Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Greeting message from Vince!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Now I'm having an issue getting the list of PPVs to populate. I wouldn't be too shocked if it goes down today.

Edit: it's mostly that the longer running events are taking significantly longer to populate; not even going to try the "all events" list.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Site's down and I can't sign up. :toot:

I'm logged in & signed up but can't get any videos to play :toot:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Over the Edge 99 starts with a tribute image to Owen noting that he died during the broadcast. Nothing else obviously stuck at the beginning.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
It's the launch, of course some things are going to be hosed up.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WrestleMania I is a childhood of treasury of bad promos between the Masked Executioner and Brutus Beefcake. That alone is worth this month's $10.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Mr Scumbag posted:

Aren't episodes of RAW supposed to be available to stream straight after airing? I could have sworn it said that in the FAQ.

They're waiting 30 days, likely because of the Hulu agreement.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I've got a Media Error: Video not available after clicking on TLC 2013. Which, really, is probably for the best.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

just going through the schedule it looks like they're adding more msg/wccw/raws on a weekly basis, as shows not available to watch are on the schedule. will be interesting to see if current content is deleted though

It sure as gently caress better not be deleted :cop:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Literally The Worst posted:

Would there be any interest in picking like one show a week to watch and talk about? Like a random awful WCW PPV or ECW Hardcore TV or something.

Yes, if my schedule allows.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Vintimus Prime posted:

What bugs me about it was, they put all that effort into it and never pulled the trigger on Lex becoming champion. I don't get it. They were (seemingly) building him up to be the next mega-face ala Hogan.

He didn't get the reactions, though.

Just watched the Raw with the Brutus Beefcake comeback promo. In one of the pauses, an rear end in a top hat in the crowd screams as "KILL YOURSELF" as loud as he can.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Vintimus Prime posted:

Holy crap, which Raw was this?

Raw #4, if I'm not mistaken. The one the week after the great Hennig/Flair Loser Leaves Town Match. The hyped main event for the next week was... Doink vs. Typhoon.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
(Sorry for the double post)

Is there interest in watching stuff off the Network together on non-PPV Sundays? I could organize something the Sunday after next.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

As long as it doesn't clash with total divas, sure

Would Saturdays be better?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
If this is Luger's actual theme song on the fourth Raw, I can't imagine that working for anyone at all.

Edit: And then they have a fat lady do the placard deal, much to Luger's DISGUST. This is the same episode as a Tatanka match AND Jim Duggan doing a call-in interview over a Yokozuna match. Oh, early 90s. :allears:

Fake editx2: Mr. Perfect passing a football to himself!

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 31, 2014

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The only issue I've had recently is that videos skip forward ten seconds randomly in Firefox, which is a bit annoying if you don't catch it fast enough.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Del Rio is basically Alex Wright without the dancing.

There's still time though.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, Rob Bartlet in these early RAWs are worth it just for Heenan going. "Where the hell did you get this guy? :psyduck:" Every time he says something stupid.

Going back a couple pages but I've been using old Raws as background noise while studying. You haven't got to the episodes where Bartlett has his "microphone was taken away" by an irate Randy Savage.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

That Rob Bartlett guy always baffles me when I hear him. How the hell did he last more than one event on commentary there?

By episode six you can tell everyone knows it's a failure. Vince ignores his jokes and Bartlett will go 15 minutes without even saying anything at all.

If Bartlett had any idea what he was doing, it might have worked, but he didn't. He bounces back and forth between insulting faces, heels and even the audience. It was like a psychology-free mid-90s Jerry Lawler.

Also, Yokozuna never had a good solo match but he was pretty impressive athletically.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

It's what a guy in the crowd shouted at Beefcake when he was giving his sob story about how bad his life had been at that moment.

An incredibly awkward moment in wrestling history.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Justin Godscock posted:

A buddy of mine said that Albert has the same vocal cadence as Seth Rogan and I can't get it out of my head now.

How does he laugh?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I talked about starting a semi-regular "let's watch the network!" thing. You guys want to do this Saturday evening ET?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The Levesque Game is now on the Network. Stephanie is matching HHH at about 50%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

The American Dream posted:

They added the summer slam spectacular 1993 today. It’s a hype show for summer slam from a week before.

The last match is the Steiners vs money inc cage match.

Watch this match y’all, it’s drat good.