Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
Oh man, I really enjoy this game, even though in a few ways, it's not so fun to play. The deck building and action RPG battles are really neat, but the game is quite willing to screw you over without saying anything. On my first play of the game I went through some stages missing out on the boss reward card, saving, and then realising later I couldn't go back to the stage. Augh.

Also, Katia has awful movement, which isn't a problem right now, but will definitely becomes so once you start fighting in tighter spaces, or against foes with better attack speed and range than you.

The music's also pretty good in an understated way. The card shop theme in particular is really nice. Can't say the same for the environment design, though. It's a very grey game.

I have the sequel too - but I've not played more than the first hour or so of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
I kinda wish they had done more with the whole 'casting from HP' thing. Cards that do more damage or have a different effect when cast from health would give the opportunity for turnarounds when you're losing, and give braver players a different way to speedrun stages.

• Locked thread