Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
App observations:

PS4:
The text input has Circle mapped to select, and X to back, but X is select everywhere else.
No search feature yet
Sounds on every scroll and select

iOS:
Search for Ziggler, but it didn't give me Dolph. Instead it suggested Zig Zag and showed me every available Zig Zag

General:
There is a search/superstar entry for "Rolph Ziggler" with no content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

goons who have registered today, what was your order # if you don't mind sharing!

8:33 Eastern time

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Everyone is having problems with the network:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Grey posted:

I haven't signed up yet and am not fully understanding how this works.

Take something like Legends House. So... that will air live stream at a specific date/time? Will it be available on demand after that? Will they keep the entire backlog of episodes, or only the most recent?

With original content like that (Countdown and Wrestlemania Rewind being a couple other examples), it has a set day and time for the original airing, much like a traditional cable network. As soon as it is done, it is available to stream anytime. As far as limited on demand availability, no one is sure about that yet.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Supreme Allah posted:

I'm loving some these names they gave the old Raw episodes

June 10, 2012: Back to the Future... Endeavored.

All the modern Raws have episode titles, as evidenced by the leaked scripts that sometimes pop up.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Well on my phone i got to the headshrinkers entrance at summerslam 94 before buffer hell. PS3 its just Lawler showing up

I queued up Wrestlemania 26 and got through to see a Johnny Nitro break dance leg drop at 11 minutes in. That was a new record for me.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

Yep, I can too on PC.

Here is next week's Wrestlemania Rewind: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31379409

I can see the Austin: Beyond The Ring, but it permabuffers for me, and I don't have the patience to wait and see if it loads.

Just use the schedule, and jump to Monday and the rest of next week

I'm watching the Austin BTR on my Apple TV and it is great.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm curious as to why 94-97 is completely omitted in the RAW back catalogue. What's in there that they don't want us to see?

They are holding back a lot of the stuff promised on launch so people don't use the free week and bail.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Unfortunately, my WWE Network on Xbox 360 has constantly just loaded up to the login screen and won't let me do anything. It's just frozen where the only button that works is the one that sends me back to the dashboard. The update didn't fix it at all.

That really sucks :( Anyone have any suggestions?

Delete the app and redownload it?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

There's probably a decent amount of people who still watch it on Hulu.

NXT airs on tv in a bunch of international markets and presumably sold Arrival as a PPV in those markets.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I turned on Fatal Four Way to watch Jericho/Bourne and watched one of the dumbest PPVs ever. That is what I get for choosing weirdo c-level shows.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Spikeguy posted:

Watching NXT episode 211 and I'm really enjoying it. Love this little bit of commentary.

Byron: You get ahead any way you can in this business.
Renee: Taking the easy route there eh Byron? Classic you.

I don't know poo poo about Byron, except that he's an enemy of Renee Young. And I already hate him fore it.

Byron wrestled in FCW and the original NXT, as well as some commentary stints on ECW. Right now he is an occasional ring announcer (he was at the last house show I was at), but mostly is a heel NXT commentator. He also books some of NXT and is part of the new Main Event announce team with Tom Philips and does app interviews.

The dude is crazy talented and along with Renee, shows that the future of commentary is bright.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

I'm still not 100% convinced I'll be able to watch Wrestlemania on my Appletv with a minimum of bullshit. Have they done any further live to air shows since NXT?

They are running the live taping of Main Event every Tuesday up until Wrestlemania. I haven't had any issues watching them.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

He's not a brony but he received a Big E pony toy from a fan last Wrestlemania.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKaHKd8Ov0

The Big E Wrestlemania diary on Thursday's "Wrestlemania Today" might be my favorite video of his. It is so good I'm almost angry at his inability to perform his goofy big guy character to a live audience.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Albert is miles better than Alex Riley on color commentary if their NXT experiences are anything to go by. Riley can't hang with Regal nearly as well.

Riley is great in short bursts on panel discussions, but often gets lost during matches doing commentary and ends up yelling to make a dumb point.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't be shocked if the entire VOD library was taken down and only the live stream (with scroll back) was available as of 5 PM tomorrow.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I think the issue with WWE Network day 1 was the fact that they hadn't pre-cached all the videos on all the CDN servers, not so much an issue of not having enough servers.

They actually cached most of the recent PPVs and Wrestlemanias, but not the WCW and ECW stuff that people wanted day one.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a new Countdown show every week? Hasn't been one since April 7th

It was preempted last week because of the Warrior Week programming.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Book the US title as a workhorse title and defend it once a month on TV with NXT style feuds. I don't see what is hard about that.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

I remember one time Piper was on commentary during a Saba Simba match and randomly yelled something like "You can't fool me, that's Tony Atlas!" Vince muttered something like "No I believe you're mistaken, that's Saba Simba."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG5LI168rBo

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Watching 'Table for 3' and holy poo poo, Cesaro is incapable of telling a story.

I'm sure his stories sound better in the original German.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you want to know what is up on the Network, someone made a twitter bot that indexes new episodes as they go up:

https://twitter.com/WWE_Network_Bot

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
HDMI CEC is the worst supported feature ever.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Are you connected to the Internet via Ethernet or wifi on the PS4?

PlayStations have kind bad wifi. If you can Ruth a cable to it, do it

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They just started it today but it's gonna be a weekly deal. Today was a DX tribute.

DX is a faction that is finally getting more and more recognition these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What a company