Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Ahh, Lost Kingdoms. I have a lot of fond memories of this series, I should go dig out my copy and give it a re-play. Your voice is pleasant to listen to and you're very thorough as well, so I'll be watching this LP!

And I'll be sure to tell you some cool cards to show off, but that will be later, when you get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

PAMaster posted:

I'd have to find a copy, first. I've never even played the sequel.

You are missing out. It continues the fine tradition of excellent gameplay mixed with an incredibly generic story. It even improves on the first's gameplay! It adds a 6th element that is weak to itself and a million more cards, and you can actually just straight up replay stages before you beat the game! (That second one is a minor spoiler for this game, and the first one is a minor spoiler for the second game)

I highly recommend hunting down a copy, if you enjoyed this game.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Crystal Rose is a fantastic card, you need to use it in an episode or two :colbert:

Or maybe it's only fantastic in LK2, I don't recall how it was in the first game. Use it anyway.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Pro tip: Sea Monks and Mind Flayers are the trick to capturing everything you goddamn see. The cost to capturing monsters is it eats a lot of cards - both of them return cards to your deck. The trick is that they can return each other to your deck, along with all the other things you want to use to capture things.

So, since you have 2 Sea Monks and a Mind Flayer, you're at the point in the game where you can now just capture everything you want forever, and the more of each you put in your deck the more sustainable this gets.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

I absolutely loved LK2, but despite my friend lending me his copy of LK1 I couldn't get into the 'Random Battle arena' thing after all of LK2's battles just taking place there in the map.

We'll never get a Lost Kingdoms 3, will we? :smith:

FROM is still existing and going strong, so it's technically a possibility. (No, we never will)

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
If you're still accepting deck gimmicks, you should go through a level with nothing but independent monsters in your deck sometime. No summons, no weapons, just things that run around while you run away from everything.

Also, I see you've filled your deck with 3 crystal roses now, even though you said they were garbage earlier in the LP. I told you they're good.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

PAMaster posted:

I do think that a full=blown draft deck mode would be rad as hell though.

If FROM ever answers my prayers and makes a Lost Kingdoms 3, a deck-drafting gimmick area would be one of the most amazing things to add in. Maybe as a PvP mode, with a PvE area that happened to have it.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Lost Kingdoms is kind of notable for just how badly it uses its plot. It sets up loads of cool things and does nothing with any of them and it's frankly incredible.

LK and LK2 aren't games you play for their story, you play them for the super rad card game summoning system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I never really had a problem with this temple, because the Unicorns and Mind Flayers were always a staple of my decks. Having a bunch of those in your deck lets you re-use powerful cards over and over and keep your deck self-sustaining forever, no matter how much crap the game throws at you. Going through this level with the ability to use 1 or 2 Fenrils every combat really makes the place a cakewalk.

• Locked thread