Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Well, I'm opposing a bandwagon here, so I doubt this will get anywhere, but Production x2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
I didn't know it was even possible to get negative money in this game. Live and learn Court Manners x2 :v:

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Pssh, what's sixteen lassi here or there? Study public speaking so we can give a rousing speech on our coronation day!

Or maybe we can talk our way out of being executed by an angry mob! Voting this.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Muraena posted:

I didn't know it was even possible to get negative money in this game. Live and learn Court Manners x2 :v:

To be honest, neither did I, but I had never religiously checked the treasury every week after raising a :krakken:, either. But when I posted "Wow, I have never seen a treasury so low before!", MegaZeroX PMed me saying (more or less) "just wait!"), and so I promptly played ahead from where we were, checking the treasury every week, and then I just giggled to myself until we got to see the treasury in the thread.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, I'm not sure what drove us straight into the red but keep in mind that the available funds is just the excess of estimated cash inflows over estimated cash outflows. Anything that negatively affects the inflows -- such as a kraken sinking all the trade ships and eating all our excise tax agents -- will have the effect of reducing our available funds too, possibly to the point that we can't afford to pay our bills anymore.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Man it's going to suck when Nova's economy goes down the tube after the Royal Administration defaults on their debt :ohdear:

Hopefully there are no credit rating bureaus around.

MegaZeroX posted:

Also, everyone, :bandwagon: my vote as you would Zonohedron's! Let's go Falconry x2!

Let's fly away now :911:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Haha falcons are nothing to our sweet, beautiful songs x2

no tux

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I never knew you could have a negative treasury!

MegaZeroX posted:

Also, everyone, :bandwagon: my vote as you would Zonohedron's! Let's go Falconry x2!

I also don't know what this will do if anything, so count me on the :bandwagon:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Let's fly away now :911:

Fly me to the moon where the kraken can't eat me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I wonder what effect that decoration check could possibly have had. Will the peasants and nobles be less likely to overthrow us now?

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
What more do you need beyond us now looking prettier? :colbert:

(In fact, this check is solely there to make you spend more money. Zonohedron is trying to sabotage the prudent financial goon policies).

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

I wonder what effect that decoration check could possibly have had. Will the peasants and nobles be less likely to overthrow us now?

I think it's just for fun; the commoner revolt would have replaced that event if we'd had one, so it can't be a last-chance "but I am so pretty! :sparkles:" way of avoiding a riot.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Reflexes x 2, to dodge the upcoming assassination attempt when our subjects realize we've bankrupted the country.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I peeked into the future and agreed with this post!

GloomMouse posted:

Dancing x2, because we are still a magical girl and we finally have time to work on our transformation sequence.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 13, 2014

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

ViggyNash posted:

Why not. Not like I have a better suggestion.

I want to see the look on a thief's face when they break into the treasure only to discover that there's nothing but a dirty little cloth bag only half full of coins.

e: Oh poo poo, I didn't realize we owed that money.

I'm pretty sure there's still money in there, but it's all earmarked for necessary expenditures. The numbers we get are our discretionary funds, which is presumably why owing the treasury money is an option at all.

We probably just stole a handful of coins from road repair or something.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Sure, what the hell. Let's do

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jefepato posted:

I'm pretty sure there's still money in there, but it's all earmarked for necessary expenditures. The numbers we get are our discretionary funds, which is presumably why owing the treasury money is an option at all.

We probably just stole a handful of coins from road repair or something.

You can't cut back on funding! You will regret this!

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Hey, we're doing what the first LLtQ LP thread did.

I too, will hop on the Falconry bandwagon. (x2)

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I had no idea we could empty the treasury. Better train 2x falcons to swoop down on shiny things to top it back up.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Dancing x2, because we are still a magical girl and we finally have time to work on our transformation sequence.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

GloomMouse posted:

Changing my vote up above because GloomMouse has a point, here :v:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Ciaphas posted:

Changing my vote up above because GloomMouse has a point, here :v:

Remember, bold that.

GloomMouse posted:

I also agree with this.

Knight Who Says Ni
Apr 26, 2014
Let's try and not flub our coronation speech, so do Public Speaking to get our score up to 50. We'll probably trip over our own feet anyway, but let's finish up with Dancing.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Be a dancing Magical Girl.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Tuxedos and falcons 4 lyfe :slick:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Sure i'll go with Falconry x 2, can't really think of anything else to pump our last few weeks into at this point.

Also keep the Magical Girl outfit till the end/death.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Falconry x2

Magical Girl outfit

Anyway, I am now picturing a country with a vastly oversized army and navy, a Queen with a full set of military and magical offensive skills and a country in need of booty. If we were slightly more cruel I'd have expected our neighbours to get nasty surprises in the near future with armies on their doorstep asking them to give up their lands and the likes...

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Court Manners x2 just to be contrary. Also, so we can politely decline any other requests for money.

Wear the tux if we still have a choice so that people will at least THINK we have money.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

GloomMouse posted:

I concur. Regarding money: it's likely poor Anime Dad will have to sell his crown jewels to fund Elodie's dowry...

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

alex314 posted:

I concur. Regarding money: it's likely poor Anime Dad will have to sell his crown jewels to fund Elodie's dowry...

But a dowry is what the bride's family gives the groom's family because the bride is going to be supported by the groom, or because the bride and groom need to set up an independent household, so we don't need a dowry: we're the Queen (or at any rate, by the time we marry Talarist we will be) and do not need to have money given for our support. :psyduck:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

zonohedron posted:

But a dowry is what the bride's family gives the groom's family because the bride is going to be supported by the groom, or because the bride and groom need to set up an independent household, so we don't need a dowry: we're the Queen (or at any rate, by the time we marry Talarist we will be) and do not need to have money given for our support. :psyduck:

So we're gonna get the dowry? I hope it includes money because we sorely need it.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl

paradoxGentleman posted:

So we're gonna get the dowry? I hope it includes money because we sorely need it.

How would she 'get' it, it's her money in the first place.

edit: Oh wait, you mean is her husband going to bring money with him? Good question. Maybe!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Dancing x2

Clearly we need to beat the Kraken in a dance-off.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

GloomMouse posted:

I'm down with this plan.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

gegi posted:

How would she 'get' it, it's her money in the first place.

edit: Oh wait, you mean is her husband going to bring money with him? Good question. Maybe!

Yeah, I forgot Elodie puts whole kingdom as her dowry, so I guess it'd be customary for her husband to foot the bill for all the celebrations, gifts, etc. Of course it could be completely alien tradition for makers of this game..

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Heck, they could be running with a bride price system by default instead. We might find out soon! :D

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed. I'm not going to be able to start counting votes until about half an hour from now.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Outfit

Magical Girl: 7

Tux: 2

No tux: 1

Classes

Falconry: 38

Dancing: 15

Reflexes: 8

Public Speaking: 5

Flattery: 4

Court Manners: 4

Ciphering: 2

Economics: 2

Production: 2

Voice: 2

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

At this time last year, you were celebrating your fourteenth birthday. You were in the school gardens, surrounded by your friends. A teacher brought you tea and cakes, while a wealthy merchant's son wove a crown of flowers for your head. It didn't matter so much that you were a princess then. Your title was something for the future. Many of your peers would be Duchesses or Earls or the like, someday, but not then. You were children. Your parents could not attend on the actual day, but they did send wonderful gifts, some for you, and some for you to share. And a week later, they came for a visit, and your mother took you with her through the countryside in a splendid carriage. It was the last time you would ever see her. You wonder if, wherever she is, she can see you now. You are fifteen years old, a legal adult. You have worked and studied and suffered and prepared, and now the time has come.

She calls upon the gods to deliver peace, wisdom, and prosperity to you, and through you, to all of Nova. And then she calls upon you, for your oath of rulership.

Priestess of the First Circle: Will you guide and govern and protect your people to the best of your ability, according to law and custom?

I will.

Priestess of the First Circle: Will you to the best of your power uphold the ideals of love, honor, justice, and mercy?

I will.

Priestess of the First Circle: Lords and Ladies assembled: I present to you your undoubted Queen, who has sworn you her loyalty. You who have come to give homage, will you do the same?

One at a time, the head of each duchy approaches your throne and kneels to swear his or her service to you and your heirs.

Priestess of the First Circle: People of Nova, I give you Elodie, daughter of Fidelia, your true sovereign. What say you all?

People: LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

So, what now?

Well, we have quite a few options. We can:

Option A: Start another goon run game from the beginning

Option B: Go back and do something people wanted to see (such as the naval battle and sacrifice). Once this option is selected, I will go back and go through and do the requested sections on my own.

Option C: Go through the checklist (AKA the achievements), select something that sounds interesting, and have me do it. If this option wins, we will have a secondary vote on what ones we want to do. The different achievements can be found here.

Option D: Have me do an evil Elodie playthrough on my own.

Option E: Have me do a smart, caring Elodie playthrough where she saves the day with the power of music! On my own.

Option F: Choose a named character you want to die, and I will make it happen.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Option B, redo the battle using our navy.

Preferably, unless there's any new important choices to make, have it go on auto-pilot from there.

• Locked thread