Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Shyrka posted:

I'm sorry but for all the buildup the Awesome Adventure was a severe letdown. They go into the woods then run home at the sight of the first monster?

I was expecting all sorts of monsters and pitfalls, followed by finding awesome loot and maybe a lumen crystal or two in the old city.

The header for his post said "part 1".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

paragon1 posted:

The header for his post said "part 1".

Part 2 is just the awesome additional stuff you open up for having done the incredibly foolish adventure.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Doesn't debug console just let you set your skills to any number?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

yamiaainferno posted:

Doesn't debug console just let you set your skills to any number?

Yes, but if you set it less than what you already have, it doesn't reduce your skill, or at least it didn't for me, either when I set it as the temporary value or the permanent value.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

If no one else has plans to cover it, I could do talking to Fabian at the ball and the stuff that it causes. Also I can't remember if anyone has posted all the outfits here or not.

I have no idea how to get the cats thing. What else is there left to cover, other than those two things?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

A little scene: When you get that slanderous/hilarious letter, and lose it to a gust of wind, then get the option to climb out the window. I haven't ever had enough climbing/whatever skills it needs, to actually reach for the letter.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

yamiaainferno posted:

If no one else has plans to cover it, I could do talking to Fabian at the ball and the stuff that it causes. Also I can't remember if anyone has posted all the outfits here or not.

I have no idea how to get the cats thing. What else is there left to cover, other than those two things?

There's also showing off how to hire Lucille without having any Sense Magic.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

zonohedron posted:

What? I didn't even know that was possible!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

nielsm posted:

A little scene: When you get that slanderous/hilarious letter, and lose it to a gust of wind, then get the option to climb out the window. I haven't ever had enough climbing/whatever skills it needs, to actually reach for the letter.

Also, there is a little epilogue involving that letter and Talarist. I could show that off.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

This event happens when you anger Banion by forcing Brin to marry an Ixion noble.

During a lull in the music, Banion, the duke of Maree, taps an elegant fingernail against a wineglass, letting the clear note ring out through the room.

If I might have your attention? I believe we should offer our compliments to our lovely hostess. Not only does she protect our borders, but she has begun to address the long-standing problem of a shortage of heirs. My sister is proud to do her duty. As, of course, are others, such as myself and our lovely new queen.

You can almost hear the chorus of eyebrows being raised.

(He's trying to suggest that he and I have some sort of romantic arrangement. If I don't deflect that, everyone will be sure it's true.)

May I have this dance, fair lady?

Certainly.

He pulls you close, his hand possessive on your waist, as the orchestra swings back into motion. His head above yours angles down to murmur words that - you hope - no one else can hear.

You realise that you have just admitted to all your guests that you and I are having an affair.

I know.

I'm the Queen. I can have whatever favorites I like, then drop them when they bore me.

And that will hurt your reputation more than it does mine.

Ruthless, aren't you? Without allies, even a queen can reach too far. And you do need a husband. I only ask you to consider it. We could do much together.

Hmmm.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, Elodie's a badass even outside of her usual executions.

I think I like Evil Elodie more than I expected to :black101:

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Alternately, if you're already betrothed to Talarist, and you pass the appropriate checks, you can pretend not to understand his plotting, claiming that since you're clearly already betrothed, he must be talking about his own imminent marriage. :allears:

Edit:

MegaZeroX posted:

Also, there is a little epilogue involving that letter and Talarist. I could show that off.

I had no idea there was anything more to it! Please do!

(I just learned (not from this thread) that there's yet another person you can marry that I haven't gotten Elodie to marry yet, and I thought I'd gotten them all. This game has an amazing amount of tiny details.)

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 9, 2014

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

zonohedron posted:

I have no clue how to do this either.

Which marriages/romaces have been shown off? An update montage of all the marriages/romances with portraited characters (Linley is the only unportraited prospect that comes to mind right now) that we haven't seen so far might be interesting. I assume that Briony will be shown off shortly, but I can't remember off the top of my head who else has been covered.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

yamiaainferno posted:

I have no clue how to do this either.

Which marriages/romaces have been shown off? An update montage of all the marriages/romances with portraited characters (Linley is the only unportraited prospect that comes to mind right now) that we haven't seen so far might be interesting. I assume that Briony will be shown off shortly, but I can't remember off the top of my head who else has been covered.

I showed off Brin earlier.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Here are all of the outfits for LLTQ. Not of particular importance but I've always really liked the art in this game and Elodie looks pretty drat cute in almost all of these. :sparkles: Some we've seen in the thread, but many we have not.

Boarding School Uniform (No Bonus)

Coronet (Royal Demeanor)

Tea Dress (Conversation)

Toga (Expression)

Scholar's Gown (History)

Catsuit (Intrigue)

Nurse's Gown (Medicine)

Tuxedo (Economics)

Uniform (Military)

Tutu (Agility)

Tabard (Weapons)

Exercise Gear (Athletics)

Hunt Coat (Animal Handling)

Priestess Robe (Faith)

Magical Girl (Lumen)

EDIT: When I was getting the screenshots for talking to Fabian, I also got the duel with Banion on accident. It was a pretty fun scene so I'll likely post that sometime too.

yamiaainferno fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 10, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That the animal handling outfit is a hunt robe makes perfect sense for Elodie. No compassion, even to animals :black101:

Also I can't help but feel the tuxedo outfit lacks something. Something like...a mask. I'd edit one in but I'm lazy.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

That the animal handling outfit is a hunt robe makes perfect sense for Elodie. No compassion, even to animals :black101:

Also I can't help but feel the tuxedo outfit lacks something. Something like...a mask. I'd edit one in but I'm lazy.

I think the idea is that all three of the animal handling skills (horses, dogs, and falcons) are used in hunts. Especially dogs and falcons, which are used for little else. (Except protecting their masters from chocolate and redheads, of course.)

The monocle really should be on the tux, to be honest. I think someone edited it on in the thread, but I'm too lazy to go find it for you.

Update is pretty much finished, by the way! It should be up in a minute, if you'll forgive the double post.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Elath’s succession crisis is one of the more memorable events in the game, mostly because pretty much everyone falls for the grandfather trap and gets little Adair killed, teaching the player that their actions have consequences. For a long time I thought that sending him to our uncle was the best option, until I tried a 100 stats run just for kicks and stumbled upon this scene.

First, you need to pass the Divination check (>= 60) Week 14.

(An owl in daylight and a dead leaf-- Someone important will die in the next few months.)

And all this time, I thought it was banshees, not leaves, that heralded death. Regardless, that is the only check required for this event. Anyone who’s played the game before of course knows who the omen is referring to. It comes up again at the ball.

Fabian is the father of, and reagent for, Adair, the young Earl of Elath. The boy is only twelve, years too young to assume his full title.

There’s a Foreign Intelligence (>=70) check here, commenting on the frequency of deaths in this family.

Test: Foreign Intelligence > Failed

Tragedy has been a common visitor to the Elath line; his mother Cayleigh died in childbirth, and her mother and sister died when Cayleigh herself was a very young girl.

Test: Foreign Intelligence > Success

Almost all of Adair’s near-blood relatives have died in the past thirty years. His mother Cayleigh died in childbirth; her mother and sister are suspected to have been victims of agents from Sedna. If Fabian dies before Adair comes of age, there will be a succession crisis in Elath.

Here we have the option to speak to him or say nothing. If you say nothing, the ball will proceed to Banion’s toast as normal.

He stares at you, and you realize that you’ve spoken too bluntly for politeness.

If you pass the Conversation check (>=50), Elodie will ask much more politely.

My mother’s death has made it clear to me that we are all mortal, and solid plans need to be in place.

You worry for a moment about how the old man will take such a subject, but he only sighs and nods.

And then the conversation continues as normal.

But the mornings do grow colder. I hope to see Adair become a man, but I know that it may not happen.I know she’s no blood of his, but I say leave the boy with Arisse and her brood in Lillah. Her youngest three are near enough to Adair’s siblings, Adele especially. She dotes on him. My other children are too old, Adair’s never known them. And his grandfather...

Still, I would never trust him with Cayleigh’s son.

He pats your hand.

Good little girl, you are, thinking of me. What will come will come.

If you danced with Adair earlier, his dialogue changes. Fun Facts: I discovered this purely by accident.

What?

Was that not what you had in mind when you danced with him? Get them young, train them how you want them? Didn’t work out so well for my and my Cayleigh, may the gods protect her soul.

Fabian went from nice old man to a total creep in nothing flat. Maybe it’s just me, but those two lines really disturb me.

If that’s not your plan, then please, leave him with his stepmother. Closest thing to family he’ll have left.

This version also ends with him patting your hand and thanking you for thinking of him. Later, when Fabian dies, there is new dialogue and options.

I expected that was coming.

With the control of Elath in doubt, it falls to the crown to make decisions.

Here we are given the usual spiel about possible regents-- Arisse, the grandfather, an unrelated noble, or marrying him ourselves. I’m not going to bother to post it again. After her father is done, Elodie will reflect on her conversation with the old creep.

(He said that Adair should stay with either his stepmother or his stepsister Adele. Adele would be a less politically dangerous choice.)

A minor continuity error, as really he only mentioned Arisse as a caretaker. Adele was mentioned in passing as a reason why he should stay with Arisse. It would have made more sense if Elodie had mentioned him wanting Adair to stay with his stepfamily, and then thought of Adele herself. Interestingly though, if you dance with Adair at the ball (so that Adele never comes up in the conversation) you do not get the option to name her reagent, and instead of the above dialogue you get this:

(He also said definitely not to give Adair to his grandfather.)

They’ve grown up together, and she’s old enough for the responsibility. She doesn’t have a title of her own and is more likely to be loyal to Elath’s interests.

A clever compromise.

+1 Cheerful

Thank you.

Adair later sends us a letter, thanking us for letting him stay with his family. It’s pretty sweet. :unsmith:

yamiaainferno fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 12, 2014

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Wow, I've never seen that scene you get when you dance with Adair and then talk with Fabian. :stare: This game is so crazy reactive, I'm glad to have so many people showing off scenes in this thread.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Catalina posted:

This game is so crazy reactive, I'm glad to have so many people showing off scenes in this thread.

And here is part 2 of the Awesome Adventures! Next will be :shopkeeper:ing Togami, and after that will be the epilogue scenes.

The Duchess of Mead is here to see you, my lady.
Elodie! Where is my daughter?
I'm right here.
Briony? What happened to you? Your clothes - your skin!
Well, you see, there was this nasty thing with tentacles and it sort of grabbed me...
You were - You went to the Old Forest! What were you thinking? You could have been killed!
But Elodie rescued me!

Briony's mother turns to glare at you.
You were there with her? Why didn't you talk her out of this?
I kept her safe, didn't I?
She's a hero, mother!
There is no such thing. Only fools risking their lives for no good reason.
Come on, young lady. We're going home.
.... yes, mother.

The Duchess of Mead leads her daughter away, and you sigh.
You should not have risked your life to chase after your friend. What would have happened to Nova if you had died?
You have responsibilities. You cannot act on your every whim.
Your mother gave her life for this domain. How can you disrespect her memory like this?

In your heart you know he's only yelling at you because he loves you and he was afraid for you, but at the moment, that doesn't lessen the sting.

Unless Elodie did something to make herself less Afraid last week, she'll still be Afraid after the lecture, but the +5 Pressured means that when she is less Afraid she's likely to be Pressured afterwards, unless she was very Lonely before.

I also like the implication that it is an entire week later and yet Briony is still in the same clothes she wore to the forest. :raise:

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 11, 2014

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

zonohedron posted:

I also like the implication that it is an entire week later and yet Briony is still in the same clothes she wore to the forest. :raise:[/i]

Well we all know she does not have the ability to think ahead very far, so she probably only brought one outfit with her. Also Alice doesn't do the laundry of non-royalty. :colbert:

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

MegaZeroX mentioned LLTQ2. Is that confirmed? Because I haven't been able to find any news of it. I'd love to see a sequel.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

yamiaainferno posted:

MegaZeroX mentioned LLTQ2. Is that confirmed? Because I haven't been able to find any news of it. I'd love to see a sequel.

No, unfortunately that's not something that exists. In the members-only section of the Hanako Games forum, there's a thread like, "I have these ideas in my head for a sequel to LLTQ that I might or might not make one day, which do you like the best", but that's it.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

yamiaainferno posted:

Hanako has stated that if there is to be one, it won't be until the sequel to Magical Diary is completed, at the very least. But yeah, like Catalina said, it isn't confirmed. Its just a possibility at this point.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Part of me would rather she just expand the content for LLTQ further. A lot of what we're seeing now is already stuff that was added post-release anyway, you could conceivably add new scenarios and scenes indefinitely.

How would an LLTQ2 even work without it involving a completely different scenario and cast of characters?

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

Part of me would rather she just expand the content for LLTQ further. A lot of what we're seeing now is already stuff that was added post-release anyway, you could conceivably add new scenarios and scenes indefinitely.

How would an LLTQ2 even work without it involving a completely different scenario and cast of characters?

This wouldn't be that bad. It would be fun to play as one of the other countries maybe? Though a giant DLC expansion along the lines of BoI's Wrath of the Lamb or CK2's Old Gods would be great.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So is anyone going to show off that "Discover the horrible secret" acheivement, or did we already get that?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

paragon1 posted:

So is anyone going to show off that "Discover the horrible secret" acheivement, or did we already get that?

I think we did. It was an alternate path from the forest, where we convince Briony to tell us about family problems. She sends us a letter that we have to decode. I remember it in the thread.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014

paragon1 posted:

That was in the Disney/Game of Thrones playthrough. I think we've gotten most of the achievements actually... Almost all of the remaining ones are going to show up in the Evil Elodie montage later this week, so then all that's left are the blessed by cats achievement, making a foreign Duke your subject, and being forced into marriage.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I don't think we've done both that and making Briony's parents divorce as a result. If no one else does it first, I may show that off, plus the new marriage option (sort of) that it unlocks.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

paragon1 posted:

Well, there's "Better Left Unsaid", which we've seen (it's "Kevan's hosed in the head"), and then there's "Facing Facts" which is "You have discovered the truth about your mother's death." I wouldn't have expected the Evil Elodie montage to cover that, so I'm glad to know Bookworm was planning on doing so :sparkles:

Mountaineer posted:

I don't think we've done both that and making Briony's parents divorce as a result. If no one else does it first, I may show that off, plus the new marriage option (sort of) that it unlocks.

The thing in spoilers is totally unrelated to finding out the truth about Kevan. You just don't find out about it (and thus don't get the achievement, because you don't know it happened) unless you get a letter from Briony, which is also the only way to find out Kevan's secret. (That is, you can get the letter about Kevan being broken without the thing happening.)

Also, if you're going to show it off, there's two different ways that the new option can go - one is indeed "sort of", but the other is an actual marriage.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014

Mountaineer posted:

That's part of the Evil Elodie montage, since it is a rather evil thing to do to Briony. I'll post it later this week, along with some other ways to make Briony's life miserable.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

I don't think we've done the creeping shade, either. Whatever that is. I've never seen it.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

yamiaainferno posted:

I don't think we've done the creeping shade, either. Whatever that is. I've never seen it.

Assuming it's the creeping shade I'm thinking of you need to kill a certain very unpleasant person at the opportunity you have to kill her early on. Hopefully that it's a female who is extremely unpleasant is enough hint to know who, and as to how try magic. Lots and lots of magic.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

I just realized that I have a file for being forced into marriage, so I can cover that after the duel. After all of that I might try for the cats or the shade if no one else has claimed it, but if you'd like to in the mean time go for it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
I noticed that the OP hadn't been updated with other people's playthroughs, as well as some of MegaZeroX's stuff, so I took the liberty to compile them.

MegaZeroX's Bonus Series 2 Continued - Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

Hella Yuri Playthrough by Feinne

Evil Elodie Playthrough - Part 1 (Alternate ending to Part 1 by Pittsburgh Lambic) Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 by Bookworm

Adventures with Briony - Part 1 Part 2 - by zonohedron

Bonus Scene with MegaZeroX

Pretty Princess Dress Up Time by yamiaainferno

Elath Succession Crisis - Alternate Decisions by yamiaainferno

I'll try to continue updating this as people keep producing stuff. And tell me if I missed anything, I tried to make sure I got all the big stuff.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Feinne posted:

Assuming it's the creeping shade I'm thinking of you need to kill a certain very unpleasant person at the opportunity you have to kill her early on. Hopefully that it's a female who is extremely unpleasant is enough hint to know who, and as to how try magic. Lots and lots of magic.

Also, you want lots and lots and lots of Lore for the aftermath.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

zonohedron posted:

Also, you want lots and lots and lots of Lore for the aftermath.

Yeah it's fortunate that fuckloads of magic is an inherently strong path towards winning the game because some paths definitely require you to grab a bunch of skills that don't have much use outside of that one thing.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

To trigger this event, you must either surrender the province to Ixion or execute Brin in Week 10. Here I went with surrendering the province. Banion will make his usual backhanded toast in our honor at the banquet about it.

During a lull in the music, Banion, the Duke of Maree, taps an elegant fingernail against a wineglass, letting the clear note ring out through the room.

I believe we should offer our compliments to our lovely hostess. Her respect for tradition and the rights of the nobility means that we can all sleep safe in our beds. Our boundaries are strong and secure, our lands well-defended. No one would dare to steal from us.

The blatant falseness of his words grates on your ears. He’s challenging your honor in front of the entire assembly.

Test: Composure > Failed

I can’t let this slide!

Passing this test (>=20) simply gives you the option to ignore the jibe, giving you a +1 to Yeilding. Otherwise, we have the option to duel him or to have him executed.

You insult my honor.

Elodie, no!

+1 Angry
+1 Willful

You pull off one of your long white gloves and hurl it to the ground at Banion’s feet.

Witness that it was never my intent to endanger the royal succession. However, these actions prove that Her Royal Highness is too unstable and too immature to sit on the throne. For the safety of our domain, I will accept.

The floor is cleared and both of you change into more appropriate attire. As the challenged party, Banion has the choice of weapons. He chooses swords.

Die!

Test: Swords > Success

You charge in, but cautiously, meeting his blade with your own as you circle, testing each other for weaknesses. Your opponent appears to be in no hurry. His training and experience may appear to give him the edge, but you have youthful energy on your side. You may be able to outlast him.

Test: Athletics > Success

Your athletic training has toned your muscles and given you the strength to carry on for long periods of time. Round and round you go. Is it your imagination, or are his movements a fraction slower than when you began? One of you needs to win, and quickly. Now is the time to press.

Test: Swords > Success

One blow, another, a quick charge, a twist of the blade and-- there! Your sword sinks into the flesh just underneath his ribcage, and he falls. You stand there, gasping for breath, with his blood at your feet.

...His titles will pass to his brother Bennett. This gathering is over.

In silence, you walk away. You are not in the mood to talk to anyone else right now.

This ends Week 17 immediately, not giving you the Sense Magic check to sniff out Lucille. Honestly, I love this scene. Nice Elodie can be badass too, guys. Failing any of those checks (>=30, >=40, >=70, in order), will result in a sword death.

Test: Swords > Failed

You charge in, swinging your blade wildly, trusting that he would not dare seriously attempt to harm a young woman of royal blood in front of so many witnesses. Unfortunately, you are fatally incorrect. The last thing you see is the expression on Banion’s face. He seems almost regretful. You wonder why... but you don’t wonder for long.

I’m not actually sure what that last line is about. I’d welcome theories!

yamiaainferno fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

yamiaainferno posted:

You charge in, swinging your blade wildly, trusting that he would not dare seriously attempt to harm a young woman of royal blood in front of so many witnesses. Unfortunately, you are fatally incorrect. The last thing you see is the expression on Banion’s face. He seems almost regretful. You wonder why... but you don’t wonder for long.

I’m not actually sure what that last line is about. I’d welcome theories!

He didn't want to kill her, but when she challenged him to a duel he really had no choice; it wasn't to first blood, it was to the death, and he wanted to not die more than he wanted her not to die. (He is no doubt also regretful because he wanted to be the power behind the throne (by marrying her, or by becoming her regent after she's found incapable) himself, he didn't want Lucille having the power (through Laurent and/or Charlotte).)

But she was dumb enough to challenge a trained fighter to a duel without adequate training herself, and is undoubtedly in shock as she bleeds out, so she can't figure any of that out.

• Locked thread