Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Gavok posted:

Personally, I want to see the entire run of Prime Time Wrestling. Nothing but Bobby Heenan segments and random midcard matches as far as the eyes can see.

Yep. SuperStars, Wrestling Challenge, PTW and SNME is where it's at for my nostalgia. Totally worth the $10/month to have Heenan on a loop as background noise in my office. I also wouldn't mind seeing a little Mania and Action Zone tossed into the mix. I remember seeing a pretty decent Bret/Owen match on one of the first episodes of Action Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

TheJoker138 posted:

E: Hey, here's a question. Is there any site, like a wiki maybe, that I can go to and type in Mankind or Undertaker or whoever and it'll give me a chronological list of their PPV appearances/matches? If I could sort search results on here by date that wouldn't be an issue, but I can't so it is.

cagematch.de and profightdb.com are both great for this.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

TUS posted:

Finally got TLC 12 up and running! :woop: I just wanted to see how The Shield vs Hell No/Ryback stacked up against The Shield vs Wyatts. (Answer is that they are both amazing matches)

I've been trying to watch this since launch and it worked flawlessly finally on the iPad tonight. Was able to skip right to it with no issues at all or even a loss of quality at any point. Seconding the amazingness of the match.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Deadpool posted:

I don't know if you can do this on other devices, or the PC, but on the ipad I can watch some stuff scheduled for the future that's not in on demand yet. Like the second episodes of Wrestlemania Rewind and Beyond the Ring. The episode of Smackdown with Arnold Schwarzenegger. And an MSG show with Andre vs Kamala in a steel cage. It's kind of hit and miss on stuff depending on the time you pick.

Thanks for the heads up Deadpool. Just got done with WrestleMania Rewind on the iPad and it was pretty good stuff and neat to hear Gary Thorne do the voice overs for. After the first two count Andre gets on Hogan you can clearly hear Heenan yell "That was 3 rear end in a top hat!". Always fun finding new things you never caught before on previous watches as someone mentioned earlier. I kind of wish they would make this episode for example where it's applicable a little longer and cover a few other matches as well. Savage vs. Steamboat could have been cool to hear some insight on as well as seeing the build leading up to it. Also Piper vs. Adonis which is easily the second best match on the card which isn't saying much but the psychology is fantastic and hats off to Jimmy Hart who bumps all over the place during that match for the time. This was supposed to be Pipers last match.

I'm betting they skip right over WrestleMamia IV the way this series is going like they did with WrestleMania 2 and go straight into the Mega Powers exploding at WrestleMania V with Hogan vs. Savage for the next episode.

I haven't had any problems at all in the past two days minus the NXT Arrival issues everyone experienced so things are looking up.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Gavok posted:

1991 was when I started watching wrestling and during that year I went to two MSG house shows. I can't wait for the Network to put those up because it's going to be nostalgic as hell for me.

One had a main event of Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter in a Desert Storm Match, which is a no-DQ match where Hogan got to wear fatigues and a gas mask. The other show had Ultimate Warrior vs. Undertaker in a Bodybag Match, coming a couple years before they realized that caskets are far cooler and more impressive-looking.

Back when they were running the WWE MSG Classics show on MSG Network I remember seeing both of these shows so a good chance they will put them up. I always was curious to see when Bret dropped the title to the Mountie before the 92 Rumble. For some reason I always thought this happened at MSG but it was in Springfield, Mass so there goes that. I think they stopped running these on TV in 1992 which is too bad because there are two other MSG shows I always wanted to see. Both in 1994, one where they have a random Royal Rumble where Owen Hart wins and I also wouldn't mind seeing the full show Diesel wins the title at.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
360 looks to be working pretty good and the quality is great. A few WWF/E and all WCW and ECW PPVs are missing but this app has only been live a few hours so
I'm sure that will all be added in time.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
That was terrifying to watch as a kid. The only other segment I can remember them throwing the big red X on was when Savage was tied up in the ropes and the cobra was biting into his arm. Any other instances I'm forgetting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
On the Legends of Wrestling "In Through the Outdoors" episode they touch on WrestleMania IX. There is some what I found pretty interesting backstage footage of Vince and Shawn talking along with the production team and what all went into setting up the arena. Is this footage from another DVD? I can't imagine it was only released for this episode of Legends of Wrestling. I'm really interested in this type of stuff and would love to see more of it.