Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Limp Bizkit and Slipknot.

I absolutely loved those two bands, they were the heaviest, awesomest and angriest poo poo I'd ever heard at the time and I blasted that poo poo constantly.

My taste in music was so goddamn lovely :(

But I also listened to a lot of Rammstein back then, and I still love them. AngryRobotsInc asked earlier if their newer stuff holds up, and I think it does.

Probably their most :nws: video, so don't watch this at work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w51LSu9Jm4Q

I used to have a friend who turned out to be a raging homophobe. He was a giant Rammstein fan and threw away every single album and piece of merchandise after that. It was great.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Feb 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Phrasing posted:

McDonalds. I don't loving know.

I still like their fries though. Whatever chemicals and ratshit and cardboard they put into their french fries they should keep doing it because they're delicious.

Supposedly they were even more delicious and addicting back when they used to fry them in beef tallow.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jeherrin posted:

"Selling out" really means, invariably, "releasing a popular song/EP/album THAT I DON'T LIKE".

And/or "releasing a song that gets picked up by mainstream radio, even though I secrectly still like it".

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tokelau All Star posted:

Regarding "selling out", Patrick Carney of the Black Keys had a pretty good take on it, something along the lines of "If you're gonna be hearing a song in a commercial anyway, wouldn't you rather have it be something you actually like?"

gently caress no. Commercials have ruined certain pieces of music for me, because every time I hear them, I involuntarily start thinking of the commercial they were used in.

gently caress everyone who works in marketing. They ruin everything.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Phrasing posted:

I liked both Marilyn Manson and Slipknot :getin:

Manson is OK for apparently being a totally chill cool dude in real life.

There's no excuse for Slipknot, though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Double-posting is a terrible thing.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 09:05 on May 28, 2014

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Explain instead of vaguely hinting.

Not all of us were into lovely webcomics, or have any idea who drew some random Powerpuff Girls knockoff manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Croccers posted:

I dunno if Skunny Kart is good or bad, or was it Wacky Wheels that was the good one?

Tiggum posted:

I've never heard of Skunny Kart, but I used to enjoy Wacky Wheels.

I've never played Skunny Kart, but you've seriously never heard of Skunny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6AP3TyzpxI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL_Wzgh2JhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1lJLxSnO3Q

Ok ok, I admit that it's a pretty obscure series and that none of the games were really all that good, but Skunny: Special Edition at least had a pretty good built-in level editor that made it a little less lovely.

E: Rewatching those videos, goddamn those were some lovely games, I can't believe I used to play them.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 08:20 on Jun 9, 2014

• Locked thread