Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Dogs and Intrigue. We're out to find out who's really Man's Best Friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Wow, gently caress that guy. He was hoping Elodie had already contracted tuberculosis, wasn't he?

Nah. His big sister just died, and he just noted that her little girl was in good physical and mental health, being polite. No ulterior motives. Probably. We can't be sure. Maybe we need a little more information into his motivations and loyalty. Some Intrigue, perhaps. In a catsuit. Because we like Animals.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also is this a purely matriarchal society? I didn't think dowager king was something that could exist.

Nope. A goon described as a " pure cognatic primogeniture". That just fancy talk to mean that the Line of Succession only considers birth order. I'm just going to quote that poster.

nweismuller posted:

More specifically, the kingdom operates under pure cognatic primogeniture for noble titles, but with a law forbidding any duke to possess multiple duchies. That is to say, not 'matriarchical' so much as 'gender is irrelevant to inheritance of title, only birth order matters'. Our mother was the reigning Queen, and we were her first (only) child. As her only child, we are her legal heir. Our father isn't even in the line of succession. Were we to die, the next child of the monarch before our mother would be next in line, and that would be the uncle who showed up. After him, his daughter. And so on.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Blue hair is so tacky. Send her away. Maybe next time she'll come back in a more acceptable Pink.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Intrigue in the morning, and Animals in the evening. Whose a good lil' spy? you are, you are

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Completion of skill category. Note that we have one skill in the Physical skills tree at 50%. We have one skill out of 12 at 50%. That's about 5% or 0.05 (actually 4.2% but whatever).

Welp. I was wrong. Misremembered, I guess.

GrizzlyCow fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 10, 2014

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Intriguing in the morning, Falconry in the eve.

Climb up. It'll probably kill us, or at least, hurt us.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Lets apologize but stay yielding. There's no need to be a dick. We should work on our Presence and Intrigue stuff.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

I think MegaZeroX wants the thread to find out this stuff through trial 'n' error rather than those playing revealing this. (Which is why he says not to "whatever mood gives bonus to X" when asking for votes.)

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Intrigue and War. We have our dogs of war to train, but that'll be for a later date.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Let's Negotiate. poo poo, lets not charge into anything we don't know. We might piss off some of our stronger supporters (we have supporters?) if we just agree to any deal willy-nilly.

Animals x2 for the classes. I'm not giving up on our little terror falcons.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Okay. Intimidate. We're not giving them the provinces, and we sure as hell not emptying our royal treasury if we can help it. We'll play at civility and merely threaten to massacre everyone he knows and loves if he does not comply with our demands.

e: Intrigue and History. Our knowledge would probably work better if had context for all of it.

GrizzlyCow fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 15, 2014

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

This is getting silly. Will we ever pass a skill check?

We have passed a few skill checks already. The Military one the update before last that told us that we could take Ixion in a fight. The Foreign Intelligence and Court Manners checks on page 6. Composure for the snake attack. That's about it, but that's okay. We're going to fail most of these regardless of what we do.

Give the game a few more updates before Elodie actually starts appearing semi-competent.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Presence and Internal Affairs. Little dictator.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

What has Elodie been doing during the first 14 years of her life? Don't they teach anything at that boarding school of hers?

We all know that school didn't tech Elodie nothing about life. However, I figure most forms of mathematics is probably above everyone who isn't an academic or engineer considering the setting. Elodie's new found ability to add together numbers with a sum larger than 10 without taking off the royal crocs is a great party trick.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Internal Affairs and Presence.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Ferrosol posted:

Keep wearing the coronet because queens need to be stylish.

Wilful We need to show everyone that we're not going to be easy meat.

Lead the parade but don't speakScore brownie points with the commoners but keep our mouth shut.

Learn Foreign Intel and Internal Affairs Elodie knows all and sees all.

This.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
It's like you were in sync with Elodie all the times you were playing.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Guys, lets finish up Internal Affairs (x2).

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Noble plots. A guy already pulled out a knife in front of us, and didn't he say something about dishonoring him. I'm just saying, inbreeding makes people crazy.

MAGIC (x2)

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
More bloodthirsty guardpuppies.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Sydin posted:

: "Daddy, I'm scared of being assassinated! What should I do?!"
: "Git gud."

Father of the year material right here. :v:

More training, since it's look more and more like in this game we can't rely on jack besides ourselves.

I don't think Joslyn is trying to be unhelpful. He just married into his position, and before Elodie's mother's untimely death, all he had to do was sit there and look pretty.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Internal Affairs and Composure Stop Willful Stop Catsuit Stop

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
She wasn't that good.

Intrigue and Lumen. gently caress it. The tide is against me.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Lumen and Arms. Let's red mage it up in 'ere. Also, wear the tabard. We're the best warrior princess.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
gently caress YOU, EARL. We give him one simple task, and he fucks it up. As far as we are concerned, he is responsible.

Rabidredneck posted:

Don't blame him

Time to start training Foreign Intelligence I guess, a ruler needs to know whats going on in the world.

Don't vote for classes, brah.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I don't there are any dead princess walking situations if you have the appropriate skills.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Send Aid, Don't Go, max out Accounting and Production. We want those 100% messages to be the true econoprincess!

This.

You know what they say about those who has control over the means of production.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Keep the horse-y cushion. We can find a way to turn this into money.

Royal Demeanor. Flattery can come later.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

How can we be a true Econoprincess if we can't even finish trade? Complete composure while we're at it.

Yes, this.

C'mon guys, Elodie ain't evil. She's just letting the Free Market decide some issues like not accepting a gift from a powerful noble.

Anyway, if were an evil JRPG final boss, we'd have powerful magic or be a skilled fighter. We're at worse a powerful antagonist who will be killed off screen later in the game to make way for the true cosmic threat.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Recruit Soldiers, Do not Lead, Foreign Intelligence (x2).

And also, wear the Tuxedo.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Like hell we're going to negotiate with a finger-waggler. Spit in his cereal Do not accept his terms. Ain't no good ever came from talking to magicmen.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

Welcome to the magical future time of April 13th! You might be frightened by our advanced, future technology, but I assure you that it shouldn't be too hard to come to terms with the span of time that has elapsed. :v:

Hot drat. That magic Awful Reader sent me to the future again.

Since I am here, I guess I'll partake in the common pleasantries. Extravagant Parties and top it off with a beautiful Public Speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I don't know why Elodie would expect Laurent (ignoring the Evil Elodie run); Lucille's plan would require he dies.

I wonder if Togami will be less of a right bastard in the sequel. Killing her parents is one thing, but he doesn't have to gloat about it in front of a little girl.

• Locked thread