Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I can't even log in to wwe.com to begin the process of getting the Network yet, they must be really getting slammed.

That's probably a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, I guess I made a Network account because now when I click on the WWE Network stuff it takes me to a page with a bunch of videos to watch (they're all unavailable though), so I suppose this is the free trial stuff?

Where exactly do I buy the drat subscription? I click on My Account and it takes me to my profile page, I click on Billing Information and it tells me "you do not have a WWE network subscription, please visit WWE.com to buy one".

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I actually found where to buy the Network, you have to go to the Shop page.

But the service was unavailable when I tried to get it to process my credit card information :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

gfanikf posted:

Imagine implies that what you are saying is somehow unrealistic or imaginary, and not the absolute goddamn truth of what is occurring now.
I'm amusing myself by picturing a cubicle farm full of dudes typing frantically, and every few minutes the lights above one cubicle flicker, there's a GONG, and that guy disappears.

CODE FASTER, FOR DEATH STALKS THESE HALLS

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I just got through, so now might be a good time to try.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sky Shadowing posted:

I went through this, so I'm going to document my experiences in the hopes it helps someone.

I think when we create an account all you're creating is a WWE.com account, not a full-blown trial account (despite the fact that the links we're clicking all say 'Create an Account for Free Trial!' For some reason they don't seem to check permissions when the network pages open, but when it tries to load the video it does, doesn't see them, and the video doesn't load. I'm guessing this may be because MLBAM has it set up to check cable providers on other services (WatchESPN, etc.), and it's probably just easier to do.

In order to access the video, you have to go to http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork , which has a big yellow button for 'One Week Free Trial'. You WILL have to put in payment info so they can charge you if you don't cancel before the week is out. Once you get access, which is not easy if the sign-up pages are still getting smashed, videos will load for you in the Network pages.

They've made it pretty obtuse, so I'm hoping I can help someone out.
This was my exact experience too, please put this post in the OP.

You have to go to the shop page and they do zero job of sending you there.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lynkericious posted:

Any time I try to load a video up it says "Media Error: Video not available". Apparently I'm the only one with this problem? Cause I can't find anyone else complaining about it.
Did you actually buy it through the shop or just create a wwe.com account like it directs you to when you click on the network like a sane person?

Because you have to go to the shop and buy it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Man, I missed the backstage pass and I still can't get VOD stuff to load :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

How come they haven't put any of their documentaries up on the Network yet? The nWo Beyond The Ring has me wanting to watch Rise and Fall of WCW, but I can't (I mean, until I turn off the Network and turn on Netflix, but that's sort of the point).

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

Have you seen Rise and Fall of WCW? Because you really shouldn't want to watch that ever.
I liked it!

The interview where Jericho just can't get over how cheap WCW sold for and goes "if I'd known that was the price, I would have bought it!" is worth the price of admission all by itself.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

What's important isn't how the Network's doing now. What's important is that, in 10-15 years when the internet subscription model has suddenly exploded and is killing broadcast TV, the WWE will be there, already entrenched and with a subscription base. It's amazingly forward-looking and is going to have them sitting pretty when a lot of established brands are flailing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I really, really wish Monday Night Wars was chronological instead of jumping from topic to topic. It's really jarring when the last time we've heard from the WWE they were stuck in the 80s and then boom, apparently DX appeared while we were watching the NWO? Go back and do it in order, goddammit, I want to see how the companies were reacting to each other.