embarrassing.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

bradzilla posted:

This is total poo poo so far. I understand there's going to be traffic problems, but the setup is total poo poo. Can't search whatsoever on the PS4 app, though the search function is present in the PS3 app. But searching for something like Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart brings up no results. What? I thought this thing had search metadata and I saw an earlier post that you're supposedly able to skip segment by segment through shows but I see nowhere to do that on wwe.com and pressing L1/R1 in the PS4 app doesn't work at all. Am I missing something, or is all the search stuff not working because of traffic?

Threatening to do a class action lawsuit because your uncle is a lawyer is all you're missing.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Gatts posted:

I have this image of Vince and Stephanie whipping the Programmers/Designers/etc. and telling them to FIX IT! FIX IT! while threatening that if they don't, Hunter's going to pedigree them for their failure.

Vince is every 19 year old WoW player demanding Blizzard to flip the "more servers turn on" switch right now.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
The live stream is really screwed for me at this point and keeps buffering and freezing and chopping and repeating. Old PPVs stream just fine, though.

This is a cool product and I hope it's up and running completely for tonight's RAW

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Supreme Allah posted:

Don't you people have jobs. I'll wait to sign up when I get home, hoping it's not too slammed just before Raw.

We get free wifi to use on our breaks here at the dick sucking factory.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

gfanikf posted:

Imagine implies that what you are saying is somehow unrealistic or imaginary, and not the absolute goddamn truth of what is occurring now.

It's unrealistic because he's not yelling "VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON" when he says his name

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Is anybody else getting 404s when they go to the "MY ACCOUNT" page?

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Dunbar posted:

I wonder if there is a difference in performance between the VOD stuff and the live stream. Because the live stream has run perfectly in HD for me with no issues. But the on demand stuff hasn't been great.

It has been the exact opposite for me.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

triplexpac posted:

Yeah just worked for me too!

I signed up in Canada, FYI. Seems to be working fine with an extension I use called "Media Hint". Loaded up Wrestlemania 17 just fine.

I have a proper VPN at home, but at work I just use the Chrome extension.

I've been using Hola with the region set to USA. On Demand loads great, streaming buffers lots. I seem to be the only person with this problem, though, so I'm trying different extensions and stuff. Media Hint gives a "Media Not Found" error for the livestream.

What VPN stuff has been working well for this, so far?

A Keg fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 24, 2014

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
The "Contact Us" link just sends me to a page with an unhappy piece of paper on it

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I am watching Dave Arquette defend his World Heavyweight Championship.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Deadpool posted:

I just saw a promo of Steven Regal working an excavator. :allears:

He was a very manly man. A real man's man.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
The livestream and on demand stuff is working fine for me now.

Cool :)

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

projecthalaxy posted:

I got in, got my credit card to work, am watching WCW Uncensored 1996 in frankly amazing quality. Did they upscale this stuff?

E: Dusty just said Hulkamania needs to win this match to break into the 90s. In October 1996.

Watching old promos makes me kind of thankful for writing teams.

"I'm going to make you see Sting what it's like to walk around streets without your dignity just like I have" - Vampiro, employed pro wrestler making probably 300k/year, 2000

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S9ODZCk0H4

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

projecthalaxy posted:

Please do not speak poorly of that feud. It is Literally The Best Thing.

I will not speak poorly of The Millionaires Club or any other storyline from WCW's dying days, as long as TNA has copied it.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Nevermind the live stream is back to not working for me. Poo.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I wonder if any international people could post how things are going for them right now. It seems like you need a VPN to get the live stream working if you're outside the US, or at least that's my experience:

- With just something like Media Hint or Hola, I can only see on demand stuff. The livestream gives a "media not found" error.
- With a VPN service like Unblock US, I can see the livestream and on demand stuff.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

NoMoneyDown posted:

I will also make a habit of this when it starts airing. Especially because I like the idea of seeing such new blood that will be the old blood many years from now.

Realistically, it'll be more like watching the Jung Dragons in WCW, in that Jimmy Yang will get hired/fired 3 times and the others will be unheard of for all of eternity.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

AKA Driver posted:

If the numbers are crazy enough, I'm gonna bet they'll have a press release out by the end of the day/week.

I could see them announcing some inflated figure during RAW tonight.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hope it's both massive and uninflated because this is the BEST THING.

It's really really good. I'm marking out, bro. This is a mark out moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If you're being ironic, I'm not. I am Matt Striker right now.

I'm not, I'm dorking out like some kind of nerd about wrestlemans right now.