Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Make sure that the marriage is matrilineal! Otherwise the kids won't be of our dynasty and we'll get a game over when Elodie dies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Accept the proposal, an alliance makes sense.

Strategy x 3 for classes, to try to get the extra printing press option open. If not, print religious things.

We should wear the magical girl outfit if it's a Lumen run, and let's imprison that murderer fellow.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

As funny as it would be to pull the "We lied about being engaged to you to intimidate our enemies, thanks for that, now show yourself out the door!" we want Elodie to survive a game, so we'd better play it safe and piss off as few people as possible.
Let's Accept his offer.

Let's pump up Sense Magic x3. You never know who could be a Lumen. :tinfoil:
They're not wearing Magical Girl Outfits in the open, so it's hard to tell.

gregory posted:

Put her to work We need a good seamstress in case the unthinkable happens to the tux

I like the way Gregory thinks. One more vote for Put her to work.

Now, as for the printing press, let's -

MegaZeroX posted:

Long Live the Queen Steam review:

Let's publish some FEMINISTIC TO UNFORGIVABLE DEGREE Religious Doctrine about our kingdom's Earth Goddess pagan deity.

mageofthesands
Jan 2, 2013
Don't knock the magic outfit. Or as I call it, Cool Dad's Battle Armor.

I say stick with that plan previously posted about maxing magic stuff in the least amount of time. I forget where we are with that.

Imprison as it's a shame there isn't anyone in the dungeon for us to practice magic on.

Poems about Mom.

Marry him as I can see no way for this to go poorly for Elodie.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
No Tux

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
For anyone who's voting no to the marriage because of the age gap: as far as I know, Elodie doesn't actually marry anyone during actual gameplay. These are dynastic arrangements to get married eventually, after she's older, and has been formally crowned Queen.

Also, the murderer referred to is the poisoner woman, not the possessed dude.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

quote:

Everyone dies in the end.
Seriously, what's going through this guy's head?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Kraps posted:

Seriously, what's going through this guy's head?

His wife died, he only gets to rule his country for a little less than a year until his daughter takes over, and he fell into a coma in an alternate timeline where he became a magical girl and magically fought an elf to death.

I think he might be depressed or something.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Happy Blue posted:

For anyone who's voting no to the marriage because of the age gap: as far as I know, Elodie doesn't actually marry anyone during actual gameplay. These are dynastic arrangements to get married eventually, after she's older, and has been formally crowned Queen.

So in a little under a year.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Marriage

Accept his offer: 21

Politely Decline: 4

What to Print

Religious doctrine: 8

Poems praising your mother: 6

Yes: 4 :iiam:

Criminal

Execute her: 7

Put her to work: 5

Imprison her: 5

Don't Execute her: 4

Outfit

Magical Girl: 15

Not the tux: 3

Tux: 1

Not magical girl: 1

Classes

Sense Magic: 37

Strategy: 17

Lumen: 7

Resist Magic: 6

Wield Magic: 2

Battlefield Medicine: 1

Court Manners: 1

Winners

Accept his offer

Religious doctrine, entitled "Yes, hear the Word our Goddess, yes"

Imprison her

Magical Girl

Sense Magic x 4

Strategy x 2

Desuwa posted:

Sense Magic and Resist Magic in equal parts. (1.5 on both? Can I do that?)

No, you can't. When it comes to this, just look at whatever one seems to have less votes. In this case, I'd recommend doing resist magic x 3, but it still wouldn't have been enough to change anything.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 20, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I would be honored!

Elodie! Your Grace, are you not aware that my daughter has only fourteen summers?

It's my decision.

A betrothal only, of course. There is no need for hurry. You have your coronation to plan for, after all. If I might be of service in any way, please, send for me. I will be happy to offer my protection or advice.

You may now tour the Barracks on the weekends. Your skill in Strategy is now 50. You may not increase this skill until your other Military skills are 25 or higher.

Elodie attempts to imprison the woman who attempted murder, but it goes as well as last time.

We can now visit the barracks. Since Elodie is pretty lonely right now, let's do that.

There are approximately ten battalions under your direct command.

Here, like with the treasury in regards to money, we can see how many soldiers we have.

Elodie gets confused about owls and thinks that hospitals are bad for you.

There are approximately ten battalions under your direct command.

You have nothing more to learn about Sense Magic.

Remember that the Festival of the Good Lady is approaching. There will be public celebrations for the commoners, followed by a grand gala for the nobility. As Queen, you would be expected to lead the procession and take part in the ceremonial planting, possibly give a speech. However, since you are not yet crowned, it is not required, and it may not be safe to expose you to the public.

What do you mean, not safe?

Outside of the castle, you are less well protected. If anyone means you harm... Think on it now, decide later. Word has come from the factory for books that you funded. They have assembled enough equipment to begin printing test pamphlets. As their royal sponsor, it is your right to decide the content of the first printing.

Since there is a new option, I need to call for another vote. Should we:

A) Print poetry about our mother

B) Print relgious doctrine

C) Print army recruitment material

D) Yes

Our skills at the end of the week:

We need 2 classes, and a decision about the Festival of the Good Lady. Keep in mind that the classes will be for both weeks 16 and 17.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 20, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Lead the Parade, Elodie wants YOU to join the Novan Army, resist and Wield magic

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lead the parade (keep the peasants happy, even if we don't have the stats to actually impress them), Army Recruitment, and study Wield Magic and Logistics.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Print recruitment material
2x Public Speaking
Lead parade & make speech

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Let's expose ourselves at the parade by leading it.
Join the army they said. See the world they said. I'd rather be sailing.
Foreign Inteligunce x2, let's learn about the invasion before it comes aknocking.
Also, please burn the magical girl outfit.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Lead the parade (keep the peasants happy, even if we don't have the stats to actually impress them), Army Recruitment, and study Wield Magic and Logistics.

Good plan. I agree.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Recruitment posters! :black101:
Lead parade, don't give a speech! :sparkles:
Resist Magic x2 - now that we can detect :shopkeeper: we need to be able to survive :shopkeeper:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

zonohedron posted:

Resist Magic x2 - now that we can detect :shopkeeper: we need to be able to survive :shopkeeper:

This person knows their skills.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

zonohedron posted:

This is what I vote too.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zonohedron posted:

Yes.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
With the number of fresh recruits following our enlistment propaganda and parade-leading, we are going to need naval strategy at some point, along with logistics. Now seems like a good time for them.

Now also seems like a good time to burn the magical girl outfit.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

zonohedron posted:

Same.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

zonohedron posted:

Can't argue with this.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

zonohedron posted:

This is my vote. Let warlord-wizard Elodie march ahead of her goose-stepping troops. (But she's not ready for a proper :godwin: speech.)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I tried to imagine Magical Girl Elodie prancing through a barracks full of buff dudes. It was weird.

If someone draws this, make sure all the guys look like they're straight out of Jojo's.

zonohedron posted:

What I was gonna say.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zonohedron posted:

This guy right here

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Lead the parade, but no speech,
Recruit more soldiers,
Logistics and Wield Magic

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

zonohedron posted:

Do this.

Also, "D) Yes".

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Throw the tux back on so you can lead the parade (and only lead) in style. And to look snazzy in your recruitment posters.

Then I vote wield magic and resist magic.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

zonohedron posted:

1 more for this.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

zonohedron posted:

Yes.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

zonohedron posted:

YES! I mean yeah this sounds like a good plan.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

If classic RPG's have taught me anything, it's that you should always put your points into attack before defense. If you have a high defense and a low attack, that just leads to a slow death.

Wield Magic x 2

This Elodie is gonna be all about attacking the problems that come our way, so let's print up some Army Recruitment papers.

Since we haven't seen what happens if we Lead the Parade and Give a Speech, let's try that. I'm sure with only 10 points in Conversation it'll be terrible fine!

As for the outfit, let's burn the magical girl outfit....into our brains forever by wearing it this whole game! Hahahaha!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

zonohedron posted:

this :bandwagon:

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

The :bandwagon: is kind of intimidating :stare:

I had been voting with the expectation of not inspiring a :bandwagon: and thus needing to put two votes in the Resist Magic column, not with the hope of getting four Resist Magic classes :ohdear:

(2 would be great, 3 would be good too, but there's other checks we've seen in previous attempts that I would like to pass, like the Intrigue check in Week 18 since our Intrigue is currently 0.00 + 0.00 + 0.00)

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

zonohedron posted:

I had been voting with the expectation of not inspiring a :bandwagon: and thus needing to put two votes in the Resist Magic column, not with the hope of getting four Resist Magic classes :ohdear:

You know you can change your vote, right?

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 21, 2014

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Let's get Wield Magic x2
Yes to Recruitment
Go to the festival, but do not give a speech

Anti-tux league for life

XaviortheSavior
Nov 21, 2011
Resist Magic x2, Lead the parade, and Recruit meatshields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Ten battalions, huh? Of what? If we're stuck with Light Infantry, no wonder we're hosed.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 21, 2014

• Locked thread