Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I wouldn't be able to start working on the update until 8, and probably wouldn't finish until 9, so I'm extending voting until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You sure got a lot more votes during that extra day. :v:

I assume everyone who votes checks the thread daily.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Classes

Composure: 10

Foreign Intelligence: 8

Public Speaking: 7

Trade: 7

Court Manners: 6

Reflexes: 6

Foreign Affairs: 5

Novan History: 3

Presence: 3

Royal Demeanor: 2

Voice: 1

Internal Affairs: 1

Elegance: 1

Winners

Composure

Foreign Intelligence

To clarify: when cruelty popped up, that was a cruelty check. It didn't indicate that we gained cruelty, but rather that we had enough cruelty to succeed. As to why we would need a check: Alice wouldn't accept it unless she had good motivation to do so. In this case, that motivation is fear of Elodie.

The reason Elodie has a lot of cruelty this time probably has to do with locking up a duchess, refusing to release her twice, giving her titles to her brother, going to taunt her before we left in fear, hunting a priestess because she was a lover of the duchess we imprisoned, trying to execute all of the prisoners that have brought their case to our court, and raising taxes.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Now EcoElodie can make even more money by gambling!

You have nothing more to learn about Composure.

As you are walking through the great hall, a freak gust of wind suddenly blows out all the candles in the room.

(An omen of war and danger...)

There's no sign of where the danger might be coming from, so there's nothing you can do about it. Perhaps it's nothing.

What classes should Elodie take to prepare for war/danger? Maybe the danger is not knowing a G flat from an C sharp. Also, what mood should Elodie be?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Get ANGRY willful and LEARN TO STAB THINGS WITH SHARP OBJECTS learn how to direct other people to stab things with sharp objects (x2).

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Battlefield Medicine.

We don't know which end of a sword is pointy, we can't dodge if our life depended upon it, but we might be able to triage ourselves out of lacerating our own liver with a rusty arrowhead. If we work at it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Trade x2. Never give up! Never surrender!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
We got a message from the Gods of Money that soon the time will come to protect our investments (and beat up witches).

Get Angry/Willful, train Strategy & Logistics

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ViggyNash posted:

Get ANGRY willful and LEARN TO STAB THINGS WITH SHARP OBJECTS learn how to direct other people to stab things with sharp objects (x2).

Indeed, and eventually, we need to find a magic teacher. We need to know how to resist all magic.

Then they'll learn. THEY'LL ALL LEARN!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm guessing that it's way too late to get enough fighting skills for whatever sort of war/danger is around the corner.

Get willful to study foreign intelligencex2 so we know who's killing us, I guess.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Stay yielding, study Elegance x2. War is bad for business, y'all.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

reflexes x2

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is this the part where the citizens rise up to overthrow their tyrannical oppressor?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Get willful, and train strategy x2.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Archenteron posted:

We got a message from the Gods of Money that soon the time will come to protect our investments (and beat up witches).

Yes this.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

ViggyNash posted:

This.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

MegaZeroX posted:

As you are walking through the great hall, a freak gust of wind suddenly blows out all the candles in the room.

(An omen of war and danger...)

All right, finally we're putting our divination skills to use and passing a check-

MegaZeroX posted:

There's no sign of where the danger might be coming from, so there's nothing you can do about it. Perhaps it's nothing.

:negative:

Let's get Willful for future skill growth, and finish maxing out Accounting and Production. Even if we get Willful this turn, we should be able to get enough bonuses to max em out.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Catalina posted:

All right, finally we're putting our divination skills to use and passing a check-

:negative:

Let's get Willful for future skill growth, and finish maxing out Accounting and Production. Even if we get Willful this turn, we should be able to get enough bonuses to max em out.

We've maxed out Accounting and Production already - the numbers in the skill image are yellow, as opposed to Trade's green 100.

Speaking of preparing for danger, let's study Reflexes x2 - so, optimally, we should be Afraid.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
An omen of war?

We already know how to profit from war but perhaps we should learn how to actually win one.

Strategy and Logistics.

e: Also get willful or angry.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Archenteron posted:

Ron Paul is sending us a message from his Seastead Utopia, he says we must do This.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Get Willful, then cram on Strategyx2.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh, I had it backwards! I thought yellow numbers were maxed out, and green meant it still had some to go. Well, I vote Trade x2 to give it more of a chance to win.

One Room Disco
Dec 23, 2013
Presence, Elegance. How can we lead an army if we aren't sufficiently regal yet? On that note, stay Yielding for now.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Presence X 2

It is waaaaaaaaay too late for us to prepare for fighting. We have 0 in every skill even vaguely useful in combat, when the game has thrown at least one skill check at us that requires 100.

If a war is coming, and it can't be won with money or our sacred ESP abilities, diplomacy is our next best bet.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
There is only one way to answer this threat, and that is to cry havoc and let slip the DOGS of war.

That is to say, we'll gift-wrap a dead puppy and mail it to Talasse because gently caress that tariff crap.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 3, 2014

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Strategy and Logistics. If war is coming we should probably know something about it.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
The danger is within our borders, from a fifth column. Possibly of lumens. We must level up internal affairs, and become cheerful, secure in the knowledge that we can purge our way out of any ordeal.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Change Elodie's mood, preferably to Willful but if it would be faster to get Angry, do that instead. If war is on the horizon, we want the +1 modifier to boost Military skills as fast as possible.

In the meantime, train Strategy to start work on Military abilities, and Trade to max our Economics skills before we switch to whatever outfit Military skills give when we get it, because it looks like we may take that extra +10 to pass some of the upcoming checks.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Elegance and Presence.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Reflexes x2

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

MegaZeroX posted:

To clarify: when cruelty popped up, that was a cruelty check. It didn't indicate that we gained cruelty, but rather that we had enough cruelty to succeed. As to why we would need a check: Alice wouldn't accept it unless she had good motivation to do so. In this case, that motivation is fear of Elodie.

The reason Elodie has a lot of cruelty this time probably has to do with locking up a duchess, refusing to release her twice, giving her titles to her brother, going to taunt her before we left in fear, hunting a priestess because she was a lover of the duchess we imprisoned, trying to execute all of the prisoners that have brought their case to our court, and raising taxes.

Clearly at this point the correct course of action is to go full-on Dread Lady Elodie.

Therefore, become angry and study double swords for maximum stabbing action.

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
I think we have enough time to work on foreign intelligence a bit.
willful, foreign intelligence, ciphering.
I think the true deciding factor will be choosing the right options that come up and being willing to not take them at face value.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Elodie, what is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their treasuries!

The gods are pleased with our holy pursuit of MONIES and have granted us this omen. We must heed it and begin expanding our economic zone through war!

We must learn Strategy so that we will best know how to conquer our enemies, and Logistics so that we will know how best to get the phat lewts back home.

Of course, not everyone might be in line with this decision, but we can Willfully ignore them.

The most important thing in any war, however, is to look good while burninating the enemy countryside, and to that end we should continue wearing the most dapper Fabutux 3000. It's classy AND it pleases the Lassi Gods.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Suzaku posted:

The gods are pleased with our holy pursuit of MONIES and have granted us this omen. We must heed it and begin expanding our economic zone through war!

We must learn Strategy so that we will best know how to conquer our enemies, and Logistics so that we will know how best to get the phat lewts back home.

The most important thing in any war, however, is to look good while burninating the enemy countryside, and to that end we should continue wearing the most dapper Fabutux 3000. It's classy AND it pleases the Lassi Gods.

I mostly agree, but the true way of economic conquest is the sea! We need to found a Novan East India Company or whatever the equivalent oppressable region is, and we'll need 2x Naval Strategy to make our gunboat diplomacy more effective. And to learn more from those classes, we'll want to be Angry about how there's still money that we don't have.

And obviously we'll wear a goddamn Tuxedo while doing all of this.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno, I think it'll take too long to learn how to beat our enemies with pure strength. Maybe we can talk them to death?
Go all the way out in Public Speaking and Court Manners?

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Awww, look at all the people voting military like it might make a difference at this point.

Public speaking x2 in case we get a chance to make a speech.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
Public speaking x2.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Ugh, I'm coming down with something nasty, so there will be no update today. Hopefully it passes quickly. Feel free to be officially annoyed at all the delays I've had, since I know I am.

Voting will be extended until whenever I feel well enough to work on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Get Willful, then cram on Strategyx2.

I think this is a sound course of action.

• Locked thread