Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

WWE posted a list of all the PPVs that will be available on demand the minute the WWE Network starts.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-per-view-on-wwe-network

And yes, Over The Edge 1999 is listed. I'd imagine, and hope, that it'll be edited though.

That's a spicy fuckin meatball. Although I never followed ECW closely - is this a truncated list, or about right for the overall output of the company:

quote:

ECW PPV List

Barely Legal
Hardcore Heaven '97
November to Remember '97
Living Dangerously '98
Wrestlepalooza '98
Heatwave '98
November to Remember '98
Guilty as Charged '99
Living Dangerously '99
Hardcore Heaven '99
Heatwave '99
Anarchy Rulz '99
November to Remember '99
Guilty as Charged 2000
Living Dangerously 2000
Hardcore Heaven 2000
Heatwave 2000
Anarchy Rulz 2000
November to Remember 2000
Massacre on 34th St. 2000
Guilty as Charged 2001
ECW One Night Stand (2005)
ECW One Night Stand (2006)
December to Dismember (2006)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I suspect that for many people, the cable/dish networks are the heels in this program. They are overpriced dinosaurs that have been offering poor service and terrible value for many years. So while their whining may be justified from some perspective, I'd bet most WWE Network subscribers could not possibly care less about their sad little song or lost potential revenue.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

jtm33 posted:

Very informative, thanks! Was thrown off by the use of the word "cable", it seems to have a special meaning in the US? It means the transmission medium and the TV companies? I guess I am just not used to how subscription TV works and how massive it seems to be in the US. Never had it and none of my friends ever have, it is very uncommon in my country.

If you've heard of Sky TV in Europe it's the same concept, only the US is massive and so has a bunch of providers depending on your area.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm going to watch all of Sabus PPV matches, and become the Pagoda's leading Sabu expert.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Don't you people have jobs. I'll wait to sign up when I get home, hoping it's not too slammed just before Raw.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sky Shadowing posted:

On the bright side, the pages are moving much faster now that the credit card system is melting at the seams :downs:.

So many people are trying to give Vince money that it's breaking the internet.

I like to imagine he's been screaming his head off all morning. GIVE ME THE NEW NUMBERS THESE ARE FIVE MINUTES OLD I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Signed up -- took all of five minutes, and two of those were because I forgot to turn off my script blocker. AHH poo poo FLAIRS SKIN IN HD

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm loving some these names they gave the old Raw episodes

June 10, 2012: Back to the Future... Endeavored.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
The commercials and seeing what the people in the audiences are wearing, is nostalgia overload. So many mullets, mullets everywhere.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I would expect them to offer 360 owners an extra week trial or something when its fixed.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
At the time it was out of the blue with basically no expectation for what was coming. The lack of expectation was a big reason Foley thought they needed to go insane - it was a main event lead-in but had no real hype (audience or backstage). So Foley went ahead and told Taker to murder him for real.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Indeed this was incredible. The Betsy Ross flag also implies that he's been walking the planet as an undead for hundreds of years.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hockles posted:

I am about to ruin this for you, as someone on here has ruined it for me.

Rick Steiner celebrates before he could possibly know what is inside the coat.

Uh it's obvious from Takers body language and that he hasn't slaughtered everyone else in the ring that he's about to take their side!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vince isn't paying ten times what Sandman drew in his career for his theme so it's as moot as points get.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Are they going to shut down the VOD and other services while Mania plays, to reduce whatever, server load?

It would seem to make sense.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

flatluigi posted:

My only complaint was that I was in a chat with a bunch of other people watching it and for some reason everyone was super out of sync with each other even on refresh, so by the end I was basically ignoring chat so I didn't get spoiled on the next spot/pin attempt in the next 20 seconds.

I had it going on a tablet and my PC and the tablet was consistently 10 seconds behind. They both ran without a hiccup though, incredibly.

Apparently initial subscriber numbers are good and come out tomorrow.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Retromancer posted:

really the thing that kicked this line of thought off for me was Alvarez and Vinny talking

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Well 1 mil this fast would have been nice but unrealistic, I think 670k is a respectable number and after last night, the word of mouth should be excellent. It could have been really bad.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sky Shadowing posted:

You weren't watching on two separate devices, were you? If you were they may have called you out on it and cancelled it- terms of service stated only 1 device at a time.

I don't think this is correct, I had it going on my PC and a tablet for the entire PPV (doing a lot of running around last night). They were 10 seconds apart but both consistent and without any issues.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

Huh I'm getting this error
PDOException: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'House'' at line 1: SELECT nid FROM {node} WHERE type='show_schedule' AND title='Legends' House'; Array ( ) in wwe_widgets_network_program_full_render() (line 79 of /u01/www/wwecom7a/html/sites/all/modules/wwe/wwe_widgets/widgets/landing/network_program_full/network_program_full.inc).

Wonder what that means?

Oh good not just me.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I'm kind of bummed, I wanted to watch tonight's shows :smith:

Its working for me now.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

njsykora posted:

That was part of the gimmick though, and he accepted it fully knowing it would get him heat with the boys.

I read DeBiase also would use some of the 'flash money' Vince gave him to buy rounds of drinks and stuff for the guys -- sharing the wealth a bit so they wouldn't resent him quite so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am curious who will be #1, I can't predict this one. Legion of Doom? Probably will be NAO.