Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Background

Long Live the Queen is a hybrid between a visual novel and raising sim created by British developer Hanako Games. It was originally released via the developer's website on June 2nd, 2012, and later on Good Old Games. On November 9, 2013, it was released on Steam through Steam Greenlight, and it received a major patch adding new content.

Long Live the Queen follows a 14 year old princess named Elodie. The player decides her classes and what decisions she makes. You need to both choose good classes and make good decisions in order for Elodie to make it to coronation. The game has gained notoriety for its deceptive nature. Despite it's cutesy art style, the game is brutally unforgiving and has some darker plot points.

The Lets Play

I will allow the thread full control over which classes Elodie will take. The thread will also control the visual novel style choices made. In order to keep the LP moving at a decent speed, I may ask for votes for the next week's class/weekend schedules ahead of times when I deem it necessary. Voting will close everyday at 4 PM EST.

If Elodie fails, we will start again from the beginning. If we get more than 3 failures, I will allow the thread to use saves to back up a few weeks and work for a different skill. After the game is beaten, I will start 2 more playthroughs where I'll show off a couple of interesting paths. The thread can vote for which two I will show.

:siren:Thread Rules:siren:

1) Absolutely no spoilers. No links to spoilers. No spoilers behind spoiler tags. No vague hints. Nothing.

Edit: Now that we are nearing the end of the LP, anything that hasn't been shown can be discussed with spoiler tags.

2) Remember, this isn't FYAD. Fan art for the game is fine, but don't post anything :nws:. Don't post links to anything NWS either.

3) Don't do anything else against the Let's Play thread rules.

4) All votes must be in bold. If it isn't in bold, then your vote doesn't count.

5) You change your votes by editing your post, unless it is less than an hour from the time voting closes, in which case you can make a comment about you changing your vote. If you make a comment about changing your vote before that time, the announcement can not be in bold, and you need to edit your original post.

Week 0

Playthrough 1

Weeks 1 - 3 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

Weeks 4 - 8 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6

Weeks 9 - 11 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Weeks 12 - 15 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4

Weeks 16 - 21 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8

Weeks 22 - 24 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Weeks 25 - 28 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7

Playthrough 2 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

Playthrough 2.1 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 Part 11 Part 12 Part 13 Part 14 Part 15 Part 16 Part 17 Part 18 Part 19

Part 20 Part 21 Part 22 Part 23 Part 24 Part 25 Part 26

Playthrough 3

Weeks 1 - 3

Weeks 4 - 6

Weeks 7 - 9

Weeks 9 - 10

Weeks 10 - 12

Weeks 12 - 15

Weeks 15 - 17

Week 17 Part 2

Week 17 Part 3

Week 17 Part 4

Week 18

Weeks 19 - 20

Weeks 20 - 21

Weeks 21 - 24

Week 25

Weeks 25 - 28

Weeks 28 - 29

Weeks 29 - 32

Week 33

Week 33 part 2

Playthrough 3.1

Week 33

Week 34

Week 34 - 35

Week 36

Week 37

Week 37 Part 2

Week 38

Week 39

Week 40

Bonus Series 1 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Disney/Game of Thrones Elodie - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Bonus Series 2 - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

Hella Yuri Playthrough by Feinne

Evil Elodie Moments - Part 1 (Alternate ending to Part 1 by Pittsburgh Lambic) Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 by Bookworm

Adventures with Briony - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 - by zonohedron

Bonus Scene with MegaZeroX

Pretty Princess Dress Up Time by yamiaainferno

Elath Succession Crisis - Alternate Decisions by yamiaainferno

Duel with Banion by yamiaainferno

Marrying Ancient by zonohedron

"Sailor Briony" by Princey

Talarist Squid Poem Epilogue by miasmacloud

Angering Talarist by MegaZeroX

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Elodie's potential Classes

Royal Demeanor

Composure: The ability to bear pain, fear, and surpise without flinching

Elegance: The ability to be beautiful and dignified under any circumstances

Presence: An aura of confidence and command

Conversation

Public Speaking: The ability to use words well under pressure

Court Manners: Proper etiquette for all situations

Flattery: The ability to tell someone what they want to hear

Expression

Decoration: Drawing, painting, arranging flowes, dressing well

Instrument: Skill with musical instruments such as the harp and flute

Voice: The skill of singing beautifully

Agility

Dance: Knowing the steps and carrying them out with grace

Reflexes: The ability to respond quickly to surprises

Flexibility: The ability to stretch and contort without pain

Weapons

Swords: The ability to use a blade both for formal duels and deadly force

Archery: The ability to strike a target at range

Polearms: The ability to wield a long taff or ceremonial weapon

Athletics

Running: Ability to move swiftly and surely across land

Climbing: Scaling ropes, rocks, and walls

Swimming: Endurance and speed when crossing water

Animal Handling

Horses: Riding and grooming

Dogs: Training, hunting

Falcons: Training, hunting

History

Novan History: Notable events and locations within this domain

Foreign Affairs: Notable events and relationships between ths domain and its neighbors

World Hitory: Long-term information about the world in general

Intrigue

Internal Affairs: What the nobles and other citizens are up to

Foreign Intelligence: What other countries are up to

Ciphering: Learning ot read and write secret information

Medicine

Herbs: Knowledge of helpful and harmful plants

Battlefield Medicine: First aid, dealing with immediate injuries

Poison: Ability to recognize and counteract dangerous substances

Economics

Accounting: Treasury, profits, and expenditures

Trade: How goods are bought and sold between locations

Productions: National resources and how they are made into goods

Military

Strategy: The skill of achieving victory on land

Naval Strategy: The skill to achieve victory at sea

Logistics: Being able to move troops and supplies in a timely fashion

Faith

Meditation: Finding and maintaining your own inner piece

Divination: Interpreting signs from nature of what the future might hold

Lore: The magical history of Nova

Lumen

Sense Magic: The ability to detect mystical power at work

Resist Magic: Defense against mystical powers

Wield Magic: Knowledge and control of your own magical powers

Mood Boxes

:siren:Minor Spoilers unless caught up with the let's play:siren:

Profiles

Official Art

Fan Art

Creator: Hyper Crab Tank

Creator: Super Jay Mann

Creator: Shaezerus

Creator: Bro Enlai

Creator: Zonohedron

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 21, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

This is the title screen. The checklist shows the different things you have done, and "bonus" has some art in it. For now, let's just hit "start game."

I know it's hard to leave your school and all your friends, but I've arranged the best possible tutors for every subject. You'll have to work hard this year to prepare yourself before your fifteenth birthday, but I know you can do it. You'll learn quickly and you'll make a wonderful queen. It's what your mother would have wanted.

This is not what Mother would have wanted!

She wouldn't have wanted to die and leave me.

No. She wouldn't. But sometimes bad things happen. We have to pick up and carry on. All of Nova depends on us. On you.

*sigh*

I will be here to guide you until your coronation, but the decisions you make are ultimately up to you. Come. Your maids are waiting.

I'll let the tutorial explain the basic mechanics.

You will be controlling Elodie, the almost-Queen of Nova, as she tries to prepare for her coronation. To do that, she needs to take classes every week in order to raise her Skills. The skills she learns will provide different choices in the ongoing plot. Learning the right skills can mean the difference between life and death! You also need to keep an eye on Elodie's Mood. With her mother's tragic death, Elodie is not very happy right now. The Mood button will take you to the emotions screen for more details.

Elodie's current mood affects her ability to learn. It will give her a bonus to some skills and a penalty to others. Let's take a look at the Skills screen now.

Every week, Elodie can study two skills. Normally, she earns 2 points in a skill for every weekday that she studies. So if she studies History, she will earn 2 points x 5 days = 10 points. Because Elodie is depressed, she has a -2 penalty to the Social skillset Conversation. She doesn't feel like talking to people right now. If she studies Conversation, she will earn 2 - 2 points per day: that is, 0 points! However, she has a +1 bonus to the Expression skillset. If she studies one of the Expression skills, she will earn 2 + 1 points per day. Which means 3 points a day, 15 points for the week. If you study a skill you have a penalty for, you could be wasting your time and not learning anything. If you study a skill you have bonuses for, you will learn much faster than normal. All of these bonuses and penalties will change when Elodie's mood changes. She can also gain bonuses to skills by studying related skills. Check the skills screen every week to see your current bonuses! Once you know your mood, skills, bonuses, and penalties, you are ready to choose your classes for the week.

Choose a class option for both Morning and Evening classes, then click the 'Done' button which will appear in the lower-right corner. As you play through the story, you will sometimes see feedback bubbles appearing over the text. These tell you what's happening behind the scenes.

This feedback is very helpful in figuring out different options to try! But if you don't want to see it, you can turn
the bubbles off in the Preferences menu. Now, get ready to become a Queen!

Thanks tutorial! The tutorial didn't mention everything, so I'll cover the gaps.

This is the screen you will see when preparing for the next week. It is the only place where we can check Elodie's skills, assign her classes, and change her outfits.

This is the full list of skills Elodie can learn.

This is the full class selection system. You first select a set of skills (such as royal demeanor), and then select the specific skill (such as composure). Elodie can choose one AM class, and one PM class. Whether a class is AM or PM does sometimes matter, because a skill can't be raised above 50 until all of the other skills in the set are at 25 or higher. So, if you wish to raise a skill that is at 50 (or very close to it), you should raise your other skills in the set to 25. If you raise the last skill to 25 in the AM class, you can then raise the skill at 50 in the PM one.

Here we can change Elodie's outfit. Right now all we have is her boarding school uniform, but that will change. These outfits increase all stats in a skill set by 10. You unlock outfits in the same way you unlock the skill cap of 50; by getting 25 or more points of each skill in a set.

There is also a Log option. This allows you to see all dialogue that has been said and what choices you made. Neat! This is has been especially useful for creating this screenshot let's play.

Vote for what skills (or skill sets) you want to increase! Choose 2, and explicitly state which is for the AM Class, and which is for the PM Class. In this game, doubling up is often a good strategy, so it needs to be set up this way. You can find the in game description of each class in the second post.

Voting is closed!

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 10, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

dereku posted:

I'll vote for double medicine the hands of a queen are the hands of a healer

What type of medicine though? You need to differentiate between Herbs, Battlefield Medicine, and Poison.

Update: I didn't really think about how spread out the votes would be. I'm going to institute a point system. Points are assigned like this:

1) You can still vote for any specific subject, which gives that subject +2 points for the skill.

2) You can vote for skill set instead (ie, Intrigue) and all skills it contains will be given +1 point.

3) Voting for a specific skill will give all of the other skills in the set +.3 points automatically.

4) Voting for anything in a category (social, physical, etc.) gives skills in the category +.1 point automatically.

This should change little for you guys. You can now vote on a skill or skill set. The rest of it is just mechanical calculations on my end.

This may need to be balanced somewhat. If you have any suggestions, run it by me!

French Accent posted:

(Also, Economics is misspelled in the 2nd post)

Fixed

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 24, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

OK. I changed the dialogue spacing. I broke it up that way because that is how the lines are broken up in the game with the dialogue boxes. It somewhat felt like it was just a big run on when I put it all in one chunk.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 1, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

Princess Maker with a plot, basically.

Anyway, since the last LP of LLtQ went full :parrot:, I'll cast my votes for Intrigue and History off the bat.

There was a previous LP of LLTQ? It isn't in the Master List. What exactly happened?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

^
OK. Can you remove the link for now though? I had presumed it was a failed LP, because the Master List usually mentions ongoing and recently finished Lets Plays too. Since it wasn't, I don't really want it linked to yet as it contains spoilers. Obviously, whoever clicked on the link would know that, but the thread rules still need to be observed. Removed

Also, the 3rd music link is now fixed. I didn't realize it wasn't working. As it turns out, I accidentally uploaded it as a .wav file.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 2, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is Closed! I will be tallying up the results and posting them by the end of the hour.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 2, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I need to say a few of things before the results. First, I presumed that all choices mentioned first were AM and all of the ones mentioned second were PM. Second, I presumed that the guy who switched from "medicine" to "herb" (before I allowed skill set votes) wanted to keep it that way, and that when Deadmeat posted

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This is what I was going to write, geez. Warrior queen :black101:

he wanted to vote the exact same as Super Jay Mann. Finally, I just wanted to make sure to remind everyone of the scoring system I'm using.

MegaZeroX posted:

1) You can vote for any specific subject, which gives that subject +2 points for the skill.

2) You can vote for skill set instead (ie, Intrigue) and all skills it contains will be given +1 point.

3) Voting for a specific skill will give all of the other skills in the set get +.3 points automatically.

4) Voting for skills or skill sets in a category (social, physical, etc.) gives skills in the category +.1 point automatically.

This may need to be balanced somewhat. If you have any suggestions, run it by me!

AM Point Leaderboards:

Dogs: 20.7 points

Accounting: 7.8 points

Swords: 6.2 points

Internal Affairs: 3.6 Points

Novan History: 3.0 Points

Divination: 3.0 Points

Every other skill: < 3 points

PM Points Leaderboard:

Dogs: 7.0 Points

Poison: 5.7 Points

Falcons: 5.3 Points

Military Strategy: 5.2 Points

Voice: 4.3 Points

Internal Affairs: 4.1 Points

Ciphering: 4.1 Points

Trade: 4.1 Points

Production: 4.1 Points

Divination: 4.0 Points

Every Other Skill < 4 Points

The AM class vote was dominated to a ridiculous extent by Dogs. The PM vote, on the other hand, was very spread out and Dogs won out by only a slight margin. The actual vote numbers can be found here
What is everyone's thoughts on this? I imagine that quite a few people are either :smith: or :toot: right now.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Oh! It's my cousins! And my aunt and uncle.

Darling. We were so terribly sorry to hear about your mother Fidelia.

Thank you.

You look well, niece.

Hi, 'Lodie!

Hi, Lottie. I haven't seen you in ages! Will you be staying long?

Yup! Mummy said we'd be here all month.

Maybe we'll have some time to talk later.

As a reminder, here is what our mood currently looks like

Remember, moods aren't necessarily bad or good. They each give bonuses to some skills and penalties to others. The only way to tell which moods effect which skills is through experimentation.

It is time to vote again! Choose which weekend activity we will be doing. The weekend activites have been added to the second post, below the class descriptions. Also choose what classes we will be taking next week. Don't worry about the mood change affecting next week's skill growth. I will pick the 2nd place skill if the winning skill has a penalty to it.

Voting is closed

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 3, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is now closed.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I was considering moving on and not watching this LP until I saw the double down dogs awesomeness. Talk to Your Father cause poor dude just lost his wife, and now his loving in-laws (former in-laws?) are staying for a month. Plus he'll need some happy memories of his daughter before she is brutally assassinated based on what the thread is saying. Also is this a purely matriarchal society? I didn't think dowager king was something that could exist.

Oh, and Dogs x 2 again. We must learn all of their doggy secrets. Yes, we must.

Definitely stay for the ride. They game will get very interesting soon enough.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Weekend Votes

Visit Charlotte: 11

Talk to Your Father: 3

Walk in the Gardens: 2

Visit Tombs: 1

Visit Dungeons: 1

AM Skill Points

Composure: 7.4 Points

Dogs: 6.4 Points

Meditation: 5.0 Points

Swords: 4.6 Points

Dance: 4.5 Points

Every Other Skill < 4.0 Points

PM Skill Points

Composure: 8.1 Points

Divination: 5.3 Points

Meditation: 5.3 Points

Dogs: 5.3 Points

Internal Affairs: 5.2 Points

Accounting: 4.3 Points

Every Other Skills < 4.0 Points

The exact vote results can be found here.

Visiting Charlotte won the weekend vote by a large margin, and composure won both of the skill votes by a reasonable amount. The voter turnout is lower than last update.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 3, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Let's see how our cousin is doing. Many in the thread thinks she or her uncle are going to murder us at any moment

You should visit more often. It's awful that the only time I get to see you is...

... something like this.

I know your brother and sister are still too young, but why haven't you come to school?

My mother worries about me. She doesn't think anywhere but home is safe.

I understand. I'm probably not going to be allowed to leave this castle until my birthday.

But at least we can have fun together here!

Well, Elodie's expression is different than yesterday.

Because of the cheerfulness she gained, her depression and afraid stats are tied. In Long Live the Queen, when this happens, the skill furthest on the left wins. In this case, afraid.

Her skill bonuses/penalties have changed accordingly. Composure is still -1 right now, so I would normally take the skill that came in second. However, just this one time, I'm going with composure anyway. It will be useful for showing what happens when you try to increase a penalized skill.

No increasing text, as it only went up by 5. Only increments of 10 give you flavor text.

Now that she has reached 10 composure, Elodie can do deep breathing exercises! :toot:

I have come to pay my respects in honor of your mother.

You have no respect or honor. It's because of you and your powers that my wife is dead!

What?!?

I am a Lumen, as was she, and like every Lumen I am willing to give my life if necessary to protect our domain.

Duke of Caloris: Your line has been traitors for two hundred years. I won't have you corrupting my daughter.

That is for the Crown Princess to decide. Elodie, your mother trusted me, and I have much to teach you.

Time to make an extremely important decision with very little to go on (something that LLTQ loves)! Do we send her away, arrest her, or let her stay? No other voting for now, because our weekend activities depend on this.

Voting is closed!

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 4, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is now closed.

The results are:

Let her stay: 16

Arrest her: 12

Send her away: 4

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 4, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Today's update is a short one. You guys (barely) chose to let Juliana stay.

She's stays!

As you wish.

Elodie is a little more willful now, but her strongest emotion is still afraid

Time to vote for both the weekend activities and next week's classes! The weekend activities list in the second post has been modified to reflect the change. We still can't learn lumen just yet. As always, voting ends tomorrow at 4 PM EST.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 5, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Weekend Activity Vote

Visit Julianna: 13

Attend Service: 6

Visit Dungeons: 1

Attend Court: 1

AM Skill Points

Swords: 10.5

Foreign Intelligence: 5.7

Court Manners: 5.1

Dogs: 4.6

Every other skill < 4.0

PM Skill Points

Foreign Intelligence: 8.6

Internal Affairs: 6.9

Poison: 4.7

Dogs: 4.6

Swords: 4.4

Lore: 4.3

Meditation: 4.3 Points

All other skills < 4.0

The voting statistics can be found here.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

First, I need to know if you have your mother's crystal.

What crystal?

The source of power for any Lumen is a particular magical crystal. Once you've bonded with it, it becomes a part of you as long as you live. The Royal Crystal has been passed down from ruler to ruler for generations. It belongs to you, now - except that the King may be keeping it from you.

Do you have a crystal?

Of course.

You reach out to touch it, and it dissolves away into nothing.

Oh.

It belongs to me. No one can take it from me until I die. You need to find the crystal that belongs to you.

Elodie's emotions haven't changed. She is still afraid

Because she is afraid, each of the winners and runner-ups have a penalty, and are automatically disqualified. See? 3rd place does matter.

For those wondering, this is actually true. Charcoal is an effective antidote to poisons. However, this wasn't discovered until 1820. Looks like Nova is ahead of it's time.

Lottie, do you have a boyfriend?

Not really. I just like to play with the flowers.

Don't move!

This isn't exactly a difficult choice, but what should we do? Also, what should we do next weekend?

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 7, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Boneless Jogger posted:

You have a broken image tag for the poison training. Anyways, hold still.

Already fixed it four minutes ago. It was working, but I had accidentally deleted a part of it during my last edit. Also, no spoilers, even behind tags.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 7, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I'd forgotten to add in the music. That's fixed now. I'd recommend listening to "Peril." It is my favorite track in the game.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Yeah, it probably will. I may end up cutting out the weekend votes.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Sorry for not updating. I just barely got home. The vote time for the next update will be extended to 6 PM to make up for this.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I suggest playing forward a bit, and if an event comes up requiring a choice, call a vote for it along with that week's training/weekend activity.

But without context, it would be meaningless. "What should we do if we come across a situation where someone tells us to not look down?"

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 7, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

The stats are in!

Choice

Hold Still: 11

Look Down: 5

Weekend Activity

Visit Dungeons: 3

Visit Tomb: 1

Play With Toys: 1

Talk to Your Father: 1

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

The thread chose to not do something stupid hold still.

Oh, so that's the reason I allowed that penalized skill to be studied.

There. It's dead.

You look down at your feet and see a snake in the grass!

Eeeeeek!

What is going on out here?

Mummy, there was a snake!

The Duchess of Ursul protected us.

Milk vipers are not native to this area. That snake should never have been here.

This is unacceptable. I can't have my daughter remaining in such a dangerous place! We are returning home to Merva at once.

Awww....

The thread voted to visit the dungeons, presumably to manipulate Elodie's mood

Our mood has changed. Elodie is now Depressed again, like at the beginning. Only this time she is on the verge of being willful

It's that time again. What classes should Elodie take? Also, note that from this point on I may not offer some of the completely inconsequential choices to the thread so we can get through each week in one or two updates. I'll choose the weekend activities myself to match Elodie's mood bonuses with what skills the thread seems to be going for.

Voting is closed

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 8, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Fumbles posted:

So what would have happened if we'd failed that check, or looked down?

Charlotte would have gotten bitten and taken by Lucille. Elodie would have gotten more afraid, so her strongest emotion would still be afraid right now. During the next week Elodie's emotions would have changed, but to what would depend on her poison skill. There would also be things further down the line, but talking about those would be significant spoilers.

This early on, the game is holding your hand and Elodie is not allowed to die yet. But if something like that happens 10 weeks from now, Elodie will die.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

AM Class Points:

Falcons: 7.6

Dogs: 7.6

Internal Affairs: 7.5

Voice: 6.3

All other skills < 5.0

PM Class Points

Dogs: 13.5

Accounting: 8.5

Foreign Affairs: 6.8

Horses: 6.6

All other skills < 6.0

The exact votes can be found here.

Well, that was close. Internal Affairs was .1 point away from winning the AM vote. Since falcons and dogs are tied, I'm going to be using RNG to determine which one wins.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 8, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

For determining the tie, I assigned integers to dogs and falcons (1 and 2 respectively) and used Random.com. I'll do something like this for each tie in the future.

Ha! That should stop you curs! (pun totally intended)

It's certainly not empty, though. It seems like we get more servants every day.

Let's visit Dad. Maybe he knows where the crystal is.

Dad, what happened to Mom's Lumen crystal?

It's in a safe place.

Can I have it?

No.

But it's mine!

Meddling with magic killed your mother. I don't want that to happen to you. Once you're crowned Queen, I can't stop you from doing anything you want, but for now you are still a child.

Elodie's main emotion is now willful. Let's see how this will effect her skill gains.

Same deal as always. Vote for Elodie's classes.

Voting ends tomorrow at 5 PM.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I'm going to presume all of those foreign affairs votes are actually for foreign intelligence since:

1) Foreign affairs would net us 0 points for the week.

2) Foreign affairs is about (recent) history, not intrigue.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is now closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

No points this time. Why not? Well, look at these numbers for yourselves.

AM Class Vote

Internal Affairs: 13

Military: 2

Court Manners: 1

Accounting: 1

Voice: 1

Battlefield Medicine: 1

Faith: 1

Swords: 1

Foreign Affairs: 1

Falconry 1

Polearms: 1

PM Class Votes

Foreign Intelligence: 10

Internal Affairs: 4

Military: 2

Intrigue: 1

Court Manners: 1

Presence: 1

Faith: 1

Swords: 1

Economics: 1

Voice: 1

Polearms: 1

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Hanako just released an update for the game today (version 1.2.20.1). There are a few changes that I will go over in the next update, but the only thing pertinent right now is that all previously seen dialogue (which is all of it in my case) has "skip ahead" icon on the bottom right.

People that have haven't played Long Live the Queen since the Steam patch won't recognize this character. Alice, among other things, replaces most of the generic "maids" throughout the game.

They have brought you a letter, and a gift.

'Condolences on the death of', 'deeply regret', 'best wishes'...

Oh! What a beautiful necklace!

Elodie is on fire right now!

Should we wear this necklace? And should Elodie experiment with becoming yielding? After the next update, I will be posting the bonuses and penalties of the emotions Elodie has seen on the second post.

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 9, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Me neither. Tindeck was chewing up one of the uploads for my LP, so it might be on their end.

Yeah, it appears to be on Tindeck's end. The file works fine locally, and I've tried uploading the track again and it still doesn't work. I'll try another site for the new music until Tindeck starts working properly. Anyone have any recommendations?

Edit: I'm going with Kiwi for the temporary hosting site.

Heatwizard posted:

One thing that didn't really come across in Syrg's thread until the end is that all the theoretical suitors in this game don't expect to just move in with a 13 year old; the epilogue in those cases mentions that marriage age is still a while off for her, if I recall.

Normally I would ask you to refrain from (sort of) spoilers, but in this case it is fine because you're wrong. Whether a suitor moves in or not depends on who it is. And Elodie is 14, not 13. The age of adulthood is 15 in Nova, so those prospects aren't very far off.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 9, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I found an interesting post by Hanako on the Steam discussion page for the update. Replacing the Steam emoticons for goon ones:

Shinki posted:

Not trying to sound crazy here, but it sure as hell is convenient that 2 upgrades for the game were released short after a new steam feature was implemented that favors recently upgraded games on the frontpage :smug:
Even if that was the intention, there's nothing wrong with doing that :)

Hanako posted:

Actually we were figuring this update is probably a little too small to make use of the frontpage thing! We haven't submitted it to that atm, saving that for when we have new content to push.

There is a reason this is being done now, but it's because of something else... ~it is a mystery~

New content in the future maybe? :neckbeard:

Pertaining to the Let's Play: Tindeck is working again so the music link is fixed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 9, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is now Closed.

Necklace Vote

Don't Wear it: 21

Wear it: 6

Weekend Vote

Willful: 11

Yielding: 6

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Elodie has decided that she won't wear the necklace.

We should probably tell Julianna that Dad is keeping the crystal from us.

My father says I can't have the crystal until I'm Queen, so we'll just have to wait.

There may not be time to wait. This world is filled with dangers, and you will need the powers of a Lumen to fight them. You can't begin training until you have bonded with your crystal.

Well, what else am I supposed to do about it?

The crystal is probably held under guard in the Royal Treasury. You are the princess; you should be able to find a way inside.

Otherwise we might have to take drastic action.

This choice doesn't actually preclude Elodie from doing anything. It does affect her mood though. Let's reassure Julianna that we will find a way, so we can get the willful bonus.

This is Elodie's current mood. Without that willful bonus, her strongest emotion would have been depressed.

Our bonuses and penalties haven't changed, but you may notice that there is a new box on the top right. This is part of the update Hanako released. The game has one for every emotion Elodie can feel. The boxes we have seen will be on second post. Willful, afraid, and depressed should already be there.

The update also added text for failed study attempts, added a skip button that was shown in the last update, and fixed a few typos. The skip button can be turned on and off in the options menu, which I should have realized last update.

Hey, it's that time again! What classes should Elodie take? Voting closes tomorrow at 4 PM EST.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

This is definitely the kind of game that lends itself to adding more and more content over time. If I recall, the version released on Steam was itself quite expanded from its original release, no?

Yes, the Steam version of the game added quite a lot to the original release. About a third of the Steam achievements involve doing things you couldn't do in the original version.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 9, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Agnostalgia posted:

What are the numbers atop the 4 broad categories, like "Physical +0.05"? They don't seem to be factored into skill growth bonuses like with the smaller categories, so what do they represent?

They are how much extra points you get for a category. So all physical category classes get .05 times 5 days each week, or .25 extra points. Each extra week increases the category bonus by .01 and the set bonus by .1.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 10, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Rabidredneck posted:

This. Having a good understanding of whats going on in your country as well as whats going on outside it is important to a good ruler.

What are you talking about? The only requirement for a good ruler is dogs. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

What's the policy on discussing alternate scenarios for things that have already passed?

They can't be discussed unless I've talked about them or give the OK. I'll drop this rule on the last playthrough.

• Locked thread