Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dareon posted:

There is such a path.

It is not good. :ohdear:
Not put in a coma and not straight up killed then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting will be extended until tomorrow, as I don't have time to do the update today.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Dareon posted:

There is such a path.

It is not good. :ohdear:

I meant him emerging outright victorious.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Bloodly posted:

Imagine that Joslyn hadn't stepped in and instead we'd gone to the treasury, gotten our crystal, and then had to duel Togami with, say, 10 in each Lumen skill. What kind of luck would we have had? And we're the protagonist! :smith:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Bloodly posted:

Based on that response I'm guessing his crystal makes him go evil.

Skapegoat
Feb 18, 2011
I'm finally caught up to this thread! Great LP MegaZeroX!

Option B!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ethiser posted:

Based on that response I'm guessing his crystal makes him go evil.

I would guess the "not being in a coma" path involves him not having the mirror and dying.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Option B: naval warfare! also wear magical girl suit, because tux sux!

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
First off, Option B: Naval Battle, because I'm curious to see how it will turn out.
After that, we have to pick option E: that sounds incredibly interesting and potentially amazing.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Outfit

Not Magical Girl: 1

Magical Girl: 1

Plan

B: 47

E: 7

D: 6

F+ (Kill as many people as possible playthrough): 6

F: 2

C: 2

Note: I will be showing 3 paths over the course of today.

1) Sacrifice Elodie - Even though not many people wanted to see this, I'm going to show this off anyways as it won't take very long

2) Accuse Lucille

3) Naval Battle - Since everyone wanted to see this, this will be last.

PS: Sorry counting votes took so long but I accidentally closed out of my browser right before I was going to post this, so I had to start from scratch again.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 15, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Elodie, no!

I wouldn't have made a good Queen anyway. At least like this I can defend my domain.

So don't be sad for me. I'll be with Mom again soon.

Come with me. I will teach you what you need to know.

It's almost a relief to know that now, everything will end, and you won't have to make decisions ever again.

Should I be allowed to post what order I think we should do the options in or should I keep my figurative mouth shut and let the thread decide on its own? (Or blindly follow Zonohedron)

Voting closes whenever I post the naval battle update.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Guide us to light despite our terrible votes because goons are goons, etc.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
To think, that we almost missed out on that ending. It wraps up everything so well.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

MegaZeroX posted:

Should I be allowed to post what order I think we should do the options in or should I keep my figurative mouth shut and let the thread decide on its own? (Or blindly follow Zonohedron)

alex314 posted:

Guide us to light despite our terrible votes because goons are goons, etc.

Yes, post a recommended order!

I mean, if you're just loading relevant saves, I'm not sure it matters, and we may as well be guided by your suggestions.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Air is lava! posted:

To think, that we almost missed out on that ending. It wraps up everything so well.
Yeah, that seems really underwhelming. I guess the death art is something but...:effort:

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Go ahead and recommend an order

I know one path I'd like to see, but I don't know where some of the other decisions lead, so your expertise will be appreciated.

Also, that death screen is cute and hilarious.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

zonohedron posted:

Yes, post a recommended order!

I mean, if you're just loading relevant saves, I'm not sure it matters, and we may as well be guided by your suggestions.

I'm going to agree, not because of zonohedron, but because these people don't know what they want since there are some intriguing events you'd never see.

give us a list!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
At this point I think you should just go with whatever order you like without even posting it first, but feel free to post it if you'd prefer to handle it that way.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Do as you wish. It is now your time to lead us, MegaElodieX. Try not to die.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

We goons have had our fun guiding three versions of our little princess based on our various whims, so now is the time for us to be spectators and let MegaZero decide what order to show things in.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Do as you will.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Do whatever the thread decides.

MegaZeroX posted:

I wouldn't have made a good Queen anyway. At least like this I can defend my domain.

:smith:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Guide us, Master

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Do what you like, as you have to know the game inside and out at this point. As much as anyone can, anyway.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Note: I follow the path the thread took in the last playthrough for all decisions made after week 18.

Like what?

You open your mouth to answer her, and -

- find yourself unable to speak or move.

My power isn't like your power, little princess. I control the absence of things. Sound. Light. Life. But you dying now would be too suspicious. Instead, you're going to have a very unfortunate accident. You will remain alive and helpless until everyone gives up hope of your recovery, and then you will die.

(That's what you think!)

Calling on your core of inner strength, you push your own magical energy into her spell, overloading it.

What? What are you doing -

There is a loud noise, and the smell of burning.

Music track: None

When you can move again, you find your aunt lying lifeless on the ground, a glimmering purple crystal beside her. Moments later, your father rushes into the room.

What happened?

Aunt Lucille was an evil Lumen. She attacked me.

It's all right. She's gone now.

You feel drained of all energy and can barely keep your eyes open. Leaving your father to clean up the mess, you crawl off to bed.

On week 18, we fail to impress Sirin and we fail to utilize our spies. Then...

Rushing outside, you find a young squire lying on the floor. An amorphous black shape, like the imprint of a monstrous hand, surrounds his neck. He is not moving. Before your eyes, the darkness fades away, leaving only ordinary bruises - and a body.

What...?

It doesn't feel like a spell... not a Lumen spell, anyway.

I don't know.

Everywhere you look, there are shadows... any one of them might be dangerous. It will take some time to sleep tonight.

Then we talk to Julianna about this during the weekend.

I'm scared...

What has happened?

First my aunt turned out to be a Lumen and attacked me, and now this mysterious darkness is killing people...

Your aunt? Tell me everything.

You explain the encounter with the Countess of Nix at the gala, how she tried to ensorcel you and you drove back her magic wth your own, killing her in the process. Then you describe the living shadow which strangled a squire and vanished before your eyes.

A creeping shade... I'll take care of it. Don't worry. No one else will die.

Wait!

What's a creeping shade? Why is it here? What am I supposed to do about it?

It is your responsibility to study and become a queen. It is my responsibility to deal with dangers like this. You are distracting yourself and me. You are wasting my time and putting others at risk.

... Sorry.

Go. Do what you do. I will do what I do.

At the end of Guinelle's birthday party on week 28...

Charlotte!

... Leave me alone.

What?

Don't talk to me! Stay away from me!

She runs away.

(Of course... I killed her mother, didn't I?)

(She'll never forgive me.)

There's nothing you can do about it now.

After we get to the ending in the same way as before (but without Lucille in our group of Lumens), we get this.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 15, 2014

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

One additional (very minor) difference: if we'd accused Lucille and then questioned the wife-strangler, Elodie would have thought to herself "(Well, it's only two crystals. That's not too much trouble.)" rather than "(Well, it's only one crystal. That's not too much trouble.)" during the visit to Julianna in Week 21.

I asked MegaZeroX if he was going to show this scene from the save or in a way that could pass those Lore checks. I guess I have my answer :eng99:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

:drat: a Dark Lumen with some Sith-like powers!
Next Elodie should be like that!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Do as you wish.

MegaZeroX posted:

:smith:

:unsmith:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Swerve! Well I had a feeling Lucille was no good. I guess giving her a position kept her from making an attempt on our life.

Interesting that failing every creeping shade check apparently has no negative consequences, Julianna just handles it.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

zonohedron posted:

One additional (very minor) difference: if we'd accused Lucille and then questioned the wife-strangler, Elodie would have thought to herself "(Well, it's only two crystals. That's not too much trouble.)" rather than "(Well, it's only one crystal. That's not too much trouble.)" during the visit to Julianna in Week 21.

I asked MegaZeroX if he was going to show this scene from the save or in a way that could pass those Lore checks. I guess I have my answer :eng99:

Sorry I didn't reply to the PM. I was busy working on the post, so I didn't notice it.

Another minor change that I didn't think worth mentioning is that Elodie says "You, me, and the priestess Selene. Will that be enough?" instead of "You, me, the priestess Selene, and my Aunt Lucille. Will that be enough?"

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Shieldhill posted:

Swerve! Well I had a feeling Lucille was no good. I guess giving her a position kept her from making an attempt on our life.

Interesting that failing every creeping shade check apparently has no negative consequences, Julianna just handles it.

Yeah, having a Lumen tutor is pretty convenient!

MegaZeroX posted:

Another minor change that I didn't think worth mentioning is that Elodie says "You, me, and the priestess Selene. Will that be enough?" instead of "You, me, the priestess Selene, and my Aunt Lucille. Will that be enough?"

The reason I mentioned the crystal scene is that the first time I accused Lucille I was eagerly awaiting Elodie realizing she now had two crystals... but, no, it's just "only two" rather than "only one". (Unless you pass the Lore check in that scene, in which case she is not quite so "enh I'll just stick it/them behind the ugly painting of Great-Grandfather, nobody will look there" about things.)

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 16, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Seems like using magic in general just attracts monsters. The stronger the magic, the worse monster too. Seems like being a Lumen sucks.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I like this exchange:

"You are going to suffer a magical curse and die slowly in a week"

"Nah I'm gonna counterspell that poo poo and kill you back, now"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

zonohedron posted:

I'd really like to see such a playthough too. Maybe we can start fresh with the intention of doing as perfect a Lumen/Lore run as possible with Zero making all the decisions.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Shieldhill posted:

I think she gets a good look and decides that loving with witch-queen Elodie is not a good idea.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
As we identify the characters who want to kill Elodie, I'd like to see a few runs where we focus on each one and squeeze every last bit of story out of them. Whether it's a winning game or not, let's do an "all about Lucille" run sometime.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
A few things about Lucille are apparent from what we've already seen. You'll notice that she was flat-out lying to Elodie about her powers when she was offered the Lumen Minister spot. But she also didn't betray her on that route; she's loyal right up until the end. She's someone who's looking for power, and she can be placated by giving her some.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

A few things about Lucille are apparent from what we've already seen. You'll notice that she was flat-out lying to Elodie about her powers when she was offered the Lumen Minister spot. But she also didn't betray her on that route; she's loyal right up until the end. She's someone who's looking for power, and she can be placated by giving her some.

Sure makes it seem likely that it was her that tried to have us killed en route to that birthday party, doesn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Sure makes it seem likely that it was her that tried to have us killed en route to that birthday party, doesn't it?
Maybe she was the one who sent the assassin snake too. :ohdear:

• Locked thread