Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mister Chief posted:

Mine's just the Lions.

Lets suffer together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Even though I didn't watch the game ha ha loving ha ha the Lions beat the Stormers.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Vagabundo posted:

.. France in particular have been hot and cold.

So the usual then.

edit: Never change France.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Plucky Brit posted:

I really wouldn't be surprised if France lose to Scotland

The only way that this would happen is if France played (and beat) New Zealand the week before.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea, how does Scotland, Wales and Ireland fans feel about the British Lions?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
In other news the Lions beat the Blues. I wonder what route the champions parade through Jozi is going to take.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Swan Curry posted:

I was looking for a Super Rugby team to support and I wanted one that would fill me with hope but in the end let me down,an Australian friend told me to support the Waratahs.They're looking good so far,hopefully I can watch them lose in some ridiculous fashion later in the series.

My friend let me tell you about the Lions. The last time the Lions won this tournament there were only 10 teams in it. For the last....dozen or so years the Lions have been terrible. In fact they redefined what it means to be terrible. They were so terrible that if you had to look up terrible in the dictionary it would say "see Lions". You think I am joking but I am not. For proof the Lions, one of the biggest and longest running unions in South Africa was kicked out of the Super Rugby tournament. Kicked out. Replaced by a team no-one knew existed, but figured had to be better than the Lions. Replaced by a team with no international capped players. A team that has never played in an international tournament before. A team that is a second league team in South Africa's national competition (well not second league but far below the big boys). They were doomed for failure but the people that kicked the Lions out assumed that this team couldn't suck as much as the Lions did. They did suck though, and the Lions were reinstated back into the tournament. Everyone still expects the Lions to suck.
Right now the Lions are 4th in the league and are 4-2.
I believe they fulfill your criteria.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
In a perfect world the Waratahs will make it to the finals. Only to lose to the Lions.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Unimpressed posted:

e: also, similarly to a Bledisloe in Sydney, there would probably be as many local Lions supporters as Force supporters if it was played in Perth.

Same could be said for a Waratahs vs. Lions game.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Unimpressed posted:

I go to most games in Sydney. There are many more Kiwis in a game against NZ or a NZ Super Rugby team than there are Saffers in a game vs SA/SA SR team.

That is quite sad to hear. I am going to be in Sydney next month. Wish there were some games to go see.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

Waratahs vs the Bulls April 19th?

This would be a great game to watch (and I can support the Bulls as I used to live somewhat close to there even though I was more in the Johannesburg region) but I sadly leave on the 18th.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Just wanted to say that my team (the Lions) are such great trolls.
Also I got tickets to see Canada play Japan this weekend. Hoping for a good game.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Woke up early for the SA/Aus game and for the first 15 minutes of the second half and I wondered why I even bothered. In the last 15 minutes of the game I realised why. Jesus did SA just decide to turn it on like a bunch of possessed motherfuckers.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

butros posted:

So I'm in a cabin in upstate New York. How's the test thus far?

As a Boks fan I feel for you. That was an amazing game. Boks put the kicking game to rest and actually played an expanding running game.
To give you a taste of what you missed though the Boks were up by 11 points. Sadly New Zealand scored two tries (one conversion) and all of a sudden the Boks are down by a point with 5 minutes to go. Lambie attempts for a drop kick but misses it. Seconds are ticking away. Boks needs to press but the New Zealand defense has it's poo poo together. Schalk gets the ball at the half way line and gets tackled hard. Initially it is given as a NZ turnover shortly after but the ref goes to the TMO and low and behold Schalkie's tackler basically "tackled" him by shoving his shoulder into Schalkie's head. 2 minutes left. Boks are awarded a penalty. Not enough time to kick for the corner (also NZ have disrupted the Boks line-outs all game). Lambert is given the ball to kick for goal from 51m out. And.....he does. Boks take a 2 point lead with 1.5 minutes to go. They then hold on for dear life. And they do! Bokke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

JohnSherman posted:

Collar sucks

For a minute there a read that as "colour sucks".

• Locked thread