Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Prepare for the secret art of the K Prime Last Minute Application Technique~!

I beg forgiveness from the gods for this lateness because nobody goddamn told me this was happening.

Centipede Hong

High Concept: Rogue Heir to the Venoms

The ancient Venom Cult is the hidden secret of the Empire. Once, they were the Emperor's cruelest torturers and assassins... until they decided the Emperor had lost the Mandate, and slew him in turn. For this crime they were executed... but their skills let them substitute innocents in their place and flee. Now they kill for money, whim, or for the sheer unholy joy of it.

Centipede Hong was next in line for the Mastership of the Venom Cult, handed from father to son. But somehow, he had changed when the time came for him to inherit. The cruelty and viciousness of his youth was gone. He was now, somehow, a kind man who did not wish to murder for any reason. And so the man in white fled into the wildnerness, and the cult...

Trouble: Marked for Death

..followed. One does not leave the Venoms. The only exits are death and well, death. Hong knows that even now the killers of the Venom Cult trail his every movement, following his tracks to slay him. If they catch him, it will not be a kind death, either: they will make him suffer a thousand torments before they finally let him die.

Hong does not wish to die.

Aspect: Hundred Fists In Mind and Body

Centipede Style requires a fast mind as well as fast hands. Speed is nothing if you can't make a decision fast enough to use it. The truest practitioners of the venom seek wu wei, action without action.

Hong isn't there yet, but he's still really quick to think, and to act. This has saved him many a time... but also gotten him into more trouble than the Black Whirlwind in a bar.

Aspect: A Really Nice Guy Somehow

Something changed Hong. He does not speak of it, or even mention it; but Hong went from Yama King to the Jade Emperor's grace quickly. Everything else about his demeanor and style scream that he is a dangerous man, someone to flee from, but those knowledgeable in the ways sense a great inner peace...

Aspect: ...With a Real Dark Side

...mostly. Some of the old Hong still lurks within, and when the cult threatens or evil lurks it can come out with a vengeance. Hong prays and fasts to fight it, but in the end, you can't purge a decade and a half of evil with a single change of heart... Part of him still craves to hurt those who harm him.

Skills:
+4 Rapport
+3 Fight, Athletics
+2 Deceive, Notice, Will
+1 Chi, Lore, Shoot, Burglary

Jianghu Rank: 1

Refresh: 2

Stunts:
God-Speed Fists: Nothing is too fast for the Centipede Venom. When trying to do anything fast involving his hands without opposition, Hong succeeds. Period.

Calm Demeanor, Wild Heart: Once per scene, when interacting with another character in a social setting, Hong may make a free Rapport roll to discover an aspect of that character. Any aspect revealed this way greants two additional free invokes, in addition to any granted by the roll.

Regretful Killer: When Hong makes a successful attack that deals at least one stress, he may choose to also deal a Moderate physical consequence to the target. If he does, he takes a Moderate mental consequence as well.

Style: Lightning Serpent Centipede Venom
Centipede Fist Form

Techniques:

Lightning Strikes Without Pause Centipede Senses Prey: Gain a +2
bonus to Notice (or other skill) used when determining
turn order.

Serpent Bites the Hand 2 Arms Block, 98 Arms Strike: If you gain shifts on
a defense, you can sacrifice your action next turn to
immediately inflict an attack on your opponent using
the shift value of your defense as your attack result.

Places

The Venom Cult

Aspect: Killers Without Remorse, Poison Everywhere, Money for Nothing

The Venom Cult lost its purpose when the Emperor cast them out. They know this; but all they've ever known how to do is kill and torture, so they continue. In the vaults deep beneath the earth, gold and jade pile up. In the torture chambers, new recruits are forged from the flesh of the victims.

Why? Because they can.

Venom King, 10th Cult Master

Aspects: Unknown Armies, Slow but Steady, Unrelenting

Who is that masked man?

It's not Hong's father, who died for Hong to ascend. Someone inherited, that's for sure, but who? Hong knows not. All he knows that the new master is a terrifying practitioner of the Snake Venom and more than once, he's had to flee for his life from him. The only saving grace is that the Snake is slow to approach... but the Snake is also clever and vicious.

And patient.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Vivacious Yue (Ridley)

A charming young lady, but... I sense a sadness in her. Something changed her. Something like what changed me.

Beautiful Doctor Zhang (Professor Cirno)

Needs to spend more time honing his skills, and less time hitting on people. I think he's pissed at me because he thought I was a woman at first.

Shu Li (spectator)

..Man, I hope he doesn't pry too hard into my past.

Xu Lei (TurninTrix)

A good man, to the core. Better than me.

Zhu Qiang (Velyoukai)

Seems like a nice old man.. but something inside him reminds me of myself. I ain't entirely sure if that's good or bad.

Centipede Hong (K Prime)

My illustrious and charming self, of course.

Rival

Fat Dragon

Hong's only rival who isn't a terrifying member of a shadowy cult out to kill him, Fat Dragon's unfortunate nickname comes from his honestly rather scary style. He's not fast. But he's a master of the Stone Dragon, and one of the few around who can simply shrug off Hong's rain of blows. He can't catch Hong worth a drat, but y'know, that's the way it is. Their matches are generally indecisive, mostly because Hong gets bored around hour 2 and calls it a draw.

• Locked thread