Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Have France -3.5 on the spread but sneaking it in the last minutes is sweeter than the money I would've won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
Neither team has played great but I've really enjoyed this game.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Machenaud's especially poo poo, though.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bye England.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

Machenaud's especially poo poo, though.

This is true but still, gently caress England, go (team playing England), all is well in the world of Rugby today.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Farrell was pretty hosed for the last 10 minutes.

Despatcher
Nov 26, 2007
Generously Syndromed
Did they announce the MOTM in that game?

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Well played France, frankly on the first 35 minutes alone you should've won it.

goatface posted:

Farrell was pretty hosed for the last 10 minutes.

No fly-half cover was really really stupid.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Plucky Brit posted:

Well played France, frankly on the first 35 minutes alone you should've won it.

No fly-half cover was really really stupid.

England should have won it on the following 35 minutes though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tyma posted:

So which France did show up?

The best France!
The same France which always shows up, standing around ciggies dangling from their mouths, thinking they don't need to put any effort in. Then with 10 minutes to go they say "Allez" and go on and win it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

CyberPingu posted:

If you can tolerate slightly high prices, though the Magners is usually on special. The Three Sisters down Cowgate is probably the best place to watch rugby. Tyma will back me up on that

The Oz Bar on Candlemaker Row is pretty good as well, though a little expensive. Watched the Lions tour there and the atmosphere was great :)

The Peartree on West Nicholson Street is pretty good as well and the prices aren't bad. The Three Sisters has the problem that it can be quiet at times if it's not full of stag and hen parties.

Just some extra places to watch the games in the future and anyone happens to be in Edinburgh and not at Murrayfield.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
I had to leave at half time. Seems like i missed english hopes getting raised then dashed?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

stavros880 posted:

I had to leave at half time. Seems like i missed english hopes getting raised then dashed?

Like you wouldn't believe.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If Italy can't win, at least I can count on my French cousins to make up for it by breaking a few hearts

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Vagabundo posted:

Like you wouldn't believe.

The game isn't on iPlayer so I'm having to watch it on Youtube. Quality is pretty good, but the commentary is in Spanish. I might have to watch more rugby in Spanish, definitely makes it sound more exciting.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

stavros880 posted:

The game isn't on iPlayer so I'm having to watch it on Youtube. Quality is pretty good, but the commentary is in Spanish. I might have to watch more rugby in Spanish, definitely makes it sound more exciting.

I point you to this video here, the commentator is great and makes the game much more exciting. No idea what the commentator is saying but he really likes saying "Richie Gray" a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0v4DjViyoE

Despatcher
Nov 26, 2007
Generously Syndromed

Vaders Jester posted:

The Oz Bar on Candlemaker Row is pretty good as well, though a little expensive. Watched the Lions tour there and the atmosphere was great :)

The Peartree on West Nicholson Street is pretty good as well and the prices aren't bad. The Three Sisters has the problem that it can be quiet at times if it's not full of stag and hen parties.

Just some extra places to watch the games in the future and anyone happens to be in Edinburgh and not at Murrayfield.

If Scotland are playing, there's nothing like watching it in Kay's bar on Jamaica street. It's thick with retired players and the pub is the size of a small hatchback.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Despatcher posted:

If Scotland are playing, there's nothing like watching it in Kay's bar on Jamaica street. It's thick with retired players and the pub is the size of a small hatchback.

Kay's bar is pretty decent but the size is a bit of an issue if you want to watch the game. I really like the Peartree.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Despatcher posted:

That reminds me of the time I met Geoff Cross. Was at a friend's wedding and he was a school friend of the groom. Absolute chock of a man, got loudly drunk and when the ceilidh started he demonstrated an incredible quality: he physically couldn't move sideways. The dancing had to pivot around him! Great night and utterly hilarious.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Paul O'Connell is out,meaning Dan Tuohy starts and Iain Henderson moves to the bench

I'm getting more and more worried about Ireland losing this the closer it gets to kickoff.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
If you watch the montage in slow-motion, you can actually pin-point the exact moment that HipGnosis' husband starts crying!

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Ireland are looking a little toothless here, that's where we miss Sean O Brien.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

S'gonna be one of those games, isn't it? Ireland can't attack because they're injury ravaged and Scotland can't attack because they don't know how.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Yep its not exactly a classic so far.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Oh gently caress, that looked painful.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bollocks. That's probably going to knock him out for a while.

Now the question is, can Max Evans remember how to play?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

And game over. I don't expect Scotland to come back from that in the 2nd half.

What else is on? *channel flicks*

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Well, there's still a whole half for Laidlaw to kick more penalties. It was good enough to beat Ireland last year :v:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

loving Rob Kearney scarpered with the ball!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Fuuuuuuuck.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards the Scottish line?

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Good try, simple stuff but done well.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Ireland should sell chroma-key advertising on their jerseys.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6z8pfTYXg8

The best ad involving Irish rugby.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Kinda funny that now Scotland have some good backs, their pack goes to poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh hey, I forgot the Six Nations was back on. Oh dear Scotland :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like another wooden spoon year for Scotland unless Italy really sucks.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Hahaha, The RDS crowd were so torn between their innate instinct of remaining absolutely silent during a spot kick, and their overwhelming need to applaud Brian O'Driscoll leaving the pitch.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Well this game was a disappointment... Scotland, yet again, proving to be much worse than their potential :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Tyma posted:

Hahaha, The RDS crowd were so torn between their innate instinct of remaining absolutely silent during a spot kick, and their overwhelming need to applaud Brian O'Driscoll leaving the pitch.

RDS?

It's at the Aviva

• Locked thread